• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[EVE-vents]: Darkwood PVP Arenas

• Thread starter Eleanora [EVE]
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
E

Eleanora [EVE]

Hi folks,

having watched the boards over the last few months and seeing numerous attempts to organise things pvp events wise, [EVE] has decided to have one last crack at putting a PVP arena together. Having just relocated my fel castle, it was the time to have another attempt at it. The arena's are open to all players on the shard, only this format requires YOU to organise the matches. The details are as follows:

<center>
EVE-vents Darkwood PVP Arenas

</center>

This facility will be available upon request when you have a need to flex your muscles or prove a point! It is up to you to get the participants together and contact either MissEcho (The Emporium SW Luna), Thane or myself for access.

ARENA USE DETAILS

The Darkwood Arenas are available to any players on shard both red and blue from any guild.

Pick up will be from West Britain Bank in Felucca and from Luna in Trammel.

Cost per participant will be 25k per MATCH (payment to be made at bank prior to gating, spectators are free entry.) The winning participant or team will collect the losing sides entry fee. So the result is nil cost to the winning side. [EVE] will retain the difference to go towards future prizes and events.

A completed MATCH, will be best of 5 bouts, each bout will be started by [EVE] Event Managers.

The duration of each bout will not exceed five minutes. If there is no kill in this time then the bout will be deemed a draw, if a team match then the team with most participants alive at the end of 5 minutes will be deemed the winner.

RANKINGS

Participant results will be recorded on the PVP Tally Boards against the type of arena used. This will be maintained by [EVE] Event Managers after each match, or group of matches on any one day, and will reflect the accurate result for the match for future bragging rights and challenges *smiles*. [EVE] staff will party all participants and determine winners from the kill record in journals. [EVE] staff have no affiliation with any guilds or groups so are only acting as the facilitators for the matches.

Individual Player 1 v 1 matches will have their own ranking board per arena type.

For ranking purposes, teams must play under a 'Team Name' whereby the individual members may change, but the number of members may not, eg, a 4 player per team match may enter as the team name 'Awesome Foursome' from this point on this team may change individual team participants, however if competing in that team 'name' for ranking purposes it must always have 4 members. At least one member of the team must be a player from the original team which first competed under that team name.

MATCH PARTICIPANTS &amp; RULES

It is up to you to organise the participants and contact [EVE] with a time to pick you up and grant access. Please ensure you are ready to go as we shall not wait more than 10 minutes for participants to arrive for gating. So if you have a 4 man team, then you need to organise another 4 man team to fight!

[EVE] Event Managers set no MATCH rules for what may or may not be used in each battle. Participants will agree beforehand as to any particular rules they wish to engage, ie: no pots etc, however EVE will not be responsible for any breaking of rules set by participants. The aim of the arena is to fight as you would in a field battle, in your regular armor using your regular equipment and skills. Recording will be based on the participants and type of arena used, not the rules participants may elect to play with.

The only RULE of the arena is that anyone attacking or abusing [EVE] staff, or being otherwise disruptive will result in a permanent ban of the character from the using the arena. This includes killing a participant before the official bout starts. The facility is for everyone's use and is provided so that a permanent PVP arena is available to all, and a permanent tally of impartially recorded match wins is maintained. If you can't abide by these rules or do not have the self discipline to act accordingly, please do not bother requesting a match. We really do not like to ban people from our venues.

It is the responsibility of the participants to ensure they have their own insurance funds and remove any backpack items they do not wish to lose prior to gating to the arenas. [EVE] staff will not be responsible for any looting of items so be warned, treat the bouts as you would just traveling in fel. Do not bring along what you cannot afford to lose. It is requested that participants do not loot, however, we will not be responsible for any losses.

Spectators are allowed for any matches and every effort will be made to ensure secure locations for viewing however, again, [EVE] will take no responsibility for any unforeseen death of a spectator.

THE ARENAS

There are three [3] different arena types for you to select from. The three types will remain exactly as they are laid out for all matches as run under the participant system above.

Should [EVE] Event Managers decide to run a special event in any of the arenas then additional objects or blockage spots may be implemented on a temporary basis, however, if altered the results for these events or matches will not form part of the tally boards.

Guilds who wish to use the arenas with customised set up may contact [EVE] and discuss additional walls, blocks, decorations as required for individual guild events. As above, any matches run with altered set up will not be included on the tally boards.

For a look at the Arenas and the Tally Board set up please visit Spellweave.com and follow the EVE-vents links to the Darkwood Arena page.

Don't forget, this is not designed for just reds/blues, pvp'ers, or those with any pvp experience at all. It is open to all, so if you and a friend, or group of friends either in the same guild, alliance or different guilds wish to come and have a go and get your name in the rankings then contact MissEcho (icq 26-471-683), Thane or myself contacts on the spellweave site.

E

Eleanora [EVE]

<blockquote><hr>

Assume for a second that people are going to use this venue, If I were you I would relocate it as close to a guardzone as possible. Like -REALLY- close. Any further than 1-2 screens from a GZ and the clientele may have trouble showing up alive.

It might be better if you do this right from the start.

[/ QUOTE ]

It may be better if you don't voice such negative opinions before you understand the procedure for getting in there. The only way you will get close is if you have paid and I let you in. A guard zone is not needed at all as no one will be going anywhere on foot or via a door. That applies to participants and spectators alike, you are not talking to some green newb you know. So I suggest you maybe should understand that before making comments on what is right and wrong.

The only person on staff will be someone with 0 items and a robe, so it doesn't matter if the participants decide it is mature to kill them, it will just result in a permanent ban from every [EVE] venue and result in 0 loss for us as we have the 25k you paid to get in to perform the kill to start with and you will get 0 insurance. The spectators and participants will not be in the same place within the venue so the odds of participants and spectators even being able to have shots at each other are pretty much 0 as well.

Given the facility is for two groups who organise the groups themselves, as they wish to actually fight or duel then I would think there shouldn't really be much of a problem unless one group is only bothering to request an arena to grief the other group they organised or to kill a newb char who will be running it. In which case it will be done once, as after that their account will be banned from the premises, and is their loss, not ours. Once any griefers are banned then it will left for those who want to have fun and actually have some pvp that doesn't result in gang banging and provide a facility where guilds or friends can pvp with an impartial referee and which will provide a ranking system.

The other major difference between this attempt at providing an 'event' facility is the participants decide the time, not the organiser. So all the 'I would come but I have soccer that day' excuses are void. You have 4 players who wish to 2v2, they send an icq and if I am on, which is generally a lot more than most, they will be accessed in, fight, and go in the space of 30 mins. There is no set time or date, just when and if a couple of groups want to fight for ranking. Pretty simple I think.

The castle was selected to actually allow running room and mounts to try get as close to a 'real' experience as possible in an artificial location. No one is pretending pvp in a controlled environment is anything like field pvp, we are not, this is a venue for those who just want to have a bit of fun while fighting other players. All I know is that you see the requests for tournaments all the time but at the end of the day it is all talk and no action, certainly not any continuous action. Rather than be negative why don't you actually find someone you think you can beat and actually see if you can. At least it will be your rules, your dueling conditions and be reported on the tally as a win or loss to whoever was the actual winner. Rather than the 'wannabe' winner, or the one that got away story. Gee if your that good, perhaps if you sit at number 1 on the leader board you may actually get people who want to have a crack at you in a controlled environment where the facilitators have absolutely no allegiance to any guild. Any tournament organised by any pvp guild is always followed by it was 'corrupted' etc etc by the side organising it.

I think that our reputation for impartiality is well proven, it doesn't do us any good to be any other way. If you're not interested so be it, no one is forcing anyone to participate, the venue is there for use, if it isn't taken up in the spirit that is intended, then it will be used 100% for the other use the building has, a storage location for my junk, and we shall not bother with anything pvp related in fel again. I just hope that those who continually request pvp 'events' don't do what has happened to practically anyone who has ever tried to come to the party by attempting to host an impartial setting by doing the normal talk with no follow up or attending. I guess we shall see how serious all the talk is won't we?

You don't have to pvp to run a venue for pvp. The skills required to run an event are entirely different to the skills required to participate in it. Under this scheme the participants are the ones deciding the dueling 'rules' if any, so if they are not happy with them, well, that is their fault. The only thing we intend to do is manage the access, the start, call it finished after 5 mins per bout, and the recording of the result. I doubt you need any pvp skill to do that.

I guess at the end of the day it will be used or not, if not the tiny bit of deco goes back in a chest and the building becomes what it has been for the past 5 yrs. It does not matter to us either way. You can only attempt to try to organise fun things for people to do, you can't make them want to have fun or to participate. If this proves to be the case perhaps these boards will cease with the continuous requests for tournaments as it will be obvious that the request and the actual effort to participate will be at odds with each other.

I

imported_KvHokuto

woah girl, don't get your knickers in a knot I was just tryin to help you. Dunno why I bothered.

G

I gotta say Echo, as much as the idea is good, running it in a castle i don't think is the best idea. A castle doesn't allow the best area to fight in because of walls and roofs, it wouldnt appeal to me to fight in as the ground outside i think would be better. Its why people use wrong roof, its a bigger area, nowhere to run.

If you want people to use a facility that you set up, you have to make it better than the already available areas in the game.

E

Eleanora [EVE]

Well I have to disagree, to run any kind of tournament in fel that is open to the whole shard you have to have a reasonably secure location so those who do not wish to be griefed and pk'd over and over by the element on this shard who have nothing more important to do than grief others will always limit anyone attending.

Until the venue is tested, I don't think anyone can really comment but having a had a few people running around, given there are narrow areas, wide areas, ladders, corners etc, many entrances and exits, it is certainly better for a team match than wrong roof or the usual 18 x 18 arenas. The roof on a castle (16 x 9) is not much smaller than wrong roof (23 x 11) and has the same set up in that it has no escape once the ladder is moved.

I would suspect most 1 v 1 matches would be unmounted on the roof. Team matches can use any or all of the available areas including all roofs, and the whole upper floor. Team matches may be on mounts if the teams wish it is up to them to decided a team match either mounted or unmounted. You couldnt have two teams of 8 plus organisers having any kind of bout on wrong roof without it being over crowded.

The aim of this is not to provide pvp training, nor to provide field pvp, it is to provide a venue that I personally think is the most secure any venue in fel can be for people who wish to duel with people outside of guilds, friends, team and or 1 v 1 matches uninterrupted by griefers which will allow facilitators to provide a ranking system and maybe make people more interested in field pvp once they get used to player v player fighting. There is no way in wrong or the field this can happen at all without it becoming a total nightmare with griefers. You cannot even hold an event in trammel without risking some grief from the above, let alone in fel.

The fact is for anyone to run anything in fel, you know you will get griefed by the element I mentioned above. The lengths [EVE] has gone to to prevent this from happening are the most any group can do, I personally think it will be successful as far as stopping this element from disrupting any match in the arena.

You need to remember the arena use is by request by people who wish to duel, there are no advertised times or dates it will be organised over icq so any who wish to grief it will need to camp outside 24/7 and hope that someone shows up. Given the people attending will not be coming in via a door it wont matter anyway. With pretty much zero deco in the area other than a few pillars and the odd painting on the wall, the running areas are clear and I certainly have no problem galloping around inside on my mount. I find it easier to do laps of the castle floors and roofs than running around the trees and rocks and bushes in the field.

The other important point to note is this is also open to spectators, there are a lot of people who like to watch tournaments and duels who would not have any desire to stand in the open in fel, nor be a sitting duck on wrong roof for the first person who came along to take pot shots at. It may be that those more timid in fel, or just those newer players who do not have the skill to fight in fel could find this a good introduction and take the 'myth' of it all away. Dying in a battle with consent would allow newer players to get over the 'angst' of getting killed by another player which is half the problem most people have with felucca as a facet. The non consensual aspect of current pvp is what turns most people totally off it from the beginning and once they have a bad experience or two you lose them forever.

But I guess until people are prepared to actually give it a go, no one will know how effective or non effective it will be.

I just find it funny that the naysayers don't even test it before saying something won't work

G

Security is the thing that makes fel what it is. There shouldn't be any. I played in fel because anything could happen, anyone could attack you. If people want their security, they can just duel in tram with their guildies, risk free.

I "naysay" it because I had many duels mucking around in my castles, every time I got frustrated with people hiding behind the walls of the castle to heal and whoever I was duelling got frustrated if I did it. On wrong roof people can still get out of range of someone attacking them, but can't hide (as the old adage (sp) is)

G

Sounds like a lot of fun to me. Run around the top floor for the full circle and also the roof. Youd only go down stairs if you wanted to be trapped...
You could even expand on the idea, and have people down stairs one cures one heals one removes curse etc (at different points like heal is in the east corner), but youd only go down there running the risk of getting trapped.
Kinda like a UT map just with no guns!
If your behind a wall like you said stumpy, whats to stop the enemy just coming around and hitting you? seriously. 1v1 itd be kinda meh, but 2+ would be great fun!!
What you should be doing is saying, thanks echo for giving us another option, might not be for us personally but im sure some people would give it a go to test the pvp waters or have a tournament!!

Ooer capture the flag!! that could be fun too!! Something thats cursed can be the flag so when its captured its lootable by the umpire who returns it to the middle.

G

Its because the 1 second delay of being behind the wall can let someone get off a heal they wouldnt normally get actually in the field.

G

lol thats less then what someone gets when they scamper off screen to do the same thing. Behind a wall in a castle is a smaller area to chase after someone then off screen, once off screen a person can head up or down or goodness knows what else to get you off their scent for a while, wont happen in a castle.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The only person on staff will be someone with 0 items and a robe, so it doesn't matter if the participants decide it is mature to kill them, it will just result in a permanent ban from every [EVE] venue and result in 0 loss for us as we have the 25k you paid to get in to perform the kill to start with and you will get 0 insurance.

[/ QUOTE ]

OH NO!

<blockquote><hr>

The other major difference between this attempt at providing an 'event' facility is the participants decide the time, not the organiser. So all the 'I would come but I have soccer that day' excuses are void. You have 4 players who wish to 2v2, they send an icq and if I am on, which is generally a lot more than most, they will be accessed in, fight, and go in the space of 30 mins. There is no set time or date, just when and if a couple of groups want to fight for ranking. Pretty simple I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Find me anyone who would willingly fight myself, the two rons and drac in a 4v4.

<blockquote><hr>

Until the venue is tested, I don't think anyone can really comment but having a had a few people running around, given there are narrow areas, wide areas, ladders, corners etc, many entrances and exits, it is certainly better for a team match than wrong roof or the usual 18 x 18 arenas.

[/ QUOTE ]

A castle is far too narrow, and I'm sure an 18x18 could be far better set out for pvp than a castle. The whole point of a fight in an arena is so someone can't run away, which is why wrong roof is so much better.

<blockquote><hr>

The aim of this is not to provide pvp training, nor to provide field pvp, it is to provide a venue that I personally think is the most secure any venue in fel can be for people who wish to duel with people outside of guilds, friends, team and or 1 v 1 matches uninterrupted by griefers which will allow facilitators to provide a ranking system and maybe make people more interested in field pvp once they get used to player v player fighting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes because if you go to wrong roof and try and 1v1 someone you'll constantly get griefed, considering how popular oceania is.

<blockquote><hr>

There is no way in wrong or the field this can happen at all without it becoming a total nightmare with griefers. You cannot even hold an event in trammel without risking some grief from the above, let alone in fel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it's far easier holding an event in fel than it is in trammel... in fel you can simply kill someone who's trying to disrupt the event. In wrong theres only one real way off of it, get someone to stand on that and if anyone tries to disrupt it... well they won't last long.

<blockquote><hr>

I just find it funny that the naysayers don't even test it before saying something won't work

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the quote above that one... your being a bit hypercritical here.

G

<blockquote><hr>

lol thats less then what someone gets when they scamper off screen to do the same thing. Behind a wall in a castle is a smaller area to chase after someone then off screen, once off screen a person can head up or down or goodness knows what else to get you off their scent for a while, wont happen in a castle.

[/ QUOTE ]

It won't happen in a castle because nobody's going to go into a castle to fight in the first place.

G

thats ok you can go play in your open meadows and fields of daisies

G

Yes but it's not "open meadows and fields of daisy's" is it? Because I'm enjoying despise/BMG.

I

imported_UOPODCASTING.COM

Comments removed so there are no miss understandings.

Tell me when the full moon has passed.

E

Eleanora [EVE]

Frankly you are missing the entire point, and I am not going to bother to explain it. Perhaps you should refresh your memories in these posts:

Post 1

Post 2

This event is not a PVP field event, It is NOT aimed at PVP'ers, it is aimed at players on the shard who wish to have fun with some 1v1 and team based player v player fighting. It is aimed at people who wish to fight each other and aim for a rank within the match system as it is set.

I do not care if you like the idea or not Petrify, it is not aimed at you or at pvp'ers in particular, tho if you read your words in the two threads posted it seems I was correct in my assessment about all talk and no action. This was the reaction I expected and was prepared for when I initially posted this event, and I also see your 'aims' as stated regarding your new 'community outlook' and having changed for 'supporting other event groups' for One United World have just been blown away in your reply.

This has nothing to do with the pvp guilds on this shard, unless any of them wish to participate. If not, it is NO loss at all to Me, [EVE] or anyone who does wish to participate.

The thing is for all the whining of the PVP crowd about lack of pvp on this shard, it doesn't matter what venue is used, the last one we organised was in an 18 x 18 and the same arguments you listed were applied to that. The point is even those of you ie Mijac who tried to organise something couldn't get you lot to turn up either, bottom line is most of you are full of hot air and I guess the responses so far in this thread only confirm that.

Stumpy this is not a PVP event, it is an arena for use by those who wish to fight 1 v 1 or in teams and get a ranking, it has absolutely nothing to do with PVP in the field at all. It is NOT some quasi pvp training facility, if people come here to fight and never step a foot in fel again it is of no matter to me, and I suspect them, and all well and good, they don't have to.

If you guys aren't interested don't request an arena and don't attend, it is pretty simple, and doesn't require any major grey matter to figure out. And by the negativity towards something that is of no interest to you, perhaps your postings are just a troll and need to be looked at by a mod. If your not interested don't bother to post more, as I am not interested in listening to drivel put up by people who are only out to knock what others do. Grow up.

G

<blockquote><hr>

and I also see your 'aims' as stated regarding your new 'community outlook' and having changed for 'supporting other event groups' for One United World have just been blown away in your reply.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said I was going to support other event groups. However I did say I'll be running my own events. I have already done three last man standings for [1]. I'll also be running a high roller (rules you out doesn't it?) casino and other events. By the way why do you keep referring to [EVE] when your basically the only one in it. Oh and a better name would've been EVE-nts not EVE-vents...

<blockquote><hr>

It is NOT aimed at PVP'ers, it is aimed at players on the shard who wish to have fun with some 1v1 and team based player v player fighting.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Players on the shard who wish to have fun with some 1v1 and team based player v player fighting." HMM wouldn't that be PvPing, which to do so, someone must participate in PvP... which would make them a PvPer while at that arena!

<blockquote><hr>

The thing is for all the whining of the PVP crowd about lack of pvp on this shard, it doesn't matter what venue is used, the last one we organised was in an 18 x 18 and the same arguments you listed were applied to that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't ever recall you organising a pvp event in an 18x18.

<blockquote><hr>

The point is even those of you ie Mijac who tried to organise something couldn't get you lot to turn up either,

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually OPK turned up, it was a group fight and only Morrigan turned up claiming that their were no TC on to fight... when there was 5 on ICQ who said morri hadn't told them anything about it. We turned up, nobody else did because they know a team of me, ron, ron and drac &gt; anyone.

<blockquote><hr>

If you guys aren't interested don't request an arena and don't attend, it is pretty simple, and doesn't require any major grey matter to figure out. And by the negativity towards something that is of no interest to you, perhaps your postings are just a troll and need to be looked at by a mod.

[/ QUOTE ]

Translation: People don't like my idea, think it can be done in a better way then one person (KV) try's to help and I attack him... more people don't like my event! They must be trolling! Quick, mod's slay these naysayers and only let positive opinions be voiced!

It's a forum, people are entitled to their opinion either negative or positive... sorry that your idea didn't work.

E

Eleanora [EVE]

Whatever, as I said grow up, it isn't worth my time making any further comment to your nonsense.

G

So has anyone dueled yet? did the castle make for fun or hindrance?
I would give it ago myself but I believe I am banned from EvE auction house so assume that means the other houses &amp; events too.

if anyone gives it a go let us know how it played.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I would give it ago myself but I believe I am banned from EvE auction house so assume that means the other houses &amp; events too.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

M

Madoushi

...if castles are a pain to even house hide in Duel in one must be 10times worst

Think i'll go test this myself, So i'm not knocking it befor trying it

G

<blockquote><hr>

...if castles are a pain to even house hide in Duel in one must be 10times worst

[/ QUOTE ]

Let us know how it goes, I really would like to know if it is fun and I guess worth the gold.

M

Madoushi

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Let us know how it goes, I really would like to know if it is fun and I guess worth the gold.

[/ QUOTE ]

tryed it for awhile with alot of problems 1 being the stares running up &amp; down them hiding ... hehe
saved me afew times

another is the north west corner getting stuck in there aswell as the very limited room for multiple players the walk just dont have the room

aswell as running around &amp; getting flame striked from outside

It was fun ... but then again any messing around killing each other is
As for PvP Its really not worth it &amp; will be a hassle PvP is already stressful when it isnt going your way .... castle just makes that worst

however a castle does work well for a Champ the gold droped right around the outside part

E

Eleanora [EVE]

*sighs* such a lot of experts lol. (post not aimed at anyone in particular just replying to mad)

Firstly the stairs are blocked and no access. The only fighting areas are the upper floor, the roof or the upperfloor and rooftops, (basically 3 options for participants to choose from) as is any rules for the match, whether it is mounted/unmounted etc etc it is ALL the participants decision.

Secondly the intent is not pvp as in field pvp but as in having 2 to 16 players fight 1 v 1 up to 8 v 8 teams, under identical physical conditions with the same restraints on each player. Things being equal it makes for a fair fight. Everyone has the same knowledge of the area, there are no houses to hide in, there is no one more familiar with the territory etc etc. So a match played this week is under the same physical conditions as one played next month.

The intent is to have FUN &lt;-------- see that word. And so that you can fight today and next week and next month if you win and maybe, another person may wish to challenge you, or if your team wins you may get another team who wishes to take you on. etc etc etc.

I don't know why the minute you mention pvp it is automatically assumed that the intent is anything to do with pvp as in player killers and the nonsense they go on with. When a person versus another person it is classed as player versus player combat as opposed to player v monster. It has nothing to do with PVP outside of the arena, it is not some quasi pvp training field, it is not intended to simulate field conditions pvp in any way, shape or form. The only thing it may do in respect of outside pvp is get people used to fighting ANOTHER player, by those who generally do not partake in it and who would like to have fun playing against another player under a tournament conditions in an event set up, where the aim is FUN &lt;------- oops, again, sorry, not getting ganked and being griefed. Because it is in fel it is also open to reds and blues, it does not mean it is intended to see who is the best pvp'er as in field pvp.

This is designed for tournament conditions only, gee, if you want to fight naked with lances and dismount as in jousting it is up to you. Why does everyone have to be so negative? It is held in fel only because you cannot hold the same thing in trammel as having to get people to guild all the time just to be able to challenge someone not in their guild is a pain in the butt and does not allow for the flexibility and ease of just doing it in fel. Not to mention the castle has sat pretty much unused for 4 yrs other than for storage so a better use that could offer something else to the shard is all it is. If that is too difficult for people to comprehend so be it.

If held in fel, if 4 of you who are bored with the day want to have a go 2 v 2 (4 ppl from dif guilds or no guild or whoever) when you are all online and want to have a bit of FUN &lt;---- oops that word again, irrespective of guild it is just a matter of a quick icq to arrange a match. If your side wins you make it onto the tally sheet in green with the date, names of members/teams and if they had a win or loss, pretty simple.

Thirdly no one can cast from outside as that has been covered. Unfortunately due to the disruptive nature of anything you hold in fel those sorts of contingencies have to be accounted for as well.

I do find it rather disappointing that for all the whining about people being bored, and all the 'so called' community minded people that profess to want to run events and blah blah blah, that so many are so keen to not even bother to have a go before knocking something or explaining every reason imaginable why something won't work, when they don't even have the intent of the event correct to start with.

<blockquote><hr>

It was fun ... but then again any messing around killing each other is

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that was the only true statement you made madoushi regarding this arena
given the intent of it.

Anyways the arenas are there if and when someone wants to have some fun. I even have a supply of luna lances for dismount jousting on hand for those who wish to do that (need weapon skill ie sword, mace, fence).

As I said the castle is there, and is not going anywhere, and it doesn't matter if anyone wishes to have a bit of fun there or not. It still performs the function it has for the last 4 yrs and will for the next however many years the account is open. When I relocated it a week ago I just sorted my stuff and stored it more efficiently for me which left the whole upper area bare. So use it or not it doesnt really matter, and it does look pretty cool now it is fully set up so will stay as it is as well lol.

So how about just enough of the knocking everything anyone tries to do, it just gets pretty old and isn't needed, not interested, then it doesn't matter does it?

M

Madoushi

Yes for fun &amp; messing around it wasn't too bad there was abit of laughing from it

Just do remeber it being a fel house Is Subject to being attacked from the outside on some areas

I Myself didn't knock it I even left the castle still standing lucky i did as think i'll add some ladders &amp; play around some more later on

But as for PvP ... a custom is alot better

I would really rather making my own custom maze &amp; using it for this kind of thing
Problem with that idea a standard UO house is far too small

I'm guessing a Castle is like 30x30? witch is the size of a custom i was thinking about

E

Eleanora [EVE]

And madoushi, if you want a look at the 'modifications' you are welcome to come look just see me in game tomorrow. And you really need to look at 'intent' as well, this is not for out in field pvp.

A custom is too small for the intent of this, have used customs before and other than for 1v 1 or 2 v 2 UNMOUNTED dueling they are too small unless you use all levels and even then you are limited to dismounted in most cases. We have run smaller pvp events in an 18 x 18 (did a small one in survivor) and have had duelling pits in others before, same thing.

I want to see teams of 3 - 8 messing around. What makes it 'fair' is everyone has the same fighting conditions, so the type of premises is not really a factor is it ? as long as all have the same conditions. The castle and deco adds a bit of 'flavour' to the whole tournament setting, is a completely dif thing than all the stuff talked about on here knocking it regarding being no good for pvp. It isn't intended for 'pvp' as everyone seems to want to think, but for tournaments so ppl can get ranked and to get up a 'competition of sorts'

Anyways, it is there like i said, our guild will use it if noone else lol. Is fun doing lance jousting through the middle. LOL. with the specators on the side.

Not my fault if no one else can see it lol.

M

Madoushi

<blockquote><hr>

And madoushi, if you want a look at the 'modifications' you are welcome to come look just see me in game tomorrow. And you really need to look at 'intent' as well, this is not for out in field pvp.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would Love to see it, Yes i haven't been to this place Nore am i able too,

Some Screen shots or floor plans i would love to see
witch if you wish to share would be great
if you don't want to post them here
Feel free to Icq send anything to 93143249 Or email to [email protected]

I like the idea of making a more of a obstacle arena, i'll be up all night testing see how i can implant this kind of idea to my own

E

Eleanora [EVE]

well there are the inital screenshots on the website: Spellweave follow the links for [EVE]. Also the ranking sheets etc per arena. However the security for out of castle casting has been added since then and the stick spots modified with dif deco etc, so i will redo shots tomorrow. My graphics card atm is doing weird things on me so not in game tonight. Plus am too tired to bother lol.

Basically is three arenas tho:

1. Main roof only
2. Upper floor only
3. Upper floor and all roofs.

Tho for arena 3. the spectators will not 'see' one part as to keep them safe and out of the action they need be walled in so that they can see most but not interfer or be interfered with lol. Then again I don't really expect many spectators and depending on the 'group' and 'trust' level of the participants then they may not need be walled in at all lol.

Which arena set up the participants want to use is up to them. As are the dueling conditions etc, however I think that arenas 2 and 3 are suitable to run mounted or unmounted but arena 1 would only be for dismounted fights.

The main idea is to have fun and create a competition that has no 'set' times or dates, just when people want to have some fun together. Then keep a record of matches to try and engender that competitive flavour.

Edit: have redone the pics to reflect changes on the website

G

Good work Echo now we can get some action going with some of the newer players

G

Was wondering if this is used at all etc or still exists or should I unsticky the post?