• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Favorite AoE Builds?

Just looking to hear what AoE pet builds you cats have fun with.

Anything that can rip through large groups @ champ spawns? or all the nonsense Dark Fathers spew out?

North_LS

Journeyman
a run a goo/mystic/inferno cu for spawns. its decent enough, but i wish i'd included AI instead of inferno to speed up the champs themselves. I can't see it possibly being able to keep up with the mess of spawn that a dark father pukes up though.

I supplement it at spawns by withering my face off in wraith form with 105% SDI.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good Morning Dapper, when Im not using one of my banes for aoe I enjoy either the classic exp goo, ai, rc fire beetle or my exp goo, ai , chiv cu... but there there are so many fun combos of aoe pets.. like ninja dinos, naj.. and so much more... Im sure people will list some of their favorites.. and all of them rock the spawns... as for the gauntlet in doom though.. unless its a small group and you are spawning one DF at a time I would avoid using a aoe pet/one that has dots... as the delay that goo has to land often happens after the DF has teleported back to the middle of the room.. so it lands just as he teleports often pulling you to the middle and to your instant death... same goes for a cus bleed.. if its active and the df ports away the ticing damage can pull you right to the middle and boom instant death.. Ive found pure single target pets like lesser/greater hiryu, gaint beetles, etc work best when it comes to the gauntlet ..you just have to mirco manage the spawn with all kill.. taking out nero caster first,blood eles, Rot C, then lesser spawn ..then back on the DF ..this is all assuming there is more then one DF that is.. if there is just one your group can take the middle and just burst him down(making sure to switch to adds as soon as they pop then back to him) .. Breath pets do decently too..but every once in a while a ill timed breath wil get ya pulled to the middle.. so I normally don't chance using one down there... hope this helps mate... cant wait to see the pet you make.. until then have a grand day =^-^=

Good Morning Dapper, when Im not using one of my banes for aoe I enjoy either the classic exp goo, ai, rc fire beetle or my exp goo, ai , chiv cu... but there there are so many fun combos of aoe pets.. like ninja dinos, naj.. and so much more... Im sure people will list some of their favorites.. and all of them rock the spawns... as for the gauntlet in doom though.. unless its a small group and you are spawning one DF at a time I would avoid using a aoe pet/one that has dots... as the delay that goo has to land often happens after the DF has teleported back to the middle of the room.. so it lands just as he teleports often pulling you to the middle and to your instant death... same goes for a cus bleed.. if its active and the df ports away the ticing damage can pull you right to the middle and boom instant death.. Ive found pure single target pets like lesser/greater hiryu, gaint beetles, etc work best when it comes to the gauntlet ..you just have to mirco manage the spawn with all kill.. taking out nero caster first,blood eles, Rot C, then lesser spawn ..then back on the DF ..this is all assuming there is more then one DF that is.. if there is just one your group can take the middle and just burst him down(making sure to switch to adds as soon as they pop then back to him) .. Breath pets do decently too..but every once in a while a ill timed breath wil get ya pulled to the middle.. so I normally don't chance using one down there... hope this helps mate... cant wait to see the pet you make.. until then have a grand day =^-^=

This is one of the most polite and positive posts I've ever read. Thanks for the input.

I don't actually have a beetle so that will be something different. I'll go work on that right now.
Do they do well with just 110 or 115 scrolls?
Lastly, my order of operations for abilities is Goo, AI, and RC?

Still love to hear what everyone else likes to run with tho.

Last edited:

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good Morning Dapper, when Im not using one of my banes for aoe I enjoy either the classic exp goo, ai, rc fire beetle or my exp goo, ai , chiv cu...
Heya, Don. Awesome advice, as always.
Does you Chiv Cu get in trouble with EOO in the middle of the spawn?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good evening Dapper, Im glad the info could aid you.. They still do well with 110 and very well with 115.. they just do less damage and take more damage then a pet with 120s.if ya don't have 120s thats fine...I would just sand bag some extra points as there is no time limit to spend them..so you can add the 110-115s ya have and as the rewards of the spawn come to you, the option to increase the caps down the line will be there. .. Yes you are correct in the order for Fire Beetle being Goo,Ai,then RC.. and if you choose it Poison.. some like it..some don't.. I would makea few copies to test and see which of the 2 fits your playstyle .. hope this helps should ya require anything else feel free to message me or post. =^-^=

Last edited:

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hey Rail always good to hear from ya, mate. Honestly so long as ya give them +9 stam regen(found that 8 was not enough to keep max swing speed and over 9 was to much)along with the passive +12-14 stam regen they get from focus makes it so you hardly even feel the recoil at spawns.. luckly most of the spawn waves comes with just 2-3 types of mobs.. so the EOO is only taking recoil from half of them...with mastery rolling ya will not even notice a spike most of the time..Just watch out using them at daemon champ.. as the game has all pets coded as male.. and when they start hammering her for those over 250 hits back to back they can nearly 3-4 shot themselves.. lol. for daemon champ I like the fire beetle over the chiv pets.. more high sustained damage and less ultra hi reflected burst.. Hope this helps and you have a wonder night my friend.. =^-^=

How would you cats rank the difficulty of the champ spawns for a solo tamer? Vermin is a bit crowded for my tastes.
I've gotta try this new beetle out.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good Morning Dapper, when soloing a spawn a lot of it has to do with your temp, and the land scape of the area... I'm a weaver/magery tamer so I often will use thunderstorm to speed the first 2 lvl up... Most of them are not to hard to solo.. I like dragon spawn if rat is not open... one of the key things to remember is that they changed the coding of monsters..so they have to be able see you and your pet to aggro you.. so having a good fall back point to run to when a new wave is about to pop helps you not get overwhelmed.... so long as you do this and work your way back to alter most spawns are not to bad to solo.. undead can be abit of a pain with the neco caster that will switch to you instantly if they clip you with their aoe...but even with this ,if ya range heal the pet its not to bad... after ya get a handle on the spawn ..its just learning the nature and patterns of the champs.. like how old rik can switch to you base off movement so you teleport instead of walk.. or his earthquake.. so ya keep the 12ish ingame steps away from him and range heal when needed... once ya get a feel for these lil quarks with each spawn you will find the method in the madness ..lol.. oh yes one other thing..make sure to skill your pets combats skills and parry past GM before you try to solo one.. as this will help it take much less damage and allow it to hit the end champs a lot ezier... Hope this helps mate.. should have any more questions feel free to post of message me.. =^-^=

Last edited:

RunningMan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Good Morning Dapper, when soloing a spawn a lot of it has to do with your temp, and the land scape of the area... I'm a weaver/magery tamer so I often will use thunderstorm to speed the first 2 lvl up... Most of them are not to hard to solo.. I like dragon spawn if rat is not open... one of the key things to remember is that they changed the coding of monsters..so they have to be able see you and your pet to aggro you.. so having a good fall back point to run to when a new wave is about to pop helps you not get overwhelmed.... so long as you do this and work your way back to alter most spawns are not to bad to solo.. undead can be abit of a pain with the neco caster that will switch to you instantly if they clip you with their aoe...but even with this ,if ya range heal the pet its not to bad... after ya get a handle on the spawn ..its just learning the nature and patterns of the champs.. like how old rik can switch to you base off movement so you teleport instead of walk.. or his earthquake.. so ya keep the 12ish ingame steps away from him and range heal when needed... once ya get a feel for these lil quarks with each spawn you will find the method in the madness ..lol.. oh yes one other thing..make sure to skill your pets combats skills and parry past GM before you try to solo one.. as this will help it take much less damage and allow it to hit the end champs a lot ezier... Hope this helps mate.. should have any more questions feel free to post of message me.. =^-^=
Great advice. Thank you.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Najasaurus with Poison Breath+Frenzied WW. Best AoE pet i've tested. Just used it yesterday to do the Dragon Turtle Champ. I soloed it up to Lvl 3 with that Najasaurus, then 2 more people started doing the spawn, and once it reached Lvl 4 i swapped my Najasaurus out for a Frost Mite with RC+ AI. 2/3 of the Najasaurus' abilities are AoE, so he frequently casts them. He practically spams Frenzied WW at times. Here's what he's at so far, still has Training points left to 120 all his other skills once i get the PS.

Naja 3.PNG Naja 4.PNG Naja 5.PNG Naja 6.PNG Naja 7.PNG Naja 8.PNG Naja 9.PNG Naja 10.PNG Naja 11.PNG

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes you are correct in the order for Fire Beetle being Goo,Ai,then RC.. and if you choose it Poison.. some like it..some don't..
The more abilities a pet knows, the less likely it is to use an individual ability. If it has 3 or 4 abilities, and only one of them is AoE, it's not likely to AoE often. Poisoning is bugged for any creature that doesn't already spawn with it. If you teach Poisoning to a pet, it'll only inflict Lesser Poison (Lvl 1), even if it has GM Poisoning skill. I reported this to Kyronix when the Pet Revamp was first on TC over a year ago, and it still hasn't been fixed yet.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did poison breath get a boost? I recall it being kinda meh.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good evening, I agree that is not best to bog a pet down with to many moves...but in the case of the fire beetles...its more a balance.. its not pure aoe but a mix of great aoe and wonderious sustained single target damage.. Goo can be iffy on a lot of pets..but they coded it fairy decent on the fire beetles to proc more often if there are 2 or more mobs around it.. sadly it tends to use it a decent amount on single target too..but still has a good up time on RC and AI combos...The poisoning skill on a non poison coded pet is weak compared to those that are coded for it..but on beetles it has it place.. on most bosses like scalis it keeps Them from regening HP. It also switches them from full offensive UI to defensive UI causing them to do far less over all damage to your pet and the group as a whole.... We all hope that one day they will make it use the proper value it should on non poison pets..but until then it still has value(I have one with it and one without for bosses poison doesn't work on). Poison breath is still a good move even after all the pvp nerfs.. I remember my disappointment when they first nerfed it down to only effect mosts that had agro base...and put a very rng timer on it.. Ive been using V. bite over it on most of my pets..but stil enjoy bringing out the old PB naj from time to time.. I like your double aoe Naj... Frez whirl is such an amazing move.. strong single target and aoe... look slike a fun pet .. I look forward to hearing more of your adventures with it.. =^-^=

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did poison breath get a boost? I recall it being kinda meh.
The poison it inflicts is based on Poisoning skill. At GM Poisoning skill, Poison Breath inflicts Lethal Poison (Lvl 5) to most everything on screen at a champ spawn.
Venomous Bite isn't based on Poisoning skill, and inflicts Deadly Poison (Lvl 4) on everything within like a 2 tile radius if i remember correctly.

Lots of great stuff here everyone. I enjoy hearing about all of your pet builds. Gives me something to do while at work.

Currently gathering 115 scrolls for this RC, AI, Goo Fire Beetle Donavon suggested. Once I've finished that I'll certainly pick up a Naja(even tho they don't look rideable). I've never messed around with a poison pet so that will be a fresh build as well. Should be fun.

Any of you play on Great Lakes?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Once I've finished that I'll certainly pick up a Naja(even tho they don't look rideable). I've never messed around with a poison pet so that will be a fresh build as well. Should be fun.
Najasaurus can spawn as 2 Slots or 3 Slots. Try to get a 2 Slot Najasaurus with 190+ DEX (movement speed caps at 190 DEX) and high Resist (they can spawn with up to 190 Resist, so max is 171.0 after tame).