Faction Questions (ballbags / chests / crates)

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 28, 2008
Hi all,

Actually this have been posted on Uhall. However, a person mentioned here will be more proper to do this.

My friend got warned because of putting ballbags inside the stronghold last night. However, he also have left a path open for all area.

The gm told my friend that he could not place anything at all inside the stronghold.

I would like to know if this is illegal to put any chests or ballbags in the stronghold?

Thanks.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 8, 2004
Sounds to me, like the GM's as usual aren't on the same page. On Great Lakes, you are have to leave an open pathway into the base, but once inside you can cover the place with bagballs or any other items.

W

wee papa smurf

When you are in your own stronghold (beyond the part where someone in factions cant cast spells) you can place anything you want on every single tile if you wish, dont let anyone tell you otherwise! It even stated that "Anything goes" inside a faction stronghold!!

:thumbsup:

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 28, 2008
Then howcome in Formosa, my friend get caught for placing ballbags /crates / chests in stronghold last night?

The GM warned that if anything is placed in the stronghold again, he will ban my friend account immediately.

Is he threatening me?

This is happening on Formosa shard.

Please help friend as this is very unfair to us.

W

wee papa smurf

Tell the GM to go read up on factions! And if your freinds account gets banned then tell him to email whoever it is you email lol!

Not long ago there was an argument about all this blocking stuff and i definitly remember reading "Anything goes" in a faction stronghold! I just need to find where i read it, i'll keep looking :)

W

wee papa smurf

"What are the rules regarding blocking off areas in faction warfare?"

There are a couple of different possible cases - here is the breakdown:

Faction Vendors: There MUST be a path between or around them. If there is not, the GMs will take action.

In A Faction City (but not in the stronghold): If there are items placed in such a way that other players can't move them easily (many many candelabras on one tile, for example) the GMs will take action.

*****In A Faction Stronghold: Anything goes.*****

If the GMs are forced to take action in any case, they will delete the items/vendors that are blocking a player's path. The faction signup stone is a good indication of where a faction stronghold begins. Keeping that in mind, any blocking that occurs outside of that area may warrant action

So from the faction sign-up stone the GM's cant do anything bout you blockin it up :)

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 28, 2008
Oh friend. Thanks so much for your kind help.

I really hope someone as experienced as you could clarify me that it is not illegal to do so.

I am in TB faction currently. So do you mean if we place ballbags on the area behind the faction "join" stone. It is no problem at all?

Thanks.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 28, 2008
Ok. So the GMs deleted some of our ballbags and crates INSIDE the stronghold..

What can I do now?

I found our faction is threatened.

I started to even think that our enemies have GM as their support.

This is not fair. What can I do? Can anyone help me solve this issue?

I dont want to place a ballbag inside the stronghold and end up getting account banned.

Please help. Because the GM really warned my friend that he will ban if anything (such as ballbags / crates / chests) are inside the stronghold.

W

wee papa smurf

lol, u got some problems :lol:

Are you sure they didnt just "decay" rather than be deleted?

W

Willow30

FoF: Far, Far Away
Jeremy Dalberg
03 Jul 2008 16:08:04

"What are the rules regarding blocking off areas in faction warfare?"

There are a couple of different possible cases - here is the breakdown:

Faction Vendors: There MUST be a path between or around them. If there is not, the GMs will take action.
In A Faction City (but not in the stronghold): If there are items placed in such a way that other players can't move them easily (many many candelabras on one tile, for example) the GMs will take action.
In A Faction Stronghold: Anything goes.
If the GMs are forced to take action in any case, they will delete the items/vendors that are blocking a player's path. The faction signup stone is a good indication of where a faction stronghold begins. Keeping that in mind, any blocking that occurs outside of that area may warrant action.

The above is from Jeremy in a FoF. It sounds like you had a GM that didn't know about this or someone who paged several times and drove the GM nuts.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Stonehaven
siegeperilous.net
Also, as someone mentioned above, bagballs, candelabras and boxes will decay after a while. I'm not sure on the exact time, but you should get a mininum of 3-4 hours. Someone else may be able to give you a more accurate decay time, but always be prepared to replace them as they start decaying.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 8, 2004
I know also Jeremy lurks around here on this forum and on Uhall, hopefully she will inform the right people that this is happening on Formsa.

Also on UO.com: www.uoherald.com/support/contact_info.php there is a GM Review that can be sent in about this incident.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 28, 2008
Wow you guys are so cool... I hope the GM is smart enough to know bout this.

Anyways, what happened is... I keep the chests / ballbags and crates refreshed (picking up and put back at same places), its been there for about 5 to 6 hours without decay [normally it will decay about 1 or 2 hours if you do not refresh it]

Moreover, once some of the crates, ballbags and chests got removed, my friend immediately got pulled to jail.... and got warned / threatened that if he sees any ballbags, chest or crates inside the stronghold anymore, he will ban his account immediately.

So we immediately removed all the ballbags, chests and crates. We did not even place a single one anymore.

Afterwards, we just continue our guarding, instead we closed the gate and guard at the bridge... which was tough... but anyways... maybe the god knows and blessed us... we have successfully guarded the sigils and corrupted all towns at the end.

Thank you all for your kind information and help.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 28, 2008
I would definately hope to have Jeremy reply to this message and confirm as well...

Hope so...

Thanks ^^

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Stonehaven
siegeperilous.net
Slayer - Have your friend email Jeremy, quote Willow's post, explain what happened and ask her to follow up with the GM Lead. She may also be able to take care of the mark on his account. Her email is jdalberg[at]ea[dot]com.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
If the GM is threatening to ban your account then don't place anymore. The hassle to wait and talk to the GM and get him on the right page will be a lot easier than getting a GM to unban your account for being wrong himself. That's just my opinion... The GM is wrong though.. like everyone else said you are allowed to block as long as the bag balls are inside of your base.

What base are you in?

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 8, 2004
Good advice, Anthius :) and they were in TB base. Yea for the good guys winning the sigils! Congrats!

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 28, 2008
Thanks all once again.

I am in TB base. Actually since faction came out, I have only been in TB whether there is only few left or a load of people inside it.

Perhaps I will e-mail Jeremy about this case now as I am quite sure next week our enemies are gonna summon the GM once again upon us.

Its kinda sad. When we raid their base, they have bedrolls and chests and ballbags with ores inside their base blocking all over the places (which even blocked their own guys going back into the base sometimes... eehehehe).

Now they call the GM upon us when we do this...

I just wanna say our enemies in Formosa are the most COWARD crew I ever fought since I moved to Formosa from Sonoma due to connection issue.

I cannot believe why they are talking crap 24 hours long and saying I cheat and I hack when they are same speed with me... and saying I am a coward when most of the time I am fighting more than 3-4 at once

They even used TB char to take out our ballbags and stuffs in the beginning.... but I joined another char in Minax and FS him to death.

So you could see, they use cheap tactics and yet only talk about people...

Its unlike you guys over here where I saw you guys post "good job Shadowlord, good job TB, good job Minax, etc..."

This is sportsmenship I like and not the whining losers like I fighting in Formosa.

**Head to e-mailing Jeremy**

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Thanks all once again.

I am in TB base. Actually since faction came out, I have only been in TB whether there is only few left or a load of people inside it.

Perhaps I will e-mail Jeremy about this case now as I am quite sure next week our enemies are gonna summon the GM once again upon us.

Its kinda sad. When we raid their base, they have bedrolls and chests and ballbags with ores inside their base blocking all over the places (which even blocked their own guys going back into the base sometimes... eehehehe).

Now they call the GM upon us when we do this...

I just wanna say our enemies in Formosa are the most COWARD crew I ever fought since I moved to Formosa from Sonoma due to connection issue.

I cannot believe why they are talking crap 24 hours long and saying I cheat and I hack when they are same speed with me... and saying I am a coward when most of the time I am fighting more than 3-4 at once

They even used TB char to take out our ballbags and stuffs in the beginning.... but I joined another char in Minax and FS him to death.

So you could see, they use cheap tactics and yet only talk about people...

Its unlike you guys over here where I saw you guys post "good job Shadowlord, good job TB, good job Minax, etc..."

This is sportsmenship I like and not the whining losers like I fighting in Formosa.

**Head to e-mailing Jeremy**
lol. Don't be mistaken bud. Everything isn't as nice as it seems. We have our moments both ways.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 28, 2008
oh well, its better at least more sportsmenship i seen here

But, everytime i fight them they would whine this whine that...

I dont understand at all.

And they calling GM on us hoping to ban the several of us.

What good will they have when they got no one to fight in Felucca?

I seriously dont know what they are thinking in their head.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
THE GREAT STATE OF WISCONSIN
oh well, its better at least more sportsmenship i seen here

But, everytime i fight them they would whine this whine that...

I dont understand at all.

And they calling GM on us hoping to ban the several of us.

What good will they have when they got no one to fight in Felucca?

I seriously dont know what they are thinking in their head.
what language do you speak and what program are you using to translate.

It sounds like you used babelfish and took French to Japanese, to Korean, back to english.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 28, 2008
I feel it is personal attack more than just asking question from your post.

But to answer your question, my native language is Cantonese.

I did not use any program to translate what you or others are saying.

Moreover, I would like to say that, if you wanna attack my English, I could come up with a bunch of Chinese to stuff your mouth full of ****s.

Don't be a loser like the enemies on my shard.

Aite?