• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fast, quick damage using minimal skill points?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so some of you may know me, others...not so much.

I play a thief on Siege. I have recently returned and am looking at tinkering around with different thief templates. I guess it would be similar to the old thug thief templates back in the 7x GM days.

I need/want to keep a my standard thief skills on this character:

• 120 Stealing
  • 100 Hide
  • 100 Snoop
  • 80 Stealth

That leaves me with 320 points.

Here's my question...with only 320 skill points to use, what combination of dexxer skills makes the most sense to build a quick strike, hard hitting thief that can kill another player? While I probably won't be able to stand toe to toe with our regular PvPers, I want to be able to take out the lesser fortunate.

Thoughts?...la

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Honestly as thief using any weapon without shadow strike is kinda pointless. Being able to go straight into stealth mode off a weapon hit is super useful. So I would recommend a good dagger and add ninjitsu and fencing.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do like ninja skills for stealthing around and getting away. Is tactics going to be the only other option, or should I look at poison? Come out of the shadows and strike and then hit them with a dart after they run away?

With 320 in those three skills I would imagine it should be 120 fencing, 100 ninja and 100 poison? Or drop poison to 80 and raise ninja to 120?...la

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
you wouldn't need tactics for shadow strike. What I would do is try and get enough magery in there to gate travel along with Ninjitsu and Fencing. The fencing would let you kill bots easy enough, but other than that it's mainly defensive.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
if you do go with poison, you don't need over 80.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With regards to the poison being at 80 is it the same for a mage? Is 80 all one would need or do you get a better chance with 100?

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mages poison depends on distance and skill. You can cast deadly at 1 tile distance with 80 and 120 magery, but with 100 poisoning and 120 you have a chance to cast lethal, and the range of your deadly increases to 3 tiles

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also if you lose the 5 points you won't be able to shadow strike. (80 Stealth to shadow strike)