• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Event Fiction] Orcs..Orcs..Everywhere, but not a drop to drink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The air within the tent was stale with the rank odor of rotten flesh. Tavalia Zodok looked around and tried to focus. Bodies. Lots of them. How long had she been unconscious? Everything was a blur, her torso burned...

Lord Derrick Mornwok coursed over the post that lay in front of him. The disaster at Magincia had left his Great Uncle Archibald's estate completely destroyed. Derrick had since thought the estate, along with many of his Great Uncle's prized treasures were lost. Only now had he learned that luck would have it and many of the great heirlooms Archibald held, as well as some of the more exotic effects he'd collected over the years sat safely in storage. He ordered them delivered to his estate at once.

Scarlet Von Trinsic traced the path of the Courier as he walked between the tall hedges of Mornwok Estate. Once in earshot she let out an unmistakable, "Psst!" The Courier turned and without hesitation Scarlet threw up a nod and tossed her long brown hair across her delicate shoulders. "What you carrying handsome?" Scarlet questioned him in a soft tone and traced the outline of his shirt with her finger. She could already see his eyes were transfixed on her. This wasn't going to be difficult at all.
"Uhh, post from Lord Mornwok...official correspondence to the Queen." His voice quivered. She pressed her lips against his and gently slid her hand down his shaking arm. She reached into his satchel and with the touch of a feather lifted the rolled parchment from his person. She broke the kiss and playfully batted at his hat. He smiled and stumbled on his way. Scarlet unraveled the parchment taking care to keep the seal in place for it's eventual delivery. She scanned it quickly and turned back to the impressive outline of Mornwok Estate. She smiled, adjusted her fedora, and set off dancing through the dwindling shadows of the Vesper twilight...

Drake Foxx grunted to the sound of a courier at his door, "On the desk!" He fell back asleep to awaken once more only a short while later to the voice of Gwen Irina, "Commander Foxx, reporting as ordered!" He pulled himself out of the rack and made himself decent. At his desk First Lieutenant Gwen Irina stood at attention, "At ease, Lieutenant." He sipped the Mandrake Tea while making sense of his desk. Atop a rather large stack of parchment sat a post from Lord Derrick Mornwok. His tea went immediately sour.
"Sir, I am anxious to be returning to the Capital and eagerly await assignment. As you know I have extensive training and feel confident in my abilities to face any challenge your Lordship may bestow upon me, Sir!" Gwen rambled on. Foxx had stopped listening and simply shoved the post from Derrick Mornwok unto her.

"See that this is taken care of. Dismissed Lieutenant..."

The body of this event will be held in Felucca. However, we will be initially meeting in Trammel. The event begins at 8pm ET. You may choose to join Scarlet Von Trinsic in the Basement of the Artist's Guild [TRAM], located directly behind the West Britain Bank in Britain or you may choose to join The Royal Guard and Gwen Irina in the Courtyard of Castle British [TRAM] near the stables. *Special note to murderers*...the area will be heavily defended by a detachment of Her Majesty's Royal Guard. While it is not advisable to challenge the Royal Guard, you may do so at your own peril *grin*

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Re: [Even Fiction] Orcs..Orcs..Everywhere, but not a drop to drink?

The air within the tent was stale with the rank odor of rotten flesh. Tavalia Zodok looked around and tried to focus. Bodies. Lots of them. How long had she been unconscious? Everything was a blur, her torso burned...

Lord Derrick Mornwok coursed over the post that lay in front of him. The disaster at Magincia had left his Great Uncle Archibald's estate completely destroyed. Derrick had since thought the estate, along with many of his Great Uncle's prized treasures were lost. Only now had he learned that luck would have it and many of the great heirlooms Archibald held, as well as some of the more exotic effects he'd collected over the years sat safely in storage. He ordered them delivered to his estate at once.

Scarlet Von Trinsic traced the path of the Courier as he walked between the tall hedges of Mornwok Estate. Once in earshot she let out an unmistakable, "Psst!" The Courier turned and without hesitation Scarlet threw up a nod and tossed her long brown hair across her delicate shoulders. "What you carrying handsome?" Scarlet questioned him in a soft tone and traced the outline of his shirt with her finger. She could already see his eyes were transfixed on her. This wasn't going to be difficult at all.
"Uhh, post from Lord Mornwok...official correspondence to the Queen." His voice quivered. She pressed her lips against his and gently slid her hand down his shaking arm. She reached into his satchel and with the touch of a feather lifted the rolled parchment from his person. She broke the kiss and playfully batted at his hat. He smiled and stumbled on his way. Scarlet unraveled the parchment taking care to keep the seal in place for it's eventual delivery. She scanned it quickly and turned back to the impressive outline of Mornwok Estate. She smiled, adjusted her fedora, and set off dancing through the dwindling shadows of the Vesper twilight...

Drake Foxx grunted to the sound of a courier at his door, "On the desk!" He fell back asleep to awaken once more only a short while later to the voice of Gwen Irina, "Commander Foxx, reporting as ordered!" He pulled himself out of the rack and made himself decent. At his desk First Lieutenant Gwen Irina stood at attention, "At ease, Lieutenant." He sipped the Mandrake Tea while making sense of his desk. Atop a rather large stack of parchment sat a post from Lord Derrick Mornwok. His tea went immediately sour.
"Sir, I am anxious to be returning to the Capital and eagerly await assignment. As you know I have extensive training and feel confident in my abilities to face any challenge your Lordship may bestow upon me, Sir!" Gwen rambled on. Foxx had stopped listening and simply shoved the post from Derrick Mornwok unto her.

"See that this is taken care of. Dismissed Lieutenant..."

The body of this event will be held in Felucca. However, we will be initially meeting in Trammel. The event begins at 8pm ET. You may choose to join Scarlet Von Trinsic in the Basement of the Artist's Guild [TRAM], located directly behind the West Britain Bank in Britain or you may choose to join The Royal Guard and Gwen Irina in the Courtyard of Castle British [TRAM] near the stables. *Special note to murderers*...the area will be heavily defended by a detachment of Her Majesty's Royal Guard. While it is not advisable to challenge the Royal Guard, you may do so at your own peril *grin*
Thursday, June 17th @ 8pm ET an event geared towards the skills of the Rogue will be held. Details to follow. This will be in Felucca!

Won't this be a conflict?

Elijah Cross

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thursday, June 17th @ 8pm ET an event geared towards the skills of the Rogue will be held. Details to follow. This will be in Felucca!

Won't this be a conflict?

Saturday, June 19th @ 8pm ET the Royal Guard will attempt to rescue Tavalia Zodok from her captors. Watch for fiction and further details!

No conflict, Rogue event tonight (6/17) and Zodok event Saturday night (6/19).

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

No conflict, Rogue event tonight (6/17) and Zodok event Saturday night (6/19).

Elijah Cross

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ok, so the Zodok event largely takes place in Felucca on the 19th, still no conflict. (Correction via Dudley: This is a Trammel event, only tonight's rogue event is in Felucca).

The rogue event also takes place in Felucca but on the 17th, tonight according to Dudley.

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The Rogue event is in Fel...the only place you can steal.

The Tavalia Zodok rescue will be a Trammel event.

The title is a bit of...well it's a bit of something...*winks*

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Fun event but extremely poor judgment. Pitting Thieves against PvPers....

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator

Event was sorta nice but putting thieves against Guards, Reds and Blue players was a horrible idea. Wasted hours and insurance gold being on the thief side. Had zero fun during the whole thing except the End. I had fun at the end because we got to interact with the RP character.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Event was sorta nice but putting thieves against Guards, Reds and Blue players was a horrible idea. Wasted hours and insurance gold being on the thief side. Had zero fun during the whole thing.
That's kinda what I ment, it's hard to deal with raids, on top of NPC's that attack on site.

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

That's kinda what I ment, it's hard to deal with raids, on top of NPC's that attack on site.
This was an unforeseen behavior on the part of that NPC. They usually only attack reds, apparently they also have a taste for Faction Member blood. We removed the majority of them at the beginning of the event.

As far as the rest of the dynamic, unfortunately the only place you can steal is in Felucca and with Felucca comes, well, Felucca. As I said at the Hall of Commons, you have to take Felucca for what its worth. That means there is going to be the chance that reds will raid. There is going to be the chance for PvP. Was this a challenging event, yes. It is not supposed to easy. Playing the part of the thief you are constantly at odds with Guards, whether they be NPC or PC, as well as murderers. So while I understand where the frustrations of being challenged come from, there isn't a whole lot of wiggle room when it comes to suiting specific requests for specific events that have specific requirements in their execution.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator

This was an unforeseen behavior on the part of that NPC. They usually only attack reds, apparently they also have a taste for Faction Member blood. We removed the majority of them at the beginning of the event.

As far as the rest of the dynamic, unfortunately the only place you can steal is in Felucca
You can steal from NPCs in trammel. Just snooped a monk and stole his bandages in Trammel. The items we were suppose to steal could be insured so its not like a thief was going to steal from a thief.

Sorry to be a jerk but the Devs ruined PvP and PvM with the mysticism spells. If you noticed during the orc attacks last night, the mysticism players took your spawn down in minutes. Didn't matter how many brutes and whatever else you spawned.

Playing against the odds is one thing but playing against Town Guards, players with over powered spells that drop you in two hits and some players who run cheats is not my idea of fun.

To that you can say its your choice to come or not. My choice is to never come to that type of event again. If people enjoy a slaughter then more power to 'em

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To clarify, Felucca is the only place you can steal within a city setting and still have the threat of getting Guardwhacked, which was part of the event dynamic.

I would never tell anyone, "it's your choice to come or not." If you have suggestions for future stealing events that might better suit the desires of more casual thief players you may e-mail me at [email protected].

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Can steal stuff out of Chests and barrels in guards territory

Opps sorry didn't see the last part of your message.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Can steal stuff out of Chests and barrels in guards territory

Opps sorry didn't see the last part of your message.
No you can get Guard Wacked in tram as well, did plenty of it training to start with.

It's not Fel I had issue with, it was the additional guard NPC's. Once most were removed things moved along, but they were attacking anyone Faction or Not, Red or Blue, and they seemed to move rather quickly come to think of it they hit harder than most players would as well that was my main issue. Mainly because some were even named as being "Von Trinisic Thug" meaning they were on the side of the thieves, and half of them got wacked coming out the gate by them.

Let me put it this way, if I'm stealing at a spawn, there is never anything I can't easily outrun, other than a player perhaps. Having NPC's that could move as fast as me on Foot, combined with reds there purely to disrupt made things difficult, not impossible but difficult, and from what others were saying it turned many of them off.

Like I said I had fun, but wanted to provide some constructive criticism, it's always a good thing.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
No you can get Guard Wacked in tram as well, did plenty of it training to start with.
Yes I know you can get guard whacked. He asked for suggestions to keep the guard whacking in. Its great you are such a good felucca thief and can steal from fel spawns. Most of our thieves now a days are geared towards spawning artifacts. Not everyone wants to do your interpretation of a thief and same goes for my interpretation. At least suggestions can be offered and perhaps have options for different thief styles. I'm not trying to speak for you but I am speaking for myself and some thieves from the towns I belong to.

Status
Not open for further replies.