• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Faction artifacts, I love it! Thank you Dev :)

S

Splup

Hi,

I have to say this has enhanced my gaming experience A Lot! Before faction arties I was only able to PvP only on one shard, cause I was able to afford items for PvP on one shard. Now that for many templates I can get the most expensive pieces as faction arties, I'v been able to expand my PvP to other shards too.

Also many new players seem to have joined PvP, because now it's easier for them to make the suit. Before faction arties, making a suit was A Lot more expensive. Not just the arties itself, but now that they are bit more enhanced, you don't need as expensive other items either. Also some my old friends came back, and we were able to make them suits without huge investments.

Factions itself is great too. Now that used to factions, I can't get how I got along without being in em before. I mean, you defend your spawn/harrower/whatever, you kill your raider, 10sek they are back? Ridiculous... Now when you destroy their attack force, you get 20 mins. Well, some log in with nonfaction chars which I find really annoying but most stick with factioneers.

I'd vote for if you put one char in faction, all your chars go to faction, so you could switch to nonfactioor if you go to loss. I know this won't happen and prolly a large group would be against it.

Thanks Dev.

D

Der Rock

Hi,

I have to say this has enhanced my gaming experience A Lot! Before faction arties I was only able to PvP only on one shard, cause I was able to afford items for PvP on one shard. Now that for many templates I can get the most expensive pieces as faction arties, I'v been able to expand my PvP to other shards too.

Also many new players seem to have joined PvP, because now it's easier for them to make the suit. Before faction arties, making a suit was A Lot more expensive. Not just the arties itself, but now that they are bit more enhanced, you don't need as expensive other items either. Also some my old friends came back, and we were able to make them suits without huge investments.

Factions itself is great too. Now that used to factions, I can't get how I got along without being in em before. I mean, you defend your spawn/harrower/whatever, you kill your raider, 10sek they are back? Ridiculous... Now when you destroy their attack force, you get 20 mins. Well, some log in with nonfaction chars which I find really annoying but most stick with factioneers.

I'd vote for if you put one char in faction, all your chars go to faction, so you could switch to nonfactioor if you go to loss. I know this won't happen and prolly a large group would be against it.

Thanks Dev.

it´s called COMMUNISM
making all things worthless,get it now and then.
rings a bell
say:give arties
LOL

comical is: it is done to please the smalest part of the playerbase :wall:

R

RichDC

it´s called COMMUNISM
making all things worthless,get it now and then.
rings a bell
say:give arties
LOL

comical is: it is done to please the smalest part of the playerbase :wall:
Maybe on your shard, im on GL and i can tell you (judging by sign up numbers on a site which everytime i mention my post gets deleted or thread locked) it is hopping over hear and probably the majority of the player base!

D

darkblade70

Wait, so people still do factions?

How do I get involved in Factions these days? Still sign up at the respective stones?

Also what are faction artifacts?

(sorry out of touch for over 5 years)

T

Turdnugget

Faction arties...http://www.uoguide.com/Faction

And yes, go to the appropriate stone to join. I'd check out the faction scene on your shard before you go and join... might not want to join TB if Minax/SL have overwhelming odds... unless you're up to the task =)

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive never done any faction action. I just wonder how you gain rank? By killing others? This sigil thing?

ake

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok you got ur nuts but they must remove faction arties from trammel ruleset! if players want pvm they can use a normal suit or do it on fell.

T

Turdnugget

You can gain rank w/out doing anything... I went from Defender to Sentinal (TB) in a couple days...

But to gain higher you need kill points. Either by killing another faction person, stealing sigils and getting the points, or can have points givin to you.

S

Splup

Ive never done any faction action. I just wonder how you gain rank? By killing others? This sigil thing?
Best way prolly is to ask some factionmate to donate you points. "I honor your leadership" takes 5 points away from giver and gives 4 points to target. Atleast we give points to our new members so they can wear faction armor.

I think the rank requirement should be removed, but then there needs to be a way to prevent ppl from just getting faction arties and never coming back to fel.

K

Kratos Aurion

Maybe on your shard, im on GL and i can tell you (judging by sign up numbers on a site which everytime i mention my post gets deleted or thread locked) it is hopping over hear and probably the majority of the player base!
1 reason..

Tram guilds.

Thats the only reason factions are "hopping." I don't see a lot of true pvpers in factions either because it really is a waste of their time or they don't really see a purpose/benefit to it. The new arties only benefit the players who want quick suits who either aren't familiar with pvp and want to learn the hard way (stat loss) or PvMers who abuse the system to get uber suits in tram.

It was the worst possible fix scenario and it is pretty sad it came down to the lazy fix.

G

Green Meanie

Personaly As a so called "Real PvP' love factions. I never bothered with factions before the items becouse i didnt know or understand them. Now that i am faction i dont know how i played without them. Death feels like it has a meaning (20 mins of OMG MY char SUXOR). I also like the faction items as it gives a much larger number of faction ppl to fight.

I can and do agree with the following:

Faction items should be removed from tram.

Faction Rank should in some way should be determined by how you participate in faction (i mean are you realy a factionneer if all you do is sit at yew gate in your uber suit.)

And finaly if 10% of your Hps were taken by a non factionneer (reset on full heal or death) No points will be awarded to the person that killed you and you should not suffer stat loss.

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm he has a point with people bringing non fac cha's once they dead and in stat loss would be nice if they put a timer so you can't relog other cha till loss is gone :p but i do think faction arties need a few nerfs 1st can't put on vendors 2nd no abilitys in tram! i mean it does ruin the economy and it also ruins many tram guilds ppl go to factions and such just to get arties to be trammies is lame.

But the + side is it has rejuvinated factions on my shard alot mostly all the pvp is on faction cha's now most not all.

T

Turdnugget

Not all Tram guilds join factions just to use arties in Tram. On my shard there is a strictly Tram guild who actually made a faction wing to learn how to PvP.

They don't use these chrs just in Tram... they actually fight in Fel, although they get slaugthered as of right now, they're still learning and enjoying it.

But not all Tram guilds are like this... some just want it for the items to use in safety.

Who cares though? This game is so item based, what's the big issue with someone using faction arties in Tram. It's not like the Easy button hasn't already been issued.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the arties should be able to be used in Tram. I am predominantly a PvPer, but I also solo Peerless on a sampire that i have. Almost every character I have plays factions.

I think I have the right to use my faction arties on my PvM char because I partake in the faction system.

What pisses me off is the guilds that abuse the point system by having friends join opposing factions to farm kill points. They stay strictly in tram and just PvM after getting kill points.

The change just needs to be made to extend faction PvP to trammel. If you are in factions, you need to be prepared to fight. If you want to bank sit, fine, log on a non faction char.

C

Coffin

Ooo, PvP in trammel. That would be nuts. I would vote for that. Punish the guys who don't actually play factions and just use the items in trammel all day.

R

RichDC

Not all Tram guilds join factions just to use arties in Tram. On my shard there is a strictly Tram guild who actually made a faction wing to learn how to PvP.

They don't use these chrs just in Tram... they actually fight in Fel, although they get slaugthered as of right now, they're still learning and enjoying it.

But not all Tram guilds are like this... some just want it for the items to use in safety.

Who cares though? This game is so item based, what's the big issue with someone using faction arties in Tram. It's not like the Easy button hasn't already been issued.
Are you talking about DC* :p we did that because a suit is so much cheaper for a factioner.

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone joins Factions, everyone's doing Champs.. And the latter will increase if, or better yet when, they make those work like Doom.
It's no wonder.

Instead itemizing more they should just delete all magical items including Runic Hammers and Runic Crafted and leave us with GM or Vendor stuff.

Btw, WoW and a multitude of Single, Multi and MMO games somehow suffer no harm from permanent items. Just saying.. Oh and they are so much more thriving than UO. I used to dislike those games for making me farm.... Now what difference is there, a Gardening System? Crap visuals? Sheesh.

I'm really glad you can now enjoy the game- though if you got the feeling you improved a lot at PvP only ever since you joined Factions it speaks volumes concerning Item Vs. Skill.
Don't be hasty to get insulted, maybe you were always good but lacked items. :)

F

Fox (Europa)

Hi,

Thanks Dev.
On Europa the faction changes were the final nail in the coffin for PvP, just about everyone who was hanging in there quit UO including every player in our 50+ strong alliance.

Everyone was hoping the next PvP publish would fix speeding but it didn't happen, it just introduced more over-powered stuff for cheaters and trammies to get through exploiting the poorly implemented mechanics.

All that was left was the script/speeder raid guild for who the faction items were just another over-powered buff and a few random reds and blues.

Fox

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they need to make factions like chaos/order...opposing factions attackable anywhere fel, tram, malas, illish.

R

RichDC

Siege is actually great fun, my home away from GL...love revealing all those Stealth tamers and stealing there stuff when pets are busy!

T

Turdnugget

Rich, i'm not talking about DC... sorry. But if you guys have done the same, kudos to you =)

I'm talking about a guild who had no real PvP experience at all... but jumped into it. Their guild master got pissed though, since they actually started to enjoy PvP and would PvP more than do the Tram side of their guild stuff.

I don't see an issue with using faction items in Tram. I do see a problem with point farming. But then again, the rank system is ridiculous. It shouldn't be you have to be rank 10 to use Orny... why not make it like the old system, the HIGHER rank you are, the MORE arties you can wear.

Back then, it wasn't really arties. Just more powerful weapons...Example: Rank 1 you can wear 1 faction item, Rank 2: 2 faction items etc etc...

With the % rank system it's hard for some people to get high enough rank to use what arties they want in the first place. It's not fair to those just joining Factions that want to play the system and get arties to help their suit HAVE to have a high rank when it's hard to kill enough people due to all the rampant cheats that makes it nearly impossible to get kill points.

Extend Factions to Trammel. That's fine by me. Make people second guess bank sitting/burning counts on their faction chr at a public bank.

Or if people are so upset with Pvmers being able to use faction arties in Trammel, what if the arties lost their added bonuses for being faction items and just reverted to normal arties when entering Trammel?

IE: The orny loses it's 3 MR, Spirit of Totem loses it's rounded out resists etc etc...

R

RichDC

I know you wasnt :) i was just using DC as a generalisation of imbalance, im sure on every shard there is a trammy guild who annoy PvPers because we wont leave fel (or join factions so they cant get points).

I think the problem with them is that they are just beefed up, ALOT cheaper arties. its what 8k silver for an inquis right??...8 k worth 25mil?

Even if they lost there faction benefit some trammy guilds would still join factions because wats killing 150deamons? over saving 25mil i mean.