• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Factions News] As posted by Draconi on UHall.

G

As JC posted in another thread, these initial changes are structural, and aimed at enabling better participation in factions.

The following changes are slated for Pub 52:

Turn off load balancing; factions can grow to any size
Allow multiple characters on the same faction, from the same account
Reduce quit time from 7 to 3 days
Fix stairs for ghosts (should resolve issues with the SL base)

Further publishes will then focus on gameplay bugs, and then enhancements

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tim "Draconi" Cotten - UO Lead Designer - EA Mythic

Link

G

It is funny because I started a character quitting factions earlier this week and was like "whoa, when did it change to 3 days?" But apparently it is just that the client patch contained the change, you still have to wait 7 days to quit.

I

imported_Tina Small

Even though Draconi didn't seem to think these are major changes, I think they will make factions a lot more interesting here in the next few months. I'm glad we will get a chance to live with just these couple of changes for a bit before more are introduced.

I

imported_Cardell

I disagree. Big or small,,,doesn't matter because they are useless changes. Once the event is over,, none of these changes will be worth a damn. They need to add to the factions and make them more appealing and give it value, not fix [censored] that should have been fixed 6 years ago. Good job collecting the pay check devs.

BTW.. the multiple people per account is going to do more harm than good.

G

This is a start and if we can see a uprising in faction i bet my left foot that more will come.

Yesterday i started a char on SP and all he will do is to be a pain in faction.
No killing only stealing. Only time i managed to kill in faction is when i put up the sgils when folks guard the pole whit npc guards around them. to bad i aint geting kills for it.

I

imported_Tina Small

Cardell, I said I think these changes will make the next couple of months "interesting." I'm not convinced these are great changes either. I'm also worried about how quickly we're going to get other changes on top of these.

Instead of eliminating the balancing rule, I would have preferred that they just wipe the stones of inactive characters. The multiple characters per account in the same faction rule....I don't know. It has a certain appeal in some ways (e.g., don't have to keep tinkering on my thief), but it definitely worries me. I also can't quite comprehend why EA would want it either, because it could lead to a loss of revenue. The current rule forces people to have multiple accounts if they want multiple characters in factions on the same shard.

I don't know what to think yet of the shortened quit time. Maybe just be glad they didn't go to only 2 days?

It will be a relief to not get stuck in SL base as a ghost anymore. I'm anxious to see how they solved that issue. Hopefully they just fixed the stairs and didn't introduce something else that's going to cause other problems.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

I disagree. Big or small,,,doesn't matter because they are useless changes. Once the event is over,, none of these changes will be worth a damn. They need to add to the factions and make them more appealing and give it value, not fix [censored] that should have been fixed 6 years ago. Good job collecting the pay check devs.

BTW.. the multiple people per account is going to do more harm than good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, these changes will cause all the ZERG guilds to jump into factions. It will be interesting to see exactly what level of griefing they employ in the faction event.

If they didn't cause stat loss to apply to a full account, they made a huge mistake. Factions may as well be regular shard PvP...which pretty much sucks.

G

The level of griefing is already at surreal levels on Atlantic. The main guild in the Council of Mages has begun a ridiculous trend of involving non-faction characters in attacking/defending bases. They were only able to capture the sigils using this method.

R

Rex Mundi

<blockquote><hr>

The level of griefing is already at surreal levels on Atlantic. The main guild in the Council of Mages has begun a ridiculous trend of involving non-faction characters in attacking/defending bases. They were only able to capture the sigils using this method.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played factions since before AoS (still do some). After AoS most people used reds to interfere. It's just a tactic you have to plan for and counter.

The only good change in this update is the SL stairs bug. The rest just make it easy too ZERG one faction. It also makes it quicker for people to quit and join the winner. Way too go devs!