• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Faction/Non-Faction Changes

• Thread starter Førsaken
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4

Which Best Suits Siege Perilous In The Matter Of PvP?

• Total voters
F

Førsaken

I've seen nothing done. I rarely see Bruin. Kat's belief in what is in the communities best interest changes daily. Vote up.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
NEWSFLASH... PvP isn't the ONLY problem, yet its the ONLY one you and your crew seem to be concerned with.

Get with the program and start thinking about someone other than you and BFF!

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the funniest thing that is gonna happen is option #3 will be picked by 25 people and it will be 95% and the devs still won't do ****...:lol:

M

Myrn/Nym/Nadal

We are all voting for the obvious....

I love everyone in this community even the trash talkers...the only problem at this point is faction prices...and players are working together in game to alleviate this one factor until devs lend a helping hand once again...

I think the global rot cap removal was HUGE on their part...the rest of you that are QQing about siege...you need to learn to adapt to change its that simple...

Dont expect a game to REMAIN THE SAME IN A MARKET THAT CONSTANTLY EVOLVES regarding competition...holy cow ppl wtf...

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are all voting for the obvious....

I love everyone in this community even the trash talkers...the only problem at this point is faction prices...and players are working together in game to alleviate this one factor until devs lend a helping hand once again...

I think the global rot cap removal was HUGE on their part...the rest of you that are QQing about siege...you need to learn to adapt to change its that simple...

Dont expect a game to REMAIN THE SAME IN A MARKET THAT CONSTANTLY EVOLVES regarding competition...holy cow ppl wtf...

What are you talking about? People have adapted to SP that's why it's dead...:lol:

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Myrn - You have overpowered faction arties that come from a vending machine and you're not happy with THAT?

you need to learn to adapt

M

Myrn/Nym/Nadal

What are you talking about? People have adapted to SP that's why it's dead...:lol:
Really how? since the 3 months I have come back i have just seen QQ from players that dont play about SP and the faction system prices.

Now players are honoring a much more affordable system to promote pvp, I mean what else could you need?

remove items? sorry wont ever happen....players like items...its in ALL major mmorpg's...

players that dont like change either:

a) QQ about it
b) go to player runs where they can hide away from the evolution of gaming
c) both A+B

At least this is what I see from UO players since my return...

M

Myrn/Nym/Nadal

Myrn - You have overpowered faction arties that come from a vending machine and you're not happy with THAT?

Yes Kat I do like it especially when the players agree to honor a buyback system that promotes more game play/pvp....its fun.

All games have an item system SOME based on the pvp as well as the Pvm or pve.

uo is no different.

ACTUALLY uo is BETTER in the regard that PLAYERS make the best items in game.

B

Black magick

You really should log in and see how much pvp is actually going on, especially now that the buyback reduction is being followed. Then you might get that a bunch of active players would want lower prices. It's not due to items that you and yours are mediocre (generalizing, i'm sure there's a couple good tnt) is due to poor team work, everyone being out to survive themselves and not save their mates, (how many mages tnt run?) and poor initiative on the leader's part. It really is a shame Shad left you to be the leader, having heard from him what he wanted tnt to be I don't think the guild would have been run into the ground and become nothing more than a nuisance.

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
NEWSFLASH... PvP isn't the ONLY problem, yet its the ONLY one you and your crew seem to be concerned with.

I dont think anyone is saying its the only problem, but it is a problem. We cant ask for the world all at once.

I think a boost in monter loot, will help the shard as a whole. PvMers will get better loot, which is higher quality for unravels, etc. And if they do get a nice RNG, and get an arty, or high end jewel, they can use it, or reap the rewards and sell it. And let them equip better

Lowering the faction silver cost, will help keep the PvPers going, with less farm time. And if they dont need to spend hours getting gear, they may loot less. Tough to tell.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thank god you're no longer a Siege representative.

B

Bruin

Both poll choices have already been voted on (and won). Both have already been requested to the devs.

Lowering of the silver prices was not implemented, I do not know why.

The idea of making non-faction artifacts more plentiful to non-faction people was one of the ideas not easily to implement - that would HOPEFULLY be looked at 'later'. No idea when/if later is.

However, in my opinion based on my discussions with the devs and their posts, IF Siege wants help from the devs to bring about a greater interest population, Siege needs to first step up. If the active population of Siege is 1, the devs have very little reason to help out Siege. If the active population of Siege is 1000 and growing, the devs have more incentive to help out Siege for the longevity of the game.

The devs threw us a bone we were looking for, the changes to RoT. Now what will we do to help Siege become active again? The faction silver buyback thread was a very good start. What's next? Keep building up the Siege population and the devs will notice and help more.

M

Myrn/Nym/Nadal

Both poll choices have already been voted on (and won). Both have already been requested to the devs.

Lowering of the silver prices was not implemented, I do not know why.

The idea of making non-faction artifacts more plentiful to non-faction people was one of the ideas not easily to implement - that would HOPEFULLY be looked at 'later'. No idea when/if later is.

However, in my opinion based on my discussions with the devs and their posts, IF Siege wants help from the devs to bring about a greater interest population, Siege needs to first step up. If the active population of Siege is 1, the devs have very little reason to help out Siege. If the active population of Siege is 1000 and growing, the devs have more incentive to help out Siege for the longevity of the game.

The devs threw us a bone we were looking for, the changes to RoT. Now what will we do to help Siege become active again? The faction silver buyback thread was a very good start. What's next? Keep building up the Siege population and the devs will notice and help more.

Exactly and well said old friend...Players need to step up...

Which is what we are seeing....even from the most hardcore of pvpers.

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cursed arties need to be a thing of the past.

I would get on board with the reduced silver prices if the arties use the new "brittle" tag instead of cursed, that way we can bless one item still but not be able to keep it forever. I will not farm arties only to have them ganked away with cursed status.

510 HP on an item is plenty enough time to get another one.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really how? since the 3 months I have come back i have just seen QQ from players that dont play about SP and the faction system prices.

Now players are honoring a much more affordable system to promote pvp, I mean what else could you need?

remove items? sorry wont ever happen....players like items...its in ALL major mmorpg's...

players that dont like change either:

a) QQ about it
b) go to player runs where they can hide away from the evolution of gaming
c) both A+B

At least this is what I see from UO players since my return...
Your reading comprehension sucks...QQ <--- I R Leet 2...

M

Myrn/Nym/Nadal

Id also like to add to all you skeptics out there that in the last couple nights there has been a ton of pvp..

I have died to crunch, forsaken and kage like so many times the last couple nights its laughable.

my buybacks were never above 180k........for all my items.

:heart: to those guys...

So if there is any doubt.....then you probably should just keep trolling....

oh and if you cant handle 180k gold on a full buy back.....then you shouldn't be playing siege at all and its probably best that you don't.

M

Myrn/Nym/Nadal

Your reading comprehension sucks...QQ <--- I R Leet 2...

Your flame attempts are even worse. I wouldnt know if you're l33t, all I have seen of you since playing here is QQ.

thats not a flame either, thats pretty much a fact.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Id also like to add to all you skeptics out there that in the last couple nights there has been a ton of pvp..

I have died to crunch, forsaken and kage like so many times the last couple nights is laughable.

my buybacks were never above 180k........for all my items.

:heart: to those guys...

So if there is any doubt.....then you probably should just keep trolling....

oh and if you cant handle 180k gold on a full buy back.....then you shouldn't be playing siege at all and its probably best that you don't.
Define TON please?

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your flame attempts are even worse. I wouldnt know if you're l33t, all I have seen of you since playing here is QQ.

thats not a flame either, thats pretty much a fact.
I enjoy playing the forums there's more people here...

P.S. And it's FREE!

M

Myrn/Nym/Nadal

Define TON please?
a ton being that every night I have been on com, shadowlords, minax and tb have been fighting....all four factions have active guilds...

when the fights end people bag the loot say GG in gen, maybe some trash talk but 20 minutes people have bought their gear back and back out to fight again...

People are setting their buyback vendors and everyone is jolly old Jiggilies in their computer chairs I guess..

And you're not happy with this cause why? You don't want to farm your suit?

You do realize you farm silver once, then all you have to do is farm gold CASUALLY...you do realize 180k is basicaly nothing?

You do realize with this the hardcores get MASS pvp and BULK buy backs thus they still get a great reward for their pvp prowess and they also see more pvp...

amirite?

So you dont log in cause why? a, b or c? Mr. reading comprehension?

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a ton being that every night I have been on com, shadowlords, minax and tb have been fighting....all four factions have active guilds...

when the fights end people bag the loot say GG in gen, maybe some trash talk but 20 minutes people have bought their gear back and back out to fight again...

People are setting their buyback vendors and everyone is jolly old Jiggilies in their computer chairs I guess..

You do realize you farm silver once, then all you have to do is farm gold CASUALLY...you do realize 180k is basicaly nothing?

You do realize with this the hardcores get MASS pvp and BULK buy backs thus they still get a great reward for their pvp prowess and they also see more pvp...

amirite?

I just checked uo.com...you COULD be right...what timezone does all this pvp be happening now?

Malagar T'sarran

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

amirite?

You do realize that i didnt seen a single TB the last couple weeks... FAIL

M

Myrn/Nym/Nadal

You do realize that i didnt seen a single TB the last couple weeks... FAIL
Cause you been at grandmas house QQing about a slow comp so your pvp has been minimal.

HEALMELOOTME

I still love you though even though you make me older every day i play with you.

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've seen nothing done. I rarely see Bruin. Kat's belief in what is in the communities best interest changes daily. Vote up.
I voted for number 3 as it is the best option available. Why didn't you add an option to get rid of faction arties all together?

M

Myrn/Nym/Nadal

I just checked uo.com...you COULD be right...what timezone does all this pvp be happening now?
All time zones...

You have to keep in mind this is part of sieges "healing" process...so sometimes it's still slow...but once the word gets out and people see that players are taking steps to promote an active shard again, im sure we will see more.

Despise has had a lot of fights since many people are back and looking to get scrolls for their toons...I see traffic around Yew and Luna as well as the Abyss.

There is a new orc clan setting up in Safe Haven also and I know they will be looking for pvp as well.

People also set up fights in general chat.

Like I said everyone has held to the agreement...Yea im sure someone will flake and thats ok...I think we are all above not being able to get past the occasional player tantrum...

Anyways...Less posting more logging in pls. =)

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

That's sad.

The whole reason why people aren't playing is because this game is broken. So they aren't going to fix what's broken until people are playing?

So we're just supposed to pretend things are ok, so they can do what? Turn around and tell us... see you're fine. You didn't need us.

That's ********.

A

Arden

There is a new orc clan setting up in Safe Haven also and I know they will be looking for pvp as well.

Anyways...Less posting more logging in pls. =)
Ash, myself and the other 40 thieves are reactivating as we speak! Already kicked them off siege once and off AI twice!! Ahh the fun if griefing RP'rs

M

Myrn/Nym/Nadal

That's sad.

The whole reason why people aren't playing is because this game is broken. So they aren't going to fix what's broken until people are playing?

So we're just supposed to pretend things are ok, so they can do what? Turn around and tell us... see you're fine. You didn't need us.

That's ********.

You think people are really going to believe we're having fun when we're PRETENDING to?
No thats business....and right on the money I might add...

btw Im having fun and we were in despise all night and saw fights. =)

T R U

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are doing it for sure. I fight and spawn, pwn and die everyday now. Just come talk some trash in chat if ya wanna fight. Someone will kick your arse. :gee:

F

Førsaken

Kat's belief in what is in the communities best interest changes daily.
Truth hurts, I know. But yeah, we only care about ourselves, guess you're saying the same thing for all the other people voting option 3? LOL? GOOD ****ING LOGIC.

@ Cheapsuit - I'm realistic, that's why I do not have a ZOMGDELETEFACTIONARTIES option.

@ Bruin - No **** these things have already been voted on and sent to the DEVS, I'm proving a point.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

That's sad.

That's ********.
I agree.

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you're saying the guy that only has one char that isn't made for farming should just move on? 180k every time you die is a lot of gold for a char that doesn't farm. Not everyone has 3 accounts. Try and remember that when you make silly remarks like the one above.

M

Myrn/Nym/Nadal

So you're saying the guy that only has one char that isn't made for farming should just move on? 180k every time you die is a lot of gold for a char that doesn't farm. Not everyone has 3 accounts. Try and remember that when you make silly remarks like the one above.

You have to be kidding me...it would take you about an hour to farm this...

The only thing that is "silly" is you thinking this is something that would take a great deal of effort to do...or multiple accounts...

Like I said some people probably shouldn't play siege...

Before this new proposal was implemented (by the players I might add) we were paying 1 million for a suit buy back.

Stop posting unless you have something even remotely intelligent/constructive to add.

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Stop posting unless you have something even remotely intelligent/constructive to add.

This response seems pretty typical lately.

This response only leaves me to assume that because you cannot counter what the person said, you want to censor them. This IS a discussion board, there really isn't any place for censorship outside of breaking the TOS. I suggest you learn to deal with the situation and try to formulate a response. If all you can manage is "STFU" or attacks on peoples intelligence because you disagree with what they said, it only makes YOUR argument appear the weaker one.

If you cannot be bothered to articulate an answer, why would anyone wish to converse with you? Conversation requires two or more people to participate, if you silence the other party members, you've become a lecturer, and this isn't class.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's amazing that one person changes their mind on this issue and all of BFF goes into a dead panic and starts foaming at the mouth as per this thread.

If you all get this worked up over faction arties, I can only imagine that you must get suicidal over serious world issues.

D

Duke TNT

You have to be kidding me...it would take you about an hour to farm this...

The only thing that is "silly" is you thinking this is something that would take a great deal of effort to do...or multiple accounts...

Like I said some people probably shouldn't play siege...

Before this new proposal was implemented (by the players I might add) we were paying 1 million for a suit buy back.

I'll start off saying I have not played on siege for a couple months now, ever since TnT left, and I had no idea any changes had been made by players or devs. Congrats guys! Thanks to the ones who kept pushing and got us at least somewhere :) Maybe I'll log in and try to PvP one of these nights.

Since we are trying to get new blood on Siege and grow the community, Nadal, please consider this before you say things like that. When I left Siege, I had been playing UO for around 6 months. Since all the PvPers on the shard have been playing UO for years (not necessarily Siege but just UO in general), they are way better than me. When I would go out and PvP, I had three choices: 1) wear faction arties, die and lose around 1 mil, or 2) wear a mix of faction arties and normal gear, die and lose a little less or 3) wear only normal armor, and die within seconds because everyone else is wearing faction arties. Even if I was good, I probably could not stand up to someone in complete faction gear when wearing regular armor (esp if it is someone like Kage or Forsaken). Granted, buy backs are considerably less now, but 180k every single time you want to PvP is still A LOT of gold to a new player - and unfortunately, if you suck at PvP, you cant get better until you practice and you cannot practice on Siege without losing 180k (other than messing around within your own guild which does not get you practice in cross heals and such).

What I am trying to say is when new players come, they will have spent all of their gold trying to build their character and buying bows/regs/maces/swords etc. As say an archer, with one account and little resources to make a slayer bow, you simply cannot farm 180k an hour. Even my tamer could not farm 180k an hour doing Onis, I was averaging about 100k per hour, and that was on a tamer. The spiders by the Cu's are a little better but with all the spawn, they would be hard to farm on an archer. Plus, they would have to farm/buy enough arrows to farm.

The ONLY reason I was able to survive on Siege was because of Davy and the rest of TnT. They were very generous to me as a new player and helped me out with things that I could not have acquired on my own without spending a HUGE amount of time. Gu even gave me a castle for only 15mil (which Davy paid for) and at the time, they were going for way more. If we bring new players from other shards, or friends from RL, they will have nothing, other than possibly a guild helping them out. It is hard, and it is not easy to get into PvP on Siege.

Sorry I'm ranting but it can get very frustrating reading the boards. Many, many vets post things and simply forget what it was like to be new, what it was like to have 50k in the bank and be ballin. After years of playing, that is expected to happen but hopefully this post will be a reminder.

B

Black magick

and unfortunately, if you suck at PvP, you cant get better until you practice and you cannot practice on Siege without losing 180k (other than messing around within your own guild which does not get you practice in cross heals and such).
In all honesty, if you want to get better and don't have any really set characters on prodo; go to TC. Although, there are some templates you really can't do a whole lot to get better on.

M

Myrn/Nym/Nadal

I'll start off saying I have not played on siege for a couple months now, ever since TnT left for Redemption, and I had no idea any changes had been made by players or devs. Congrats guys! Thanks to the ones who kept pushing and got us at least somewhere :) Maybe I'll log in and try to PvP one of these nights.

Since we are trying to get new blood on Siege and grow the community, Nadal, please consider this before you say things like that. When I left Siege, I had been playing UO for around 6 months. Since all the PvPers on the shard have been playing UO for years (not necessarily Siege but just UO in general), they are way better than me. When I would go out and PvP, I had three choices: 1) wear faction arties, die and lose around 1 mil, or 2) wear a mix of faction arties and normal gear, die and lose a little less or 3) wear only normal armor, and die within seconds because everyone else is wearing faction arties. Even if I was good, I probably could not stand up to someone in complete faction gear when wearing regular armor (esp if it is someone like Kage or Forsaken). Granted, buy backs are considerably less now, but 180k every single time you want to PvP is still A LOT of gold to a new player - and unfortunately, if you suck at PvP, you cant get better until you practice and you cannot practice on Siege without losing 180k (other than messing around within your own guild which does not get you practice in cross heals and such).

What I am trying to say is when new players come, they will have spent all of their gold trying to build their character and buying bows/regs/maces/swords etc. As say an archer, with one account and little resources to make a slayer bow, you simply cannot farm 180k an hour. Even my tamer could not farm 180k an hour doing Onis, I was averaging about 100k per hour, and that was on a tamer. The spiders by the Cu's are a little better but with all the spawn, they would be hard to farm on an archer. Plus, they would have to farm/buy enough arrows to farm.

The ONLY reason I was able to survive on Siege was because of Davy and the rest of TnT. They were very generous to me as a new player and helped me out with things that I could not have acquired on my own without spending a HUGE amount of time. Gu even gave me a castle for only 15mil (which Davy paid for) and at the time, they were going for way more. If we bring new players from other shards, or friends from RL, they will have nothing, other than possibly a guild helping them out. It is hard, and it is not easy to get into PvP on Siege.

Sorry I'm ranting but it can get very frustrating reading the boards. Many, many vets post things and simply forget what it was like to be new, what it was like to have 50k in the bank and be ballin. After years of playing, that is expected to happen but hopefully this post will be a reminder.
Players have to understand that this is a veteran server....you're gunna lose stuff.

Yea 180k is a huge difference and way affordable....even a non pvm dexxer template can farm this with ease on their down time...I mean champ spawns are a frigging cash cow and fun to do with your guild mates when things are slow....and guess what...you might even get raided....if you're lucky that is. =)

Im sorry, I know the TnT gang was good to my brother while I was away playing other games....but seriously guys....this is how it is and I would take advantage of the fact that the community is taking measures to make things better here...and stop looking to the devs who, as Bruin stated, threw all of you a pretty big bone.

Try logging in...get out there and fight...get a few hundred thousand gold in the bank....Davy gave me a million when I came back...Ill return the favor...

or...you could....just post again ...I guess... =(

Malagar T'sarran

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Duke is totaly right.

And i will give every tnt gears back for free if they come back and try to raid us at despice all night!

This offer will end (1st October!) Bring the TNT back!

M

Myrn/Nym/Nadal

This response seems pretty typical lately.

This response only leaves me to assume that because you cannot counter what the person said, you want to censor them. This IS a discussion board, there really isn't any place for censorship outside of breaking the TOS. I suggest you learn to deal with the situation and try to formulate a response. If all you can manage is "STFU" or attacks on peoples intelligence because you disagree with what they said, it only makes YOUR argument appear the weaker one.

If you cannot be bothered to articulate an answer, why would anyone wish to converse with you? Conversation requires two or more people to participate, if you silence the other party members, you've become a lecturer, and this isn't class.

Um no...sorry....

This is not a discussion.....this was a poll...

You're talking about a dead server in the OLDEST mmorpg going (i think) and expecting CORPORATE EA to dedicate more time when you dont even play...or pay them a subscription fee?

Cmon people...*Boggles*