Eurpoa gold robes illegal?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
Z

zarroc

Are the old europa gold robes considered to be illegal now? I was just told that i could be banned for wearing it...Doesnt UO have bigger problems than this?

G

Considering almost all of them that currently exist were made with the changeling dupe they should be.

F

Flats

Havent heard or seen anyone get banned for wearing one.

But if they do ban someone that is just dumb....

They should be doing other more important things than that......

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 30, 2004
And there are still some ppl who wear the "real" ones with crafters tag and all.
I´d HATE to see them beeing illegal, since it took me quite some time and money to gather all those shashes

Btw.. yes I really like that colour

G

<blockquote><hr>

It was actually an imprisoned dog.

Not a changeling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually they could be obtained either way. But 95% of them were made from the gate and mirriors.

P

Paris_Hilton

<blockquote><hr>

And there are still some ppl who wear the "real" ones with crafters tag and all.
I´d HATE to see them beeing illegal, since it took me quite some time and money to gather all those shashes

Btw.. yes I really like that colour

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem is, an original owner ALLOWED his/her very rare, very expensive gold clothing made of cut up Europa Brit Guard sashes to be duped, over and over and over. So there's some original owner/owners who are decidely NOT INNOCENT in this rash of dupings.

Still, rather than possibly take away an "innocent" players item, they should put the gold clothing (bolts would actually work the best) on npcs for the price of a bless deed, about 300k, because since the massive duping, the cloth isn't worth much more than that nowadays.

I think that the devs need to be held responsible for this one. They should have known this might happen before adding the means for this to occur within the game, be it from mirrors or changeling dogs. They should have issued either a warning to not be in possession of these items or a blessing to create and use as many as were wanted when it did became common knowledge that this duping was occurring.

Since this new crop of devs continues to do absolutely nothing about these dupes and the fuzzy blue robes from umbra (and the glacial blue dupes), it would seem they are saying that they favor cheaters over noncheaters. I really just don't know any other way to interpret their continued inaction, and it really sucks to be told that I can not exploit/dupe or profit from exploiting/duping ingame but that others can.

And oh yes, where's the right orange cloth coming from? Formerly only obtainable on AOS tagged clothing, it's fascinating to see it start with one player who claims he "found" it in an idoc, and watch it spread to vendors on over half the Luna City vendor houses. It just bolsters my hypothesis that the worst cheaters ingame are those that sell UO virtual items for real cash (these people own most of the Luna City vendor houses), they'll do anything they have to to pull in another UO dollar, including proudly flaunting the newest exploit/bug/dupe from their doorsteps.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Not a changeling.

[/ QUOTE ]

and what does the imprisoned dog do? Oh yeah, it acts like a changeling... Everyone and their mother called it the changeling dupe (search finds many matches), not the imprisoned dog dupe (No matches). The fact that as the same time there were 3 different methods of making the dupes doesn't change that most of the Europa sash clothing that exist are duped.

F

Flats

<blockquote><hr>

Not a changeling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same thing