• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Feeling Nostalgic

Ha! +1 to that yes:D id like to add also that i would love to see a boxed edition like the previous ones being made also:) i found my old boxes the other day including the cloth map and i felt like i went back in time hehe:)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Do you know what I want from 20th anniversary? Restoration of some of the surviving outlying parts of Haven (not the main city).

Specifically:

1. Restoring the Cemetery, even if the undead are no longer there.
  2. Restoring the Stone Circle (we want our "Stones")
  3. Unearthing and displaying Hanse's hammer south of the mountains. (it's still there, underground, at least on LA)

Also:
4. If the EC starting quest is pretty much useless anymore, how about getting rid of that area, creating a successor to Uzzeran, and making the "Darkness"/Dark Knight encounter a (repeatable?) quest from the new governor.
5. Give us updated versions of the Paladin quest from New Haven, Necromancer quest from Umbra (have the quest go from New Haven to Umbra, to get a better understanding of the backstory - just change the location of the cave that interfered with housing in the Luna mountains), and the Samurai Empire template quests. Have them as follow-on quests for after you do the basic New Haven quests. They should be easy to recreate in the new quest system. There was never a legitimate reason to end several of them (only the Paladin one was directly affected by the bugs in Haven, and in the resulting explosion/recode of the area). Even the excuse given 11 years ago about the quest system getting replaced has fallen on its face, as not only were the other old-style quests NOT updated (Solen Ambitious Queen and Matriarch, Naturalist, and Hag Quest), several other quests were added to the "old system" since, not the least of which was the one for level 1 skill masteries. The "new crafter" quests are already better handled with the New Haven quests, though.
6. Come up with some new quests for other skills, that (like the discontinued quests), actually gave practical experience in the mid-range. They don't need to be accelerated gains, just education in their use.

Schatzi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"That video is way too short, especially the "connecting" part! Haha"

I started UO on a Commodore 64 with a 14k modem....talk about lag lolololol.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Townspeople would ask for an item, and in return, give thee whatever they already had.

Murder quests.

Townspeople would tell thee in what direction a magic item could be found.

Townspeople would halt and turn to face thee when thou didst speak their names.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Townspeople would ask for an item, and in return, give thee whatever they already had.

Murder quests.

Townspeople would tell thee in what direction a magic item could be found.

Townspeople would halt and turn to face thee when thou didst speak their names.
Townspeople would give thee directions to the nearest banking facility. And they would get out of your way if ye asked them to... by name.

Bucs Den Inc.

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The BK wall was the place to train! No SOTS. Just a bunch of people attacking Bone Knights and cross healing each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you know what I want from 20th anniversary? Restoration of some of the surviving outlying parts of Haven (not the main city).

Specifically:

1. Restoring the Cemetery, even if the undead are no longer there.
  2. Restoring the Stone Circle (we want our "Stones")
  3. Unearthing and displaying Hanse's hammer south of the mountains. (it's still there, underground, at least on LA)

Also:
4. If the EC starting quest is pretty much useless anymore, how about getting rid of that area, creating a successor to Uzzeran, and making the "Darkness"/Dark Knight encounter a (repeatable?) quest from the new governor.
5. Give us updated versions of the Paladin quest from New Haven, Necromancer quest from Umbra (have the quest go from New Haven to Umbra, to get a better understanding of the backstory - just change the location of the cave that interfered with housing in the Luna mountains), and the Samurai Empire template quests. Have them as follow-on quests for after you do the basic New Haven quests. They should be easy to recreate in the new quest system. There was never a legitimate reason to end several of them (only the Paladin one was directly affected by the bugs in Haven, and in the resulting explosion/recode of the area). Even the excuse given 11 years ago about the quest system getting replaced has fallen on its face, as not only were the other old-style quests NOT updated (Solen Ambitious Queen and Matriarch, Naturalist, and Hag Quest), several other quests were added to the "old system" since, not the least of which was the one for level 1 skill masteries. The "new crafter" quests are already better handled with the New Haven quests, though.
6. Come up with some new quests for other skills, that (like the discontinued quests), actually gave practical experience in the mid-range. They don't need to be accelerated gains, just education in their use.
the dryad area and the swimmer, I miss those

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes please.

Gidge: "Larry move"
Larry: "oooo....colors"

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish people still believed eating food was beneficial (or even necessary)... :violin:
No matter how many times people claim food does nothing, I'm almost sure I miss less when I eat something before going on a hunt. I feel crazy every time it happens.
This here is from my old UO: The Second Age manual.

"EATING
You cannot starve, but if you are feeling "hungry" your performance may suffer.
If you double-click on a food item it will disappear - you just ate it. Eating restores a bit of lost Stamina, but more importantly it influences your healing rate for both Stamina and Hit Points. An empty stomach will result in a slow healing rate."

Pretty sure i've seen one of my other old UO manuals mention food affecting your success rates (chance to cast spells, chance to land a melee hit, etc).