• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Faction Questions (ballbags / chests / crates)

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi All,

I would like to know if we placed ballbags in our faction stronghold and we leave a path clear. Is it legal or not?

Thanks.

Mazulat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First this should probobly be in the faction forum...but FYI: Inside the faction stronghold, anything goes. There does not need to be a path. A common tactic on Great lakes when I still played there was to make 20 candleabras in a wooden box, then break the box. This is repeated on each tile across an opening or kill zone. All the contents pile on the floor and make a barrier that requires some time to remove...enough time to easily defend some of the more open-area bases. Not saying it's a good defense (I personally think it's pretty gimp) just an example of the no holds barred rights within the strongholds.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what you are saying is that we could place ballbags, chests etc... inside the faction stronghold without even leaving a path open?

Thanks.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the faction strongholds you do not need to leave a path.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks all!

I just hope Jeremy could give a reply and confirmation to this..

I want to make sure that next time we guard sigil, we do not have our account banned.

Anyways, I hope the GM wouldn't be stupid enough to ban us because of this act.... otherwise I really don't know what to do about this..

G

gen2000

Thanks all!

I just hope Jeremy could give a reply and confirmation to this..

I want to make sure that next time we guard sigil, we do not have our account banned.

Anyways, I hope the GM wouldn't be stupid enough to ban us because of this act.... otherwise I really don't know what to do about this..
If you click on the link above that tina small posted you can read it for your self, no need for Jeremy to post here about it..

"What are the rules regarding blocking off areas in faction warfare?"

There are a couple of different possible cases - here is the breakdown:

* Faction Vendors: There MUST be a path between or around them. If there is not, the GMs will take action.
* In A Faction City (but not in the stronghold): If there are items placed in such a way that other players can't move them easily (many many candelabras on one tile, for example) the GMs will take action.
* In A Faction Stronghold: Anything goes.

If the GMs are forced to take action in any case, they will delete the items/vendors that are blocking a player's path. The faction signup stone is a good indication of where a faction stronghold begins. Keeping that in mind, any blocking that occurs outside of that area may warrant action

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe the reason Slayer is concerned is that the GMs taking care of the Formosa shard apparently don't know about this clarification that Jeremy provided in July and have threatened to ban accounts for placing blocking items inside a faction base. Slayer gave a few more details about what's going on in his posts in the Factions forum.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=107102

D

DHMagicMan_1

Maybe Asian shards and GMs don't follow the guidelines that Jeremy is getting from who she's talking to... US vs Asain UO seem to be running quasi independantly...