• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Feedback for EM Erebus and his first Legends event

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This post is to provide feedback on EM Erebus's first Legends event. Feel free to join in, but remember, this is intended as CONSTRUCTIVE feedback.

For the first time in over a year, I decided to take my tamer Gorgiamus instead of my thrower Defiler. This actually gave me a little time to observe the event as a whole instead of wildly mashing buttons and flying in circles. These were my impressions:

Good stuff!!!

1. Tuesday night - At the Meet and Greet with EM Erebus, he mentioned that this event had already been set up for a Tuesday but solicited from the shard their preferred night. The overwhelming response supported Thursday nights, and Erebus agreed to try and schedule most future events for that time. Comments from several at the Meet and Greet hoped that using the same night as Atlantic would keep some of the cross shard folks busy elsewhere. Two points here, first, crowd wise last night was full of folks I had never seen before and the event was the first one on Legends that had an "Atlantic" feel. IMHO, that was a negative, and supported the use of Thursday nights. Second, I really applaud Erebus for sticking up for the Legends people when some of the event participants complained about using Thursday nights (I believe one actually had "Xshard" in their name). He pointed out that it was a group decision by the shard on more than one occasion. Kudos for that!

2. Comments from the Meet and Greet in action - I noticed several things that we requested were implemented in the event. The final boss was a large template (Primeval Lich graphic maybe?) which was yellow for a long time, allowing us to easily grab the bar for later. The spawn was varied but included nightmares and mass undead mobs, and I remember many of these had been requested. (I know I personally requested several of them). So again, kudos to EM Erebus.

3. Sash Clicky - I really like how the EM waited until after the event, and even then for a little while, to place the Sash clicky. Even better, the Sash says "Legends" on it, which is awesome. And of course the black is nice, which I had hoped for from an EM named for primordial darkness!

Challenges!!!

1. Story - I admit, I am one of the people who like nice RP stories to go along with events. I think this part of the event was a little loose. The King said there was a problem and to go see a guy in Trinsic. This guy seemed overly obtuse, but finally took us to our destination. This is where things got shaky. At the destination there was a yellow Guardian character (Carmelina), a ghostly corpse, and a large yellow bad guy with the same last name as the Trinsic warrior who lead us to the spot. As for the first two, I have absolutely no idea what they represented or why they were there. And for the last one, I must have missed why he had the same name. So this part was confusing for me.

2. Terrain -The final boss was standing inside of a small ruinous area. Once the action started on him, it became very crowded with tons of bodies piling up. After the fighting was over, I tried to get to the corpse, but it was such a small area with so many bodies I could not see the terrain to navigate. I kept getting stuck in these little pockets of space. Maybe for the final fights we can have a little more room to maneuver and spread out?

Anyway, those are my opinions. Thanks again for the event, it was fun.

And I did think about something at the Meet and Greet. We have the tapestry on the wall with the Insta-death clicky, which continues to provide loads of amusement. It is a Legends staple.

Would it be possible to for an event item to be like "A fragment of a Legendary tapesty" or something, have the same color as the one in the EM Hall, and have a lightning graphic or damage or something when clicked? Man that would be sweet! Especially if everyone got one.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
For you, the day EM Eberus graced your Legends shard was the most important day of your life.
But for me it was Tuesday.

Week days, fairly different time zones and high ping means it will be very unlikely that I will be attending those events. :(
But I hope the rest of the fine Legends folk find them most enjoyable!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have no complaints at all about it, seemed like it went off well, with some forethought. (I hate it when they do events in town areas and half our spells cant be cast!)

EM Erebus

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you enjoyed the event. The name of the lich wasn't actually important to the story of this particular event, and is just a seed for future events, but I do see your point how that can cause some confusion. If you feel you have missed the story of an event, take a look at legends.uoem.net where I will edit the event post with a summary (the last event's summary can be found here: Changing of the Guard – 3/29/16 | UOEM Legends). The NPC you mentioned "Carmelina" was an invulnerable healer I had stationed nearby.

Terrain and location, all I can say is I will try my best to be conscious of this and look for ways to spread players out, but if you have any thoughts about the crowd situation after a particular event, email me about it and over time we'll find ways to improve it.

I will keep your reward idea in mind. Thank you!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heph, you pretty much covered it all..... Ynise seemed to enjoy herself altho, as in the past, she will continue to have difficulties hanging onto her Dread Lady title... ha!

and for those who missed the linky, below is summary of the event (nice job!)

Event Summary: The Royal Guard reported to Castle Blackthorn, where the King announced that with the retirement of Commander Burrows, he intended to find a replacement to lead the Royal Guard. He identified a man named Arthur Forthwin, a paladin in Trinsic, that he decided to appoint as Commander. He ordered the guard to travel to Trinsic and report directly to Forthwin, and tell him that he had been appointed as commander. When they arrived, they found him at the training grounds of the Brotherhood of Trinsic. When they informed him that he had been selected, he refused and said he would not lead a sorry group such as them. He then claimed he was about to head off to fight an evil they would stand no chance with, and ordered them not to follow him through his gate. The Royal Guards did anyway, and followed a path of slain undead to find a lich and Forthwin on the ground, knocked out. The guards battled the undead until finally they killed the lich, saving Forthwin in the process. Forthwin stood back up and thanked them for their actions, admitting that he was wrong about them, and that he would be willing to serve as their leader once he recovered from the battle.