• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Evil Lord SMuRFY Strikes Again

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OOC: Let me preface this by admitting, I'm still getting used to the idea of taking screen shots. As of now, I suck. If someone has some system in place or method they can share for how they remember to take lots of screen shots, it would be appreciated.

In Character:

Thievin' ain't easy, but I sure make it look good.

I returned to the scene of my last crime, a creature of habit, I've learned people rarely learn. The EM Event hall, my new favorite hang out.

Mr. Helios chose to host a sheep battle. I like lamb and I like robbing Helios. It made sense to attend.

There were 3 obvious competitors. Sam and Kaika had bonded and trained sheep. El DaNgel had trained one at the event.

I admit off the bat, sam and el dangel had paid their monthly GOR extortion bills. I'll ignore them...

As long as they keep paying anyway....

I began the event like I always do. I snooped everyone and it went like it always does....

Insured, Blessed, Garbage, Boring, Insured, Blessed, Heavy, Garbage....

Mr. Helios brought a friend today, Mr. Ikaris.

I walked up to Mr. Helios... I stealthily began peeking...

Insured, Blessed, Garbage, Boring, Insured, Blessed, Heavy, Garbage....
FEH!!! Nothing....

Mr. Helios informed me, we would not see a repeat performance and suddenly, I could no longer look at his belongings. Something about him being a newbie or something... I ceased to care what messages he had for me since he had nothing valuable for me.

Mr. Ikaris, I walked up to him in plain sight, and it was the same as Mr. Helios' pack. Junk.... And he began to lecture me about respecting peoples things so I ignored him and walked away from him.

Kaika would have to win me a prize tonight, it was the only chance I'd get.

And then it was announced...

El DaNgel in third.....
Damn...

Sam in first....
Ughhhh....

Kaika in second....
::Grin::

I disappeared from sight and walked up to Kaika.
Mr. Helios banned me from the EM Event Arena as soon as I approached her.
My friends inside unbanned me...
Mr. Helios banned me from the EM Event Arena again.
My friends inside unbanned me again...
blah blah... This was repeated like 4 more times...

Still no prizes for being best thief ever.... I will NOT be denied my trophy...

I'm not sure what happened next but suddenly everyone rushed from the safety of the arena...

It's like they wanted to make sure I got my trophy...

I walked up to Kaika in plain sight...

I opened her pack and saw some very pretty new sheep shears...
Those weren't there before....

They are clearly not hers. I'll make sure someone that deserves them gets them...

----day dream----
Evil Lord SMuRFY: You look like you could use some new sheep shears...
Highest Bidder: OMGOOOOOSEES TAKE MY HUNDRED MILLZ AND GIMME!!!
Evil Lord SMuRFY: Yes sir, hand the checks to my personal banker. Enjoy your pretty new sheep shears.

----/end day dream----

Oh right... I have to steal them first...

::YOINK::

Thanks Kaika...

Next time Kaika, Pay Your Taxes.

S

Sneaky T

Thanks for making me laugh again! Those EM's never learn! Bahahahahahaha

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OOC: Let me preface this by admitting, I'm still getting used to the idea of taking screen shots. As of now, I suck. If someone has some system in place or method they can share for how they remember to take lots of screen shots, it would be appreciated.
I always had an itchy screen capture finger when it came to pics. I always used to have 50-200 pics every time I logged on. You only really need to do 2 things:

1. Dialogue - People say the funniest things. Whenever people start talking, my finger is just hovering over my screen capture key and I basically catch every word they say.
  2. The Heist - For every victim, I got in the habit of getting a shot of their paper doll, their backpack, the item while it was inside their pack, the steal with the "You successfully steal the item" prompt still on screen, and me running away. That's 5 shots minimum for every steal. You just start doing it automatically after a while. I know I missed a bunch of stuff while I had my cursor over the item, waiting for the tag to pop up to take a shot, but it was worth it.

As long as you take screen shots of those 2 things, the rest don't really matter.

:scholar:

S

Shinobi

Hahaha, I literally laughed out loud. Your stories are making me remember good times. I might need to get back in the game.

Don't sell the EM items Omnius, collect and create a trophy wall of other players' trophies. When it gets full, people will stare at it in awe, lol.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm a classical UO thief. Will do "thief" things for money...

That being said. I'm actually using the funding to build thieves on multiple shards. I now have 3 functioning thieves and will have more.

Speaking of... Does anyone have supplies for thieves on shards they'd sell or could provide?

I'm speaking of jewelry with stealing/stealth/ninja
burgalar's bandanas
+10 stealth cloaks
Shadow Dancer leggings

I need those things to speedily make a thief on a shard. they're my foundation items for any new thief char.