• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Faction Crafters and Purification Time Q's

V

von Beck

Since everyone was so helpful in the other thread I posted, I thought I'd ask a few more questions about factions.

1. I noticed I could tag my Mage as a Faction Scribe on the Faction Stone. Could someone please let me know what that does, if anything? I couldn't see anything different after I had selected it.

2. Draconi mentioned in another thread that corruption time is 4 hours and purification time 6 hours. I understand corruption time is how long the sigil has to stay at your base to get the town, but what is purification time? Is that how long your faction gets to hold the city for once captured?

Thanks in advance happy helpful Factions board ppl!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought declaring yourself a crafter makes it possible for that character to ride a war horse without having to be at least faction level 2. Never got around to trying it with my tinker....

Once a faction corrupts the sigils and puts them back in town, they then go through a purification process. Normally it takes 3 days, but apparently on Origin it is currently set to take 6 hours. The notes for tomorrow morning's publish to the other shards don't address the purification timer.

Don't forget that a faction can corrupt the sigils but perhaps not put them back in town right away. Town control doesn't change until the faction that last corrupted the sigils puts them back into the towns. While corrupted sigils are still sitting in someone's base, they are up for grabs for someone else to try to corrupt them themselves and put them back in town.