• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Experimental Room?

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did the puzzle room.. and got the experimental gem. It says to use at the entrance to the experimental room. I did a search when I couldn't find it and found a thread on Stratics mentioning somewhere by the undead area. Is this in the undead just past the worms, or the one in the abyss itself?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, the one in the underworld with the two teleporters.

(unless something has changed at the last minute due to the pet dyes being pulled - can anyone confirm having found it?)

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any luck, because I'm clicking and clicking and maybe I just don't know what an entrance looks like. I'm so confused about this item.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found it...

*SPOILER*

Its between the pillars between the two sparkles. There is a hidden door.

Unfortunately, the puzzle kicked my ass and my timer ran out on my gem
*sniffs*

I went back, redid the first three puzzles and now I'm going to try again.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah, that puzzle is downright mean if you're not used to playing UO as a reflex-intensive game :)

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got the first two rooms down good.. the third room whomped on me something awful... I think its because I made it more complicated than it had to be. Course my new idea came after my token timed out.

Now just gotta figure out if I want to torture myself through the 3 puzzles again to try again or not! (Probably will after the two hour timer is up)

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
After an hour of working it, I finally finished the puzzle...and I got an easel for it...a special easel...

Are you friggen kidding me? lol

If I were on my death bed, because I'd gotten hit by a bus, and the NYTimes came to interview me (because I'm that special), and if the NYTimes interviewer asked me to name a moment of my life as the biggest waste of time ever, this is the moment I would choose. lol :lol:

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Maybe if it was a -20 SC no pen easel with 15 dci and dragon breath. :-D

I know I should be thrilled...I just get more excited about rewards when they kill stuff. You understand. :-D

lol

O'siris

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well i got to the room but the red and blue squares do not seem to register that im standing in them, i have no problem with the white and pink, im confused

ok turns out im dumb and didnt understand what i was supposed to do. finished it though Teleport FTW!

O

Ooguk [Cove]

I was finally able to beat the puzzle that is a mix between hopscotch, and Simon Says, But opposite.. Its the most frustrating thing u can do in this game It took me 2 tries. You have to first get the experimental Gem which is very easy just trial and error. Once you have the gem that is when u can enter the final puzzle. If you make it through u get a random reward.. I got a Plucked Chicken which im happy with, it wil look good locked down in my house haha. Good luck with this quest my prediction is u will have a few holes in ur walls before u are done but dont give up!

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone that can do that ****ing color puzzle ****... Deserves to win UO... My guildie and I said FORGET IT!

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The first 2 rooms go ok for me but the 3th! ARghhhhhhhh ! hehe

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I'll bite...which puzzle is this particular one, and where do I go to begin it? So far I'm doing so badly with the new puzzles, I may as well go for this particular annoyance too.

First you need to solve the 3 puzzles in that room near the entrance. You need that blue key to enter it. When you solved it you get a gem. Then you have to go to the secret room .The room with the undead and 2 teleporters. Between the 2 teleporters is the secret door. There is this Experimental room.
Read the Book carefully for instructions! :)

V

Velandra

Anyone that can do that ****ing color puzzle ****... Deserves to win UO... My guildie and I said FORGET IT!
OMG Tesla! I win UO!

I have done the puzzle on 6 characters (7th is red so she can't join the fun). Gotten a wall, chainmail leggings, stalagmites (x2), flowstone (x2)

I can't wait until tomorrow when I can do them again :p

BloodRavenFL

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG Tesla! I win UO!

I have done the puzzle on 6 characters (7th is red so she can't join the fun). Gotten a wall, chainmail leggings, stalagmites (x2), flowstone (x2)

I can't wait until tomorrow when I can do them again :p

Me and Tesla sat there for 2 hours trying to do that damn puzzle. I kept getting to the 3rd room and getting wtfpwned.

>_<

K

katluma

How are you solving these puzzles so consistently over and over again? are you psychic or is there some strategy we are missing??? and yes I agree you won UO!

Corpse

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The puzzle room ( with 3 gold boxes) is quite easy just a memory game.
( i thought i wasnt going to be able to do the khauldun style third puzzle) Usally finish these 3 in 5 mins or less.

The Experimental room I failed on last night, But tried again in the morning and passed on first try :D it gets confusing in the last room, but after trying and trying over again you get the hang of it. Just use teleport for faster solving.

Prizes: have only gotten stalagmites so far, going to try again in bit.

N

Nastia Cross

The first puzzle room can be a bit challenging, so I advise writing things down. For the first two I wrote down the directions (up, down, left, right) because I'm very forgetful. For the third one, its all about plugging in the different colors and process of elimination. I'm familiar with these kinds of puzzles so I was prepared (and happy that we were given unlimited tries to get it right hehe). The Experimental Room was a real pain first go round because I didn't read the instruction book (shame on me). When I finally did, it was super easy (teleport with 2/6 casting) until I got to the third room. OMG not only did it speed up, but it was longer. I got so frustrated last night that I threw in the towel. I'm making this priority number 1 when I get online tonight.

Has anyone gotten any of the rewards other than the deco pieces (the 30 ingredients, or the 3.0 SOT to be specific)?

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Man I'm not doing this right. I'm teleporting when it says the name above my head, waiting when it doesn't, I dismounted since I saw the stable down there, nothing is working for me. It recognizes Warm and Cold but then I'm screwed when it changes.

If anyone has time to break it down to me like I'm a small child I'd be most obliged, rofl.

Ahh edit, my guildmate Belle taught me how to do it :) you just go to the OPPOSITE color...doh :)

Big Wang

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Love the puzzles..their pretty awesome! Took my awhile to get hang of them to begin with but pretty easy now.

Click to zoooooooom in on pictures..this by far is my favorite reward I've gotten.

Attachments