• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Buying] Evil Mage Cloth Hue 1109

G

Gunga_Din

If anyone has some bolts saved up etc, please let me know. Think the hue was 1109. You got them off evil mages before factions were introduced.

Thanks.

I could use some Zog Cloth as well.

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He wants this because he is evil. Someone told he is evil, so perhaps that person was right.

CrazyNinja

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Where can I get a hue checker? I have a double blessed tunic that I believe is evil mage but I am unsure how to tell.

A

ashDC

I may have some evil mage items on great lakes and i believe i have some zog items plus 300 yards of zog cloth also. I am not 100% sure but if you are interested you can take a look at it and see for yourself.

ICQ 387104118

C

ChReuter

If anyone has some bolts saved up etc, please let me know. Think the hue was 1109. You got them off evil mages before factions were introduced.

Thanks.

I could use some Zog Cloth as well.
It doesn't really matter, and regardless your comment is still accurate, but the cloth was removed around the UO:R expansion. I can't remember if it was pre or post, but I'm thinking pre.

The real reason I'm replying is because I'm curious, I was told by someone that this hue was attainable at some point since the removal of the original evil mage lord robes. If so, was it by legal means? I have seen people buying bolts of cloth which looked to be of the same hue in Luna on atl, one of the sellers even telling me it was original cloth he farmed himself. (Which was obviously a lie as the original cloth did not come in bolts)

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You are right about the cloth being able to be obtained after the fact...

An exploit took place that took "Thrasher`s Tail" (and a ton of other items) and turned them into a "Flax Bundle" (the original item form) from there it could then be turned into bolts of cloth which replicated the original Evil Mage Cloth Hue.

Neutron Bomb

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not think the hue of thrasher and real evil mage are the same. I have compared the two and had a slight different shade.

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I do not think the hue of thrasher and real evil mage are the same. I have compared the two and had a slight different shade.
They very well could be, I have never compared side by side under a microscope... but the "fake replicated" mage cloth that flooded luna awhile back was from the thrasher...

Gospel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This hue has been an obsession of mine for roughly 10 years so I will share my opinion and knowledge.

Of the old school items the robe from the mage and the leprechaun boots from around the same era were the only non-crafted wearable items of that hue.

I had 2 pieces of authentic evil mage cloth and they stacked with the thrasher cloth.

The tokuno pigment shadow dancer black is the same hue.

The robes themselves (the double-blessed ones) that still survive are ridiculously rare, indeed I've been trying to purchase one for several years with absolutely no luck. The only people I know of that own them are Vladimir and Oblivion on Atlantic, and Oblivion's is no doubt tainted by the blood of innocents.

To the OP, I have quite a bit of the cloth, send me a PM.

shalanria

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are right about the cloth being able to be obtained after the fact...

An exploit took place that took "Thrasher`s Tail" (and a ton of other items) and turned them into a "Flax Bundle" (the original item form) from there it could then be turned into bolts of cloth which replicated the original Evil Mage Cloth Hue.
I still have some yards of the true evil mage cloth plus some clothing. Some of those items are double blessed and some are not blessed at all. The true evil mage color has never been copied although some cloth has been similar. If anyone needs to compare, send me a pm. This cloth has been in my possession from day one when it was obtainable.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think i have some evil mage robes (didnt know about the dupe but they are very old) i dont really want to sell them tho unless for the right price.

Now im going off topic, but is there another type of cloth? People have commented on a kimono i made from cloth i bought right at the release of SE, and i still have a few pieces left. Always wondered what this type of cloth was, wish i could post a pic but im dumb and dont know how. I've heard it described as "nightmare cloth," and it was relatively pricey even back in SE.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
like many folks who collect various hues of cloth, ie: most of us, I tossed my thrasher cloth into the same bag as my 3 yards of mage robe cloth and ended up with 1 pile.

shalanria

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
like many folks who collect various hues of cloth, ie: most of us, I tossed my thrasher cloth into the same bag as my 3 yards of mage robe cloth and ended up with 1 pile.
I would be interested in getting a yard of your cloth to see if it stacks with mine. Did you get your evil mage cloth yourself or did you buy it from someone?

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there any way to know the hue of the cloth items?