• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Europa is dead??? :(

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
where did you get your figure from?
This is not the best time of day to look, most people are at work.

Small

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, yesterday I watched during the day: (
It was sad: (

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but where did you get the figure of 100? They don't give out figures.

Small

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The sum of the head, but with each passing day, it seems to me that it's true ...
God forbid that I was wrong:)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not sure where you're getting your figures, but if it's from the general chat, don't forget some are in general, some are in help, some are in private channels and lots don't use it at all. My chars are usually logged in to 'help' channel actually. Less chest-thumping.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder is this the naughty ...''an elf ''....mmmmm

whatever.....anyways im guessing by the houses etc etc europa as got around 4-500 players...although they never on together of course.

not great....but not bad.... go shard hop and see some of the really quite shards....

im all for merging with drachs to be fair...and no there wouldnt be a real issue with housing ..its easily overcome...one shard with more players can only be a good thing.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not sure where you're getting your figures, but if it's from the general chat, don't forget some are in general, some are in help, some are in private channels and lots don't use it at all. My chars are usually logged in to 'help' channel actually. Less chest-thumping.
Also, If Small your getting 100 from the filter list, People only show up on that when they speak in the chat, It isn't who is IN the chat.

I hardly ever speak in it for example, I'm sure plenty of others don't either.

Small

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
100 accaunt - 500-700 players :)
Felucca - empty, PvP - weak one and same chars 30/40 char in PvP ... (
Harrowers day take the late afternoon - or who does not come ...
Champs empty for days ...
In the Luna up to 20 chars is always ...
In general - it becomes boring to play
Although if you count all the houses, then the impression that 3000 players online ...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SMALL IF U DONT LIKE OR ENJOY THE GAME ANYMORE...LEAVE...

Europa as a ok population....if u count houses it means nothing.. 1/5th are old bugged granfathered houses and a 1/5th are cbtb bugged...so omly 3/5th are possibly used...

a very close estimate would be 500 players= 2000/3000 differnt chars used

some players have 2 accounts.. not many have more knowadays

if u want to see quite shards.. then shard hop onto some of the others..

if u want the busy shard go to atlantic.

if u dont care for UO... then leave and stop saying ingame 'Im Amazing' ..all the bloody time..lol..if indeed ..as i suspect u r that char 'an elf '. [END]

M

maximusss

Europa is doing fine, atleast when compared to some other shards.

It would be very interesting to see how many houses would decay, if they decided to make houses owned by inactive players to decay, just like houses decay now if you place one and go inactive.

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think he made an educated guess, that's why he used a question mark after 100 players. Generally, between 19:00 - 22:00 GMT (aka prime time of Europa), shard population shows as "Medium" in EC, other times "Low". The population changes according to the time and day; lowest on weekdays on any hour other than prime time and highest on weekends on prime time.

We've just celebrated our shard's 12th anniversary. However, we can say that Europa aged gracefully. It is not forsaken or forgotten by those who once played here. We have many players who started years ago but due to their changing priorities and responsibilities after all those years, they only log in to check their friends and houses once a week or even month.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Europa is doing fine, atleast when compared to some other shards.

It would be very interesting to see how many houses would decay, if they decided to make houses owned by inactive players to decay, just like houses decay now if you place one and go inactive.

Errr didn't i just clear that up above....about 2/5th would fall...a 1/5th being old school classic designs including several castles and keeps that are grandfather bugged and never used anymore...and again a 1/5th of empty mostly unbuilt plots thats are come back to brit campaign bugged .

Im quite happy with our population...jeeze ive been on the quiter nay near dead shards...

still say theres room to merge shards if needs be....especailly europa and drachs...no issues with housing either easy fix there.

C

Coppelia

We need to merge with Drachs :/

Most of the houses are : castles where there never was the room before, multi-accounts, inactive players not wanting to lose sentimental stuff. I know it, I was part of it, and I don't know for how long I'll stay active.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
grow up!!!
Good Advice.

Brings another old saying to mind tho, now what was it? - Oh yes I remember it was about caps fitting.

Why slag off the op? - bearing in mind his english is sometimes hard to undersand I dont read any moaning in his post. He certainly gave no indication he was dissatisfied, just sad. It might be best to follow the advice you were recently given about thinking before you jump in with both feet and not tell him to leave simply because he made a comment you didnt like.

He is just commenting that the downward slide of the Europa population is sad, dunno where he gets his figures from cos I think they are somewhat low but nevertheless compared with what they were, he is right, it is sad. When i started you couldnt find room to place a house ANYWHERE. Now spots are open all over and anyone can go out and find a spot for an 18x18 easily.

Still as others are pointing out Europa is far from dead. The community spirit is as strong as ever and many events are strongly supported.

LONG LIVE EUROPA.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still as others are pointing out Europa is far from dead. The community spirit is as strong as ever and many events are strongly supported.

Errrrr.......like i myself was saying??? europa is far from dead ....

maybe hes no the char 'an elf' ...nm ...would love to know who it is....and many many others would too

another saying to add to your collection...''kasara''

europa= ace of shards !!!!...

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually the number of players doesnt matters much to me. Many players often means many asses too.
With a decreased population the demand for RL bought ingame gold gets lowered. Which means that scripting is less 'profitable'. Imho that is the best way to get rid of scriptors. (By not buying gold for cash.)
What I realize is, that there are only very few players left, that can and do afford to buy highly prized items. So if someone wants to sell such an item, he has to adapt and lower the prices. And those with lots of gold have to learn, that there probably will be a time where you wont be able to buy everything with ingame gold. ( I am now mostly regarding to stuff like transfer tokens, upgrade codes etc)

B

Babble

We need to merge with Drachs :/

Most of the houses are : castles where there never was the room before, multi-accounts, inactive players not wanting to lose sentimental stuff. I know it, I was part of it, and I don't know for how long I'll stay active.
Get involved with the rp community, they need the people

Small

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We need to merge with Drachs
Good idea :)
I'm already a year, I like Europe shard, and I will continue to play Europa shard at least another half year: D (piece).
Online - would be desirable to slightly above, well, though, would be in a PVP zone:)

Thank you all, sorry if someone is hurt: (

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The idea of merging with Drachenfels has been discussed before. However, while the characters are easy to transfer from one shard to other, the houses and the items they hold are simply not. I also dont think that the players of Drachenfels want to merge with Europa and it is a tiresome work for the devs and they wont bother while they have thousands of other things to focus on. I'll discuss it anyways:

One of the two feasible solutions proposed to solve this problem was to be able to travel between shards by moongates. The moongate menu might have Europa Trammel and Drachenfels Trammel and players can choose which one they want to travel. The same applies for Felucca and Malas. Ilshenar can stay as it is and maybe even some players might sacrifice their houses in Ter Mur to have a single facet like Ilshenar. Only one of the two Trammel, Malas, Tokuno or Felucca might be used to travel to the dungeons, thus the merged shard does not need to have multiple dungeons of the same kind.

These are all short term solutions. In the long term, in order to have a regular shard having unique facets, there are several ways to go. Amongst these, the one that might actually work, is to have a third Trammel, Felucca, Tokuno and Malas which are the only places that you can build a new house. All other facets are closed for new houses. The flow in this idea is to wait until all players choose to move to these new facets. This is the farthest devs can go without touching any house on any of the two shards.

So, what are the arguments against this first solution?
  • Since the number of items the server keeps will double, it will lag far more than it does now.
  • There might be several bugs associated with the merge.
  • The players who are comfortable with the population on their home shards will be forced to play in this merged shard.
  • If the players of Drachenfels are unhappy with the population, they can always transfer to Europa themselves (and vice versa).
  • The merge will eventually wipe both shards' history and customs.
  • The solution above no way proves a succesful merge but rather produce a custom built awkward shard and ultimately a mess.

The second solution is to create a new shard and to give every player in Europa and Drachenfels tickets to create a copy of their characters (not the items on their backpack and bank, those are transferred not copied) on this new shard. This is less complicated and will not force anyone to leave their houses and items. The only argument against this is that it will create a third empty shard if only a handful of players choose to play on it.

What do I think about it? Moving from your homeshard to another shard is not easy, especially if you have years of items on your house, each representing a period of your life, not only in the game but also in the real life. Nobody should force you to move, you should decide to move yourself and this is actually hapenning right now. The players who doesnt like the low population on their shard move to other shards every day. So in my opinion, the merge is quite unnecessary.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Small i have been here for 12 years now, and its not like it used to be i can tell you! But its far from dead.

Instead of just going to Luna, Yew Gate then down to despise try looking around the rest of the game. If you had not aligned your self with GOD guild maybe you would be include in more of the day time activates the rest of us do.

People who join GOD guild/alliance then complain no one wants to play with them, bring it on them self.

Yes there is not PvP 24/7 but when the PvP is dead we go and do other things. But you have yet to find this out. But if you only want to PvP i suggest you play another game during the day (or maybe get a job!) to fill your time up. Then PvP at night.

SirZ

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Online 100 players? :( is bad... :(
You typical free-shard player. You consider only bank-sitters and yew-gate players.
After that you're doing global conclusions like a 'Europa is dead? Only 100 players?'.
It's a shame. IMHO.

Small

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What makes you think that I am free player shards?
If I love the world Fellyuka, this does not entitle you to insult me! Understand? *
But I judge shard as a whole, felucca - empty, Malas - up to 30/40 players Ilshenar - up to 10/20 players, Temur - Do not run, Tramel - 10 players found ... all of the city are empty ....

Small

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well written, thank you:)
History, contingent identity - suits me to Europe, I can even say Europe is the best shard:)
Understand the game, each of us finds himself, and I found myself in a felucca, but the online wants the best ... God forbid, something would have changed everything:)

PS, wrote out, go play in the Atlantic - but I would go there, but the ping 150/200 does not allow me:)

C

Calis M^N

What makes you think that I am free player shards?
If I love the world Fellyuka, this does not entitle you to insult me! Understand? *
But I judge shard as a whole, felucca - empty, Malas - up to 30/40 players Ilshenar - up to 10/20 players, Temur - Do not run, Tramel - 10 players found ... all of the city are empty ....
when did you look at this....??

pretty much every evening in Trammel there is at least 7 of just my guild on... not to mention the other 5+ rp guilds that are online at same time.. so to say only 10 in tram is just silly... unless your playing at 4am when most people are sleeping?

this evening we have a battle market in Trinsic.. you should pop along its at 8pm down near the docks.

Tomrrow Moonglow Navy are opening their Inn on Ice Isle... you could come to that...
there is plenty to do with plenty of players... if you just come along to it!

S

Striga

Merge Eu and Df plse :stir: many players want this solution for Df for Eu for UO Something will be done.. we cannot wait anymore help us thx :(

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Merge Eu and Df plse :stir: many players want this solution for Df for Eu for UO Something will be done.. we cannot wait anymore help us thx :(
No way hosay!

I play both shards! Do the same as everyone else make a new char on Europa or Drachs and/or do a transfer.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Argh!
Recent news - "The Shard of the Dead...is dead"
Someone used Small's substitution and made "The Shard of the Europa...is dead"

B

Babble

Rest well europa
:p

Though I checked out Drachenfels a bit today and compared to that europa must be full

Small

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
he he :)

PS: KingsleyW_W, I come with joy to see, but not today - 3-4 hours as I can not enter the game:)

S

Striga

One of the two feasible solutions proposed to solve this problem was to be able to travel between shards by moongates. The moongate menu might have Europa Trammel and Drachenfels Trammel and players can choose which one they want to travel. The same applies for Felucca and Malas. Ilshenar can stay as it is and maybe even some players might sacrifice their houses in Ter Mur to have a single facet like Ilshenar. Only one of the two Trammel, Malas, Tokuno or Felucca might be used to travel to the dungeons, thus the merged shard does not need to have multiple dungeons of the same kind.

This.

M

McValdemar

still say theres room to merge shards if needs be....especailly europa and drachs...no issues with housing either easy fix there.
ABSOLUTELY AGREE.

Would help the fun of both Europa and Drach guys.

There's no sense in keeping so many shards active when the active players is part of the fun.