• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Favorite 'spots': Yesterday and Today

• Thread starter Ransom_of_BiC
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
R

Ransom_of_BiC

I've been gone so long that I can't remember the official name of some of my favorite UO spots from days gone by, but was thinking about some of them this morning on my way to work. A few of my faves:

There was a circle of stone pillars somewhere way out in the middle of nowhere. They almost reminded me of a cross between Stonehenge and something like Pompeii. I loved to go there to get away from the hustle and bustle that was Brit, long ago.

Unfortunately, a few of my fave spots are gone or destroyed now. Magincia is no longer the lovely town she once was, and several of the waterfalls I used to love to visit in my younger days no longer run crystal waters, but instead are filled with green, dirty waters.

There used to be a spot, long, long ago where one could use a teleport spell and somehow land inside this tiny room over on the far side of brit, under this bridge/walkway thing. People would teleport there all the time to conduct 'clandestine' activities, and never realized that all their words in that 'private' room were visible to the passerby. Hehe. I loved that spot!

H

Helter Skelter

What about the hidden room under yew? Left over from some event years ago that is only accessible by a rune?

R

Ransom_of_BiC

Seems like a lot of places like that end up wiht the runes eventually 'blocked'. I hadn't thought about that hidden room in a long time.

Jordy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was cleaning stuff out of my tamer's bag the other night and found a runebook that I had marked and named "places of MY interest". I was planning to go check them out when I had some free time. Might have to drag you along with when I go, Ransom.

R

Ransom_of_BiC

I was cleaning stuff out of my tamer's bag the other night and found a runebook that I had marked and named "places of MY interest". I was planning to go check them out when I had some free time. Might have to drag you along with when I go, Ransom.

Yeah, sorry I bailed on you last night. Was watchin' the playoffs with my man. Let's do it this weekend!