• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Event Moderators

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Everyone,

I want to thank everyone that has sent in their applications and the great stories I have read (and still reading). I would like to answer a few questions that I am being asked alot.

1. Yes you have to be 18 years old to apply.
2. You will not be able to work on the same shard you play on. (Siege and Europe might be an exception)
3. All the questions have to be answered.
4. You do not have to live in the US to apply.
5. I have been asked alot of questions about the tools that will be available to EM's. Lets cross that bridge when we get to it please.
6. We will have a main EM and a back up EM for each shard. The shard rule applies to both the main and the back up EM.

We will be posting the names when the final decision is made so please start thinking of a good EM name.

Mesanna

Mesanna

VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just wanted to clarify that I’ve never been an EM – practically everything else but not an EM. =)

Many of you have asked us if this is a paid position or not, we’ve still got some final documentation to clear up with our legal department and then we will be able to give out a some extra details to everyone.

The other shards such as Europe and a few others with different time zones, those are all under discussion, We do not want anyone to have to stay up till 1 or 2 in the morning to attend an event on their shard. We know everyone needs their beauty sleep *grins*

This program is not going to be run like the past EM program, there will be plenty of improvements. We will be giving everyone support and there will be strict documentation and approval for all reward items.

I appreciate all of your feedback and yes I will listen to any suggestions about what you think would make the EM program the best it can be.

Take Care!

Mesanna

Mesanna

VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Everyone,

The deadline for all applications will be the 17th of November. Please send in your applications before then.

After speaking to our Legal department yesterday I was given the ok to let you guys know, yes this is a paid contract position.

I have received several emails asking if there would be programing involved with this job. There isn't any programing required just creativity and a good personality.

Mesanna

Mesanna

VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to make sure everyone is clear on this point..We would NEVER post anyone's real name.

Mesanna

Mesanna

VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have good news and bad news!

We have chosen the 30 applications and assigned them to specific shards. That was the good news *grins*

The bad news is we still can't send out the good news to anyone as of yet because we have not finalized all the legal paperwork. As soon as we do we will be posting the details.

Happy Holidays to all!

Mesanna

Mesanna

VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you confirm to us if EM's on Oceania will be Oceaniac, same for Europa ect?
We have chosen the best people for each shard, I don't think anyone will be unhappy with the decisions that have been made so far. *grins*

Mesanna

VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You overestimate EAmythic. For all we know it could be a shift worker in America.
Hello Everyone,

There will not be any event run on any shard that will keep you up past lets say 9 or 10pm. The goal is to have events run that will not keep anyone from getting to bed at a reasonable hour. We have looked at the mistakes made in the past and are trying our best not to make those again.

Mesanna

Mesanna

VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to be sure, is that "9-10 PM" based on local time wherever the server physically is?

These times will be based on each shards time zones. For example, Europa will not have an EM that can only run events at 10 pm their time. We want to have events that everyone can attend not just a few night owls.

Mesanna

Mesanna

VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings Everyone,

Please check your email including your junk mail filters. We need to get a confirmation if you have received an email from [email protected].

Since time is short and we would really like to get moving if everyone has not responded by Wednesday we will have to chose alternative EM's.

So please please check your emails!

Thanks,

Mesanna

C

Cal_Mythic

So everyone knows we are still waiting on a couple of EMs to send in their documentation, and still require final signatures in house before we can release the names. Sorry for the delay. As you know we are only a few miles from D.C. so I think the Red Tape has an amplified jurisdiction. :)