Faction Thieves (production shards)

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
G

Ok everyone, you know I play Siege, but I have recently been playing on Lake Superior. I have found it's nice to play a shard where there are actual other players on, so I figured while here i might as well try to have some fun.

I am currently working on my regular thief, but was thinking about some other templates. I am the typical player with template ADD, so I wanted to figure out what to do with some of these empty slots. One idea was for a Faction thief. Now from what I have seen on some of my searching around, is that I need 80 stealing to take a sigil. Ok 80 points down. I know Hiding and stealth will be very handy too so we have a basic template of:

80 (minimum) Stealing
80 (minimum) Stealth
100 Hiding

Now, because I'm doing this on a production shard I want to be able to cause a little havoc, so I'm thinking placing traps will be a good way to kill. I'll go dig around for that information and come back.

Next idea is to limit the wasting of skill points so to travel around I can either go magery or chiv, not sure yet. I know I should probably pick up necro so I can get around in wraith form but still I'm not sure.

Ok folk, put your thinking caps on. Project: Faction Thief has just begun...la

G

Ok, looks like I might as well go with these too:

GM Lockpick, detect and remove trap.

Not sure if I want to throw tinker on this one so I can make my own traps too. Anyone know if a tinker needs to be faction to make a trap? I know I have a tinker on this shard already so I could throw those points into tracking to help out...la

G

my old faction thief on baja was basically a mage with arms lore and stealing which was a way fun build back then but now with insurance i doubt it would be fun at all anymore. i did always like disarming though and don't you only need wrestling for that now, guess it depends what you would want to do

has was 100 mage med eval wrestling lore and stealing then somwhere in the 80s for resist was as high as he ever got. too bad the old school factions days are long gone cause that used to be fun

G

From what I've read, wrestle and tactics are needed for disarm, or another weapon skill with tactics. If people didn't use the Siege bless on their weapon as much it might be worth it on Siege, and on the production shards, that would just be a waste of skill points. I'm guessing the best ploy is to place traps to actually earn silver from removing them. I have a mage I'm amking that will be for killing people.
...la

G

yeah, he was pretty much solely for killing people too but it was nice when you ran across some dexxer and you stole all his weapons then kill him while he runs around helpless. no way it would even be worth it on siege anymore cause the bless deeds were almost always on a weapon anyway

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 5, 2006
Bangor, Me
Tactics are not needed for any specs for wrestling. ON siege maybe it is needed. But regular shards its not needed.

Pathagiris

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 25, 2004
you can run some really nasty temps if you can get some items on a production shard.

4/6 chiv is really funny and so is spell weave.

i used to run the shadow dances blessed on path on siege then run

ninja
stealth
hiding
steal
snoop
mage i think
and spell weave

i ran -20 spell channeling no pen bows so i could death strike, had all the animal forms, and if i got into a fight i had the pixies and a level 6 focus allows you to cover the screen with a wildfire for reveal. not to mention that essence of wind spell slows down everyones casting time.

the major down side was having to re equip all 2 mr gear when i died but if you play smart you can live for a long time on that guy.

with prodo items and insurance you can do some crazy things.

not sure if they toned down death strike yet or not because i haven't been on in a long time.