• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Extant

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Anyone watching this show?

WHAT THE HECK is going on??? Re: the last two episodes.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not a Halle Berry fan so was really not wanting to like it. So far, it has my attention. This could wind up being like another LOST though. I'll keep watching. :popcorn:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
The last episode has me really confused. Help me Airmid. I don't understand what I just watched. (really!)

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You watched a question positioned to viewers: what do you think you saw? ;) Are there aliens? Angels? Demons? Energy?
I was most interested in Ethan. It was lights out for him a week ago and now he's been somewhat reborn. Questioning his purpose? That freaked me out a bit!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Ethan I think is just being a robot. Gee he learned Japanese... isn't that easy for computers to do? I was unimpressed.
But what was all this morphing, first it was one person then it was another stuff. And did I miss something with the other two guys (names fail me)? First they were beating each other up then they were going to save Molly? Eh?
Maybe I am not "getting it".

Noldor

Knight, Order of the Bug Hunters
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Loving the show...nice to see like-minded individuals here! -)

I haven't see the last two episodes...they just popped up on the website today. I'll comment on those episodes later.

IMHO:

Ethan isn't learning like a child. He is processing any and all information as ABSOLUTES, not maybes...but in binary form...absolutely yes or absolutely no. Most children process in a "maybe" mode...what they learn maybe be right or wrong...only their parents, interactions with their peers, and what the observe around them solidify each decision. Ethan hears at the Museum that the Neanderthals became extinct because Humans became the Superior Species...they could adapt quicker and more efficiently...just like Ethan when compared to Humans. Ethan considers himself more superior to his creators because he can adapt and do more than them. You're starting to see this behavior already.

The "blue energy" is just one facet of the new information we are all learning. Remember that Hideki Yasumoto only has a known finite life expectancy. How does he know exactly the length? Perhaps he is NOT HUMAN...or at least an alternate version of the "blue energy" inhabiting humans...perhaps he is "red energy"? I am sure we'll learn more about this in future episodes. (Perhaps red=evil and blue=good? Or it may not be that simple?)

The Blue Energy has issues trying to comprehend the human mind. Its influence is rather hit-or-miss. Some go insane and others seem to be better candidates. Some people seeing someone whom they know is dead...just go bonkers...or so Hollywood-made movies & tv shows say. I'm sorry...but if my dead friend Jim Flannery (who was crushed instantly as he slept by a fully loaded 18-wheeler truck&trailer) appeared to me, I would NOT go listening to him as if "Hey Jim, What's UP?" I wouldn't get brain-freeze. "Oh, you want me to kill another guy...sure!" Hollywood!

Two things determine what we think in our brains...chemicals and energy. Blue energy can influence one aspect..but then the chemicals react to the change...our bodies try to auto-correct the change...look how Google auto-correct messes up...same thing!

As for the symbol: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollonian_gasket

Lets discuss them further! -)

TQQdles™

Last edited:

Noldor

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok...I saw the last two shows...ask your questions!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I feel so inadequate..
The blue energy is the "baby"? The hallucinations are what exactly? Not hallucinations. I'm just lost.

Noldor

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So the setup:

It is like 100 years in the future. We've invented anti-gravity, everything works on a different form of power, and robots are accepted in our daily lives.

The US government has been exploring in outer space. They found something on an asteroid which they couldn't explain. They also noticed some anomalies in certain sectors of space. So they devised a plan to send astronauts to those sectors to see what would happen.

The blue energy is a life-force/life-form. Something that doesn't follow our knowledge of physics. And as humans, we want to undertand and CONTROL that energy/life-force...as we do with everything else. If it is beyond our current knowledge or can't be controlled, IT MUST BE DESTROYED!

So they send a few floating experiment space platforms up to see what happens. They find out that any multi-person crews end up killing each other. So they send up a single male...and eventually a single female. They are all basically human lab rats..lets see what happens.

The show today:
The "blue energy" interacts with a human female. It causes the female to enter a reproductive cycle and it impregnates the embryo with its "energy". The child is growing up in a human body...but with an alien energy. The body needs nutrients to grow...as all humans do. The "blue energy" needs electrical energy (what our bodies naturally creates) to grow.

Since the "blue energy" is in the baby, it can influence what our brains process...to a certain degree. Since our senses are merely electrical impulses in our brains, they can control what we see/feel/taste/hear/etc. So yeah, the hallucinations are merely what our brains are telling us are "there" when they are not. And the "blue energy" can rewire out brain synapses after it feeds on us...but it tends to destroy any independent thought-processes. They can reprogram us...much like Cults reprogram how people process thoughts...remove the individual and control the input.

I wonder where the actions of the "blue energy" are leading?

TQQdles™

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Ok so the blue energy showed up as a baby in the ultrasound and looked human enough, but then they took it out and at that point did it leave the human part of itself behind and is just energy again?

Noldor

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The baby is the reproduction system for a human. The blue energy is in the baby. Consider this: the baby's body needs food to survive. But it's personality has been replaced by the blue energy...which needs to feed off of human energy.

When you see images from the baby's point of view, it is hazy and fuzzy. It is the blue energy trying to use human eyes...which it is not familiar on how they work...it will learn as the baby body evolves/grows up. Babies don't naturally see 20/20 after birth...it takes a while for the optic nerves and brain to develop the connecting systems.

Evidently, the blue energy can change states of mass...using some strange mass-to-energy conversion. So the mist in the chamber was the blue energy changing the baby's biological tissue into another form...to try to escape captivity. It took a lot of energy to do that change...it had to reform back into solid mass once it left the chamber...that is why it need help to fully escape the building.

It took over the technician's mind when he entered the chamber, had him crawl into the incubation crypt, fed off him, and had him close the lid. He was alive in there until he was shot and killed.

I'm waiting for the latest show...like Johnny 5, I NEED MORE INPUT! -)

TQQdles™

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Ok after the last episode I am back into it and understand better.
It started getting a little too far "out there" for me, but it reeled back and now I am sucked in again.

GasaiYuno

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I tried watching the first few episodes myself, and it just didn't seem like the show for me.

Noldor

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps you would rather like the show The Strain? -)

TQQdles™

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I'm watching The Strain as well. I really enjoy that one. So much better than vampires that sparkle and fall in love with pretty girls.

Noldor

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never watched those types of vomit...er...varmit...er....vampire shows. I like my vampires evil and scary! -) The Strain has a bit of "zombie-esque" to it too. And as the newly created vampires evolve, it adds even more layers to the storylines...as shown when the people were rescued in the house. -)

Extant is kinda geting predictable and Halle Berry's character is just becoming unbelievable. She is very intelligent but stupid. Wise one moment and the next moment becomes a 10-year old with no wisdom. It is like the writers were struggling for plot lines OR the scripts are written via polls. -(

TQQdles™