• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Factions Server?

S

Solikos

I've recently come back to UO after a long (8 year) break. When I last played, Factions was just being released on the Test Server, and I absolutely loved the concept. Needless to say a lot has changed, but I've pretty much learned the ins and outs of the game again in the past couple of weeks. I'm on a new account and getting started on Atlantic.

I'm very interested in getting involved with factions; much of the game has changed and playing to PvM and farm artifacts is of little interest to me. I plan on creating a character on Siege, but considering the skill gain system there, getting a competitive character will take some time. In the mean time factions seems like a good way to dig into PvP.

With that said, what is a good server with a lot of Factions action going on? I've heard that only 2 factions are active on Atlantic, and maybe that is enough? However, I'd probably be interested in joining Minax or Shadow Lords (the colors got me)... Minax seems overpowered on Atlantic from what little I've read, and SL seems nonexistent. Is Atlantic pretty much hopeless for me? Can I expect a surge of new players heading to factions with the upcoming release of pub 54(?)?

Edit: Ping is a concern... I live in South America, and ping best on U.S. East coast servers (Legends, Atlantic, etc). My ping on Atlantic is typically about 150.

Thanks,

~ Solikos

S

S.W.A.T

Factions, were actually really only active on Great Lakes until the new publishes were put out which improved factions a lot, and theres still more changes on the way! Hopefullly more then what they've said in Publsih 54 and what was published in publish 53! Honestly, In my opinion your best bet would be to stay on Atlantic or play On Great Lakes, but with the increasing intrest in factions, I'd say most shards are rising in there faction play. Atlantic I thought MTC was CoM they have a good number of people in there guild. I'm sure Minax is overpowered on Atlantic as HOT has there guild in it and HOTs a fairly large guild. Greatlakes, the biggest factions are Shadow Lords and True Britannians, So? is Minax but I've only seen decreasing numbers with them, and two guilds just recently join the Council of Mages. So I think it'd be safe to say all four factions are active :thumbup1:

S

S.W.A.T

Err, HOT has a faction guild in Minax and are allied with them

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great Lakes is probably your best bet.

TB - 2 active guilds. RiD and TB (yes that is their guild abbrv)

CoM - Some members of the TB guild split off and made a guild in CoM. I don't know their tag.

SL - E-go is pretty active in factions.

Minax - SO? is a pretty active guild.

There are a few other smaller guilds that I see playing sometimes.

S

Solikos

Thanks for the insight... I guess I'll whip up a character on Great Lakes for the time being to test out the water on both sides (Great Lakes / Atlantic).

Also, are any of these guilds actively recruiting fresh meat, or are they generally looking for advanced characters? I'd be willing to join just about anyone on Great Lakes if they can teach me the ropes.

In the meantime I'll be working rot on Siege. :stretcher:

~ Solikos

S

Solikos

Err, HOT has a faction guild in Minax and are allied with them
HEAT from what I've read... That's actually a bit of a turnoff for me on Atlantic. I don't want to join the super power, but there hardly even seems to be an underdog (can't stand yellow and purple, plus I hate Brit... or I'd consider them).

:grouphug:

S

S.W.A.T

Well I lead one of the Shadow Lord Guilds, and am allied with the other 5 shadow lord guilds, I might have some things i can give you, but im sure no matter what faction you join im sure you'll find a guild to join, The guys in True Brits are really nice and will help you out as well. I'm not very active on Great Lakes though as i play 5 different shards hehe, I'm usually on when factions are stealable and raids happen. But, the other guilds im allied with are fairly active

S

S.W.A.T

Give me an IM when you make a char and I'll go through what I got for some stuff, Also, I'd recommend making a char who can hit long range, Mage or archer, but dexxer's are easist to learn and a great start when learning to pvp

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the insight... I guess I'll whip up a character on Great Lakes for the time being to test out the water on both sides (Great Lakes / Atlantic).

Also, are any of these guilds actively recruiting fresh meat, or are they generally looking for advanced characters? I'd be willing to join just about anyone on Great Lakes if they can teach me the ropes.

In the meantime I'll be working rot on Siege. :stretcher:

~ Solikos
Solikos, if you decide to try GL, send me a PM and I'll try to help you with stuff for a suit. Always looking to get rid of some of my armor and jewelry stash before it takes over my houses. Can also help you with getting pets if you decide to stick your neck out and go with a tamer. :lol: (I'll help you with pets even if the tamer isn't for factions.)

Sorry I can't make a recommendation on which faction to join on GL. All the folks I know who play in factions on GL are pretty passionate about it, so you're likely to have a good time and stay pretty busy with doing stuff no matter where you end up.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ego is probably the largest Faction guild on Great Lakes, they are allied with a few smaller guilds including SWAT. TB has several guilds within it's alliance. COM is just getting active again. SO? has all but quit factions they are minax. If i can be of help to you, PM me and I like Tina will do what I can to help you out..