• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[F.Y.I.] 'Seach Engine' Style Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

A new rule has been passed down about UO search engine style sites. EA has deemed them an illegal third party programs.

<blockquote><hr>

sites that purport to "search" vendors are using scripts to do so, and are therefore illegal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E. Jeremy Dalberg
UO Community Coordinator
EA Mythic

[/ QUOTE ]

Stratics has a policy where illegal third party sites/programs cannot be linked to or discussed.

Please add these to your list of 'things not to be discussed on Stratics'.

Nixon[I-C]

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Them publicising it, only makes it more popular. They would be better adding some kind of facility thats legal.

K

Kith Kanan

WORD , the fact that there is no global vendor search function in UO is PATHETIC !!!!!!!!

G

No, it's not, you're just too used to WoW.

The fact that UO doesnt have an auction house like system means that it is possible to find good deals, and actually really viable being a trader and running a shop, helping to add that community feel .

In WoW, the people you buy from are faceless maybe they are someones level 1 auction house alt... In UO on europa you have many vendor houses and well known vendors.

To impliment a global system like WoW has is to kill vendor shops and one of the things still making UO unique in a gaming world where every five minutes there is a new MMO, community.

G

i am guessing that what we have here is yet another 'toothless tiger'. they wont address scripting so its pretty certain they wont enforce this either

G

My post is about Stratics policy.

What EA do or don't do about it is irrelevant.

Discussion of illegal programs/sites on Stratics is against RoC, so therefore, everyone, please don't mention them in your posts.

K

Kith Kanan

<blockquote><hr>

No, it's not, you're just too used to WoW.

The fact that UO doesnt have an auction house like system means that it is possible to find good deals, and actually really viable being a trader and running a shop, helping to add that community feel .

In WoW, the people you buy from are faceless maybe they are someones level 1 auction house alt... In UO on europa you have many vendor houses and well known vendors.

To impliment a global system like WoW has is to kill vendor shops and one of the things still making UO unique in a gaming world where every five minutes there is a new MMO, community.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope I'm used to it from DAOC, and you have vendros just like UO , but you can browse em all by putting in search criteria on a vendor search NPC , and if unique meens wasting hour after hour NOT finding what I need , please make it less unique....

Y

Yewish News

<blockquote><hr>

Nope I'm used to it from DAOC, and you have vendros just like UO , but you can browse em all by putting in search criteria on a vendor search NPC , and if unique meens wasting hour after hour NOT finding what I need , please make it less unique....

[/ QUOTE ]

Er, no. I like it the way it is.

Nixon[I-C]

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Er, no. I like it the way it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe so, but not many people are going to spend hours searching for awesome deals when they can simply do so by using certain websites.

EA know they can't crack down, and they have known this site has existed for a long time.

Running around mousing over every induvidual item, then checking induvidual stats is not fun, especially the amount of dross people put in vendors. I understand peoples concerns about the community, but nothing will be done about this, so why should players who legitimally pay the game be at a disadvantage?

Status
Not open for further replies.