• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Expansions Poll

What type of Expansion Would be Best?

• A Expansion that Adds new Content.

Votes: 21 55.3%
  • A Expansion That Enhances what we allready have.

Votes: 17 44.7%

• Total voters

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What Would you personaly prefer, a Expansion that Adds new content or an expansion that enhances what we allready have?

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
definitely new content, the same stuff over and over everyday gets so boring

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
definitely new content, the same stuff over and over everyday gets so boring
But what if it all changed like over night, Just think you recall into your fav dungon and the creatures have new stuff stonger or weaker, diiferent art ect...

All new but the same place no hours of trying to read where to get a new wep or item ect....
But i would enjoy new stuff too, Everyones got thoughts and thats what i am trying to get
is them thoughts...hehe

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Er, so we'd go into a dungeon, and if we'd payed for the expansion we'd get different items by killing the same monsters?

Wouldn't that mean more research then if new monsters were introduced? I mean, in that case, it's fairly obvious how the new drops are obtained...

Frankly I'd prefer bug fixes over either option.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An expansion should always enhance what we already have. If the new stuff doesn't add another option as to how to do what we already love, it doesn't belong in UO.

That said... if the expansion doesn't also add new content... why is it an expansion and not being done by the live team?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Expansions should always "expand" the game. They are where new skills, races, lands, etc are to be.

The Live Team are the ones who should be looking at CURRENT content in the game, taking content that has become stale and either updating or cycling such content out of the game in favor of fresh content.

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just remeber that last one it came out and had so many bugs, that took time away from the live team to fix em, and that left old bugs forgetten....

U

UltimaSword

An expansion should add new content. A publish should enhance what we have.

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
how about this for a third option. New stuff that enhances what we already have. I need new quests like the ones we have been having. It is new but it is enhancing the old play. :blushing:what can i say, i want my cake and I want to eat it too.

C

Connor_Graham

What Would you personaly prefer, a Expansion that Adds new content or an expansion that enhances what we allready have?
You're talking about 2 different things.

By definition, an Expansion expands on what is already present.

The other term you've mistakenly labeled as "expansion", is actually what would be a Live Update.

While a Live Update could definitely "expand" on the game, an Expansion is by definition required to have new content.