• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Factions. Why is this the only shard other than Siege that has an interest in Factions?

G

*tips hat* Hello Great Lakes. What is going on here in the faction scene? Are all four factions represented? Do sigils change hands often? Is it just for the OJ? Take your time, I am here all week. *chuckles*

I

Itari BC

Factions are dead...Obviously the Devs could care less about them as well seeing as the only way to get to COM's base is by boat. Why ruin a city with faction ties?

The only faction action you will see are people fighting with eachother at Yew Gate...it's more of just having another target to kill without being on a Red for most. The only reason people steal and guard the sigils is for the horses and/or to have guards within the Cities to run to when they are in trouble! That is Great Lakes factions!

I

imported_The_Dude_

Sigils change hands often but i think thats due to lack of interest in them. Im in COM and i agree with itari theres no pnt in stealing sigs if u have to take a boat if everyone else had to id be fine but they dont. UO doesnt care about factions.

For the most part its just another orange for people to kill. I think it will always be that way. Sure some will steal sigil and such but there will never be huge fights like back in the day.

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Im in COM and i agree with itari theres no pnt in stealing sigs if u have to take a boat if everyone else had to id be fine but they dont. UO doesnt care about factions.

[/ QUOTE ]

True but it was your guilds intentions to have a destroyed Magencia irreduardless if a rebuilt magencia has a new gate or not.

I

imported_The_Dude_

No it was our guilds intentions to make money off that crap while you could. Guess what we did. The town was destroyed no matter what anyone wanted to do. MY guild didnt touch the trammel side how did it do?

T

Tylindrel

Each faction is pretty well represented, but it is hard to get people to guard sigs for ten hours when there is no reward for it.

That being said, TB is the only faction that really guards sigs. Otherwise the other guilds will get lucky with sig placement when there are no other thieves around.

Factions on GL is mainly balanced-bow archer ganks with a few mages that are VERY fast. Hopefully things will change, but I would rather see more balances in pvp before the issues with factions are addressed.

G

Fair enough. I would like to see some PvP fixes as well. We can hope.

I take it that tamers are not too involved in factions or you would have mentioned them.

I

imported_The_Dude_

There are a couple tamers but they arent very good. When Im forced to fight one i just call in a blue guildmate of mine and peace his pets over and over. Its quite hilarious actually. Probably one of the easier kills in factions, when he just cant use his completely over powered beetle.

As for balanced bows i think thats just ktof. Dont get me wrong if i had one id use it but i dont.

How are the siege fights I've always wanted to make chars over there but just never got started.

G

The fights over the sigals can last hours. The sigals jump frpm base to base at times. In a word, incredible.

G

Faction fighting was probably the most amazing thing about Siege. I had a lot of issues with Siege due to CBDs and IBDs, but one thing that I will not deny is that Siege had the best faction fighting I was ever involved in.

GL factions don't really compare, but since both shards are completely different in terms or insurance etc it's hard to compare them. I'd say the biggest thing is the only faction that ever really seems to care about sigs is TB.

GL in general is pretty archer heavy, thus not as fun for players who enjoy a challenge. I'd guess that GL factions are currently archery based as well.

As far as tamers, the taming problem on GL is not near as bad as it is on Siege. There are only a few tamers that I can recall, and they are all fairly bad players. Nothing like Corwin of Amber on Siege.