• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Farm Town

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone else playing Farm Town on Facebook/MySpace? My sister in-law got me into it the other week. At first it was like, ok, this looks silly. Then a couple days ago I decided to give it a better try. Now I'm addicted to it!
I started by planting corn, which takes 3 days to harvest. Which by tomorrow morning they will be ready, for about 300 coins a crop.

Today I discovered grapes, which have a 4 hour harvest time. Which means once you plant them, they are ready to harvest in 4 hours. After that point you only have 4 hours until they go bad. I had this bright idea at 9pm tonight to plan like 40 crops of grapes. Which I can harvest for about 67 coins each. Not wanting to get up at 5am to harvest them, here I sit waiting until 1am to harvest virtual grapes..:bored:

The key is hiring other people to harvest your crops, as you get more coins for them and they make money. It's like hiring an illegal immigrant to do your dirty work. I managed to get hired early today by this experienced player, in which I earned over 4,000 coins. Score! All you have to do is act professional in the market place and you have a better shot of getting hired. I'm not kidding, but you have a lot of people saying "PLZ Hire Me". Yes they even use PLZ! Those people have a hard time at it, which causes them to go "PLZ" a lot!

If anyone does play it, we should be neighbors! :danceb:

S

Sally Bumblefoot

I felt the same way although I still kind of think it is pretty dumb. I have all these friends on facebook that keep sending me cows and trees and such on farmtown and farmville. I ended up doing both. Then I got requests for Mafia Wars, Heros, Pirates, Robin Hood, My Zoo, Vampires, Yoville and who knows what all else. I love the Mafia Wars, Heros, and Pirates though because you can play often but it takes like 5 mins rather than an hour for a CEO run. I don't have an hour or even a half hour for a mint but I can do 5 mins for Mafia Wars!! Do you play those? We totally should be neighbors in farmtown though. I will be sure to send you a few pigs!!! I will admit that my friends do more work on my farm than I do and they love it cuz they get a bonus for doing it too. I will send you a PM!:thumbup1:

S

Steveo

Okay I love mafia wars on facebook. Farmtown I play evey now and then but always forget to pick my crops so when I come back they are dead. When its slow at work I am playing mafia wars and racking up on godfather points.

R

ROSIE T

So curiosity got the best of me and I signed up for a facebook account just to see what you guys are talking about! LOL, I don't see where to even find these games!

S

soupandquackers

I hate farmtown and yoville. My mom is addicted to it so I can never get on the computer.

S

Sally Bumblefoot

I hate farmtown and yoville. My mom is addicted to it so I can never get on the computer.
LOL too funny. You need more computers in your house!! I have to say that my plants are usually dead too but my dgt and a couple friends keep checking and helping me.

Steve.......JOIN MY MAFIA!!! I am only level 88 or something but I love fighting and have higher levels there. I tell my family when stressed that I have to get on Mafia wars and whack someone!! JK......I never attack more than once or twice and when ever I get a lot of Cuban Pesos for fighting I feel such remorse and I want to give it all back! It is a great way to get blackmail photos, cell phones, and ITR too! I have 6 M16s from fighting too!

Rosie....we need to hook up on facebook and then I can send you the invites but I think all you have to do is do a search for them at the top of your facebook page.

And no bacon for you Elga, pigs are still locked. :( Maybe I need to work a little more!! You will be my first piggy gift!

S

soupandquackers

We have two computers but one has firewalls that prevents me from playing TT on. Every time I take them off something goes wrong and we have to buy a new one so I just leave that one alone.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sally, I unlocked the pig! Bacon coming sometime soon, I wish you could harvest the pig..haha

I kicked butt today. I'm now level 12 with 3265 experience points. 72,214 coins, with about 7,000 worth of grapes ready to harvest. I got so lucky and this woman let me harvest and plow her pumpkin field. Each one was 99 coins. I think I made like 20,000 coins during that! Again, you have to be different and polite. Don't just be like PLZ HIRE ME NOW. Just like right now I went and low and behold I found this guy:

Again proving my point that "PLZ" will not get you anywhere in this world..:talktothehand:

S

Sally Bumblefoot

LOL Elga. I wish I had pigs too, knowing how much you like bacon and all. Just you wait til I get there. You may be sorry! I think I have 2 more things to unlock before the pig but now I have incentive. I don't make a very good farmer.

I will hire you anytime you want....I really don't like Farm Town all that much. I have a field full of corn rotting right now I'm sure. Is there anyway you can hire someone ahead of time or do you have to be right there? I think I am easy money because almost everytime I go to my farm, which isn't that often I admit, one of my friends is there watering or raking because they get notices that I am away from my farm or I have a notice that someone worked on it. I don't have a green thumb in RL or on Farm Town it would seem!

Oh and I saw your farm! I was like "oh my word"!! I have like 20 spots....yours is almost completely covered. I was very impressed. There is NO way I would have the patience to plant and harvest that much!!:p

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL Elga. I wish I had pigs too, knowing how much you like bacon and all. Just you wait til I get there. You may be sorry! I think I have 2 more things to unlock before the pig but now I have incentive. I don't make a very good farmer.

I will hire you anytime you want....I really don't like Farm Town all that much. I have a field full of corn rotting right now I'm sure. Is there anyway you can hire someone ahead of time or do you have to be right there? I think I am easy money because almost everytime I go to my farm, which isn't that often I admit, one of my friends is there watering or raking because they get notices that I am away from my farm or I have a notice that someone worked on it. I don't have a green thumb in RL or on Farm Town it would seem!

Oh and I saw your farm! I was like "oh my word"!! I have like 20 spots....yours is almost completely covered. I was very impressed. There is NO way I would have the patience to plant and harvest that much!!:p
Yeah unfortunately you can't schedule ahead of time, which makes it tough to plan around your schedule. Like your corn is a 3 day crop, which means you have 3 days to harvest it before it rots. I've been doing the grapes, which are your best money maker, but they have a 4 hour harvest time. Basically you have 8 hours to get them done. It can take over yo life..lol

You can hire people in the marketplace to harvest everything which makes you more money and it's less work. You'll want to plow it yourself to get the XP points, but you can also hire people for that too. The only thing you'd have to do is add seeds.

My brother has a 24x24, the max size, filled to the brim with cotton fields. It's the smartest layout to get maximum coins. Here is my new layout, which maximizes the space better:

Within the fence are 1 Day potato's and the rest is space for grapes. Once you reach Level 15 you get to upgrade your lot. I'll be a grape mogul then!

S

Sally Bumblefoot

See I do the longest possible time frame crops so I don't hear about dead crops quite as often (kind of like my dead TT trees and flowers)! How in the world will you harvest, plow, and plant all that every 4 hours???? Best be looking into that 12 step program for facebook apps!

It is so amazing how they reel people in isn't it? I think it was extremely clever of them to make it so that you can only play a short time but people literally watch the clock for when they can come back. Think how many times they see those adds? And then Zynga with all their ploys to get the players to market their games for them. Consider the back end ways they make their money by letting you buy your way up in the game, and nefarious may be the word that comes to mind!!rolleyes:

EDIT: Ok, I felt guilty about my decaying corn. I got on facebook and after talking to a friend who was keeping my dead lilies and roses alive, I harvested the corn. I have to admit I was hoping my cows and pigs had eaten it. They are running rampant all over because I never have enough money to buy more fences. I spend all my money to plow and plant but you don't get much money for selling dead corn. Then I planted GRAPES!!! I WILL get you those pigs!

EDIT: Woot, I harvested my grapes this morning and got a notice that I could now send pigs! You have one waiting for you Elga. Don't eat it before I send you another one. It is rather disturbing that that is an option when you click on it! I guess it is a farm...........

C

Crazy Fireball

Ken got me addicted to Farmtown on FB! LOL, we harvest crops and plow for echothers farms, its kinda fun. just dont let him get you addicted.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah and since we don't need two threads on teh subject.. merged.

As for me.. there will be none of that for me. I know someone who works at Zynga and .. well they're not one of my favorite people, we'll leave it at that. So I boycott.

S

Sally Bumblefoot

Poor Elga!! I have sent him all these pigs and he can't eat them! Someone tell me WHY you can eat a sheep, cow, and a cute little baby chick but you can't eat a pig!! No bacon for you, at least for your animated character on Farm Town! :sad3:

C

Crazy Fireball

Poor Elga!! I have sent him all these pigs and he can't eat them! Someone tell me WHY you can eat a sheep, cow, and a cute little baby chick but you can't eat a pig!! No bacon for you, at least for your animated character on Farm Town! :sad3:
LOL - I just got level 20 today ;)

H

Holocog

When I went on vacation over in PA, EVERYONE played farmtown, like, all of my friends did... and even their moms and dads played too.. so I got addicted to it! Im a lvl 24 now almost 25, with a field of 22X 22 i think.. I plant cotton, corn and rasberries as my main three crops

T

TubbyHile

Yeah and since we don't need two threads on teh subject.. merged.

As for me.. there will be none of that for me. I know someone who works at Zynga and .. well they're not one of my favorite people, we'll leave it at that. So I boycott.
FarmVILLE is Zynga. FarmTOWN is not. So really you should be giving your full support to FarmTown. :)

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uh huh... *looks at title of thread again*.... Edit.. now you went and coonfuzzled me!

Either way, I don't have time with my Farkle addiction to do any farming ;)