• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fel Player Events - Keep it Civil

PurplePotion

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Now before I start, I want to say that I'm wearing an asbestos suit, so lets just skip any flaming and keep it constructive, and I am directing this towards both sides of the fence. (Moongate?)

I'd like to see more player run events in Felucca. I know that people would like to see new Monsters, loot, rewards in Fel to make it worth playing there. However I don't (don't burn me for this) foresee this happening in the near future. There is to much opposition to it. In the meantime, instead of sitting around, I propose that the players (this is a sandbox game afterall and anything is possible) create their own events for Feluccia. I know that I'd be more inclined to spend more time in Fel if there was more of a reason than getting a few power scrolls that I have not needed since 2007. With that being said i'll go ahead and shamelessly plug my ideas now.

I am currently based on the Atlantic shard, and to do my part, I plan on running bi-weekly? (a lot of this is still in planning such as frequency) events in Felucca. The events will all be based around the theme of finding a character and either apprehending, killing him or possibly blackmailing him/her.
There will be different objectives in each event, however there will always be the option to kill me since we are playing in Fel!
My character will have no offensive skills, and will only have the means to defend himself/herself. I will have defensive skills such as hiding, stealth, ninjitsu for animal forms, ect. I don't want to reveal all my cards before the first event.
Each event will have a theme to it, or be part of a short storyline. However you will not need to know the storyline to enjoy the event.

What will you gain from doing these events? Aside from the fun of having a grand adventure, there will be prizes awarded at the end of each event. There will be multiple types of prized depending on the event. 1. At times I will be carrying items that will be retrievable when I am killed, or my character may need to discard items when he/she is being chased allowing for someone to stop and pick up the items and hopefully giving me time to escape! At the end of the events there will also be monetary awards given as well. Award types will be detailed in each event.

What do I gain from these events? Well for starters, I get to have a great time hopefully leading people on a merry chase. I get to have fun doing something other killing Miasma for the gazillionth time. I also get to write up fun stories and enjoy being apart of something bigger than killing a Giant turtle with a bunch of strangers.

Still with me?

I think that even a lot of people may find enjoyment spending an hour dodging the possible PKer, or even defending friends against them while hunting a monster with above average AI.

If you still have no interest, that is fine too. There are about 1,000 different things you can do in the game, you don't need to join in if you don't want too. However I'd appreciate it if you keep any negative comments out, and if any do trickle in, lets just ignore them and keep on track!

I have more to say, but I feel that this is probably to long already.

What do you all think?

Last edited:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
What shard?

PurplePotion

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Ack, though I had that listed. I'll be starting in Atlantic since that is where most of my money is currently. Since i'll be a pretty easy kill, even relatively new characters should be able to kill me, so anyone from any shard could join in with relative ease.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I see that now. I really did miss that. My apologies.

If ya ever want to do an event on Siege, let me know.

PurplePotion

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
No apologizes needed! There was a lot to ready. Ireally need to get around to making a character on Siege. The community there seems pretty decent for a pvp server.

Thoronnar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I think a lot of people didn't play UO before trammel, and don't know how amazing and fun Felucca can be. It is true that old UO without insurance, and trammel rules, even though fun, was very, very chaotic. To the point it was almost a 100% PvP game, and PvM was done only with the objective of obtaining resources for PvP.

But there was life!!! it felt real; there were *******s and nice people. Sometimes a PK will kill you and loot everything and laugh at you, sometimes the PK will kill you and leave your belongings and be polite, sometimes you! will kill the PK, sometimes you would get sick of being killed by annoying PK guild at the cemetary, mines, Britain bridge, and you would get people together, make a guild and kick their asses. Man it was fun, intense and addictive. Yes I agree it wasn't built for everyone, and UO has evolved a lot from those times, into a more complex and incredible game. But that whole UO essence that I got to experience, is dead, and that's really, really sad. There was a point to the game other than accumulating items, there were real friends and real enemies. Now, PvP almost feels like logging into a FPS and playing for a bit.

I hope your initiative becomes viral, and more people start going to felucca, and felucca will become alive again. I miss the old days. Maybe then the developers will add more life to it, who knows?.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I used to do a fel player event once every 2 or 3 months. They are a ton of fun, they can be a bit of pain to organize but well worth the reward. PM if you have any questions about how to make your fel events troll proof. :)

Come winter I plan on doing a christmas fel event. It will involve despise, harbingers and a house drop. :)

PurplePotion

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Awesome! I'll be pming you at some point for that troll advice! I'm hoping this will give the Fel people some fun.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
No apologizes needed! There was a lot to ready. Ireally need to get around to making a character on Siege. The community there seems pretty decent for a pvp server.
You really should. I have an unused quest room some where in my castle. At least that is I am told. *sings* Ain't never been there, they tell me it's nice.