• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Es giebt hier Was zuholen

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nynyve

To the individual who immediately leaped to the assumption that the only reason my young characters were on Drachenfels, because in his words:
"Es giebt hier was zuholen"

I am sorry to hear that play on Drachenfels is so bad that you only get new players when stuff is being given away for free.

If you prefer I will be happy to say that in German, which I understand perfectly. I happened to be collecting my Christmas tickets.

Das darf ich doch wohl, ohne solche Bemerkungen zuhoeren?

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Drachenfels community is in general very friendly and tolerant. Off hand i cannot see this comment as a sign of bad community though, but i guess it is taken out of context?

Had to use google translate to translate the line.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You judging the shard from one bad experience? Thats pathetic. :p

Lexfixr

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You judging the shard from one bad experience? Thats pathetic. :p
REALLY FRARC

you have just given him a second bad experience with your rude response

people are entitled to think what they want--turn the other cheek

Gil was probably right in his note the words were taken out of context

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
REALLY FRARC

you have just given him a second bad experience with your rude response

people are entitled to think what they want--turn the other cheek

Gil was probably right in his note the words were taken out of context

Yes and i just said what i thought about it. I am entitled to that too and if you think that is rude, then you also have a problem. :p

That the problem these days with the world. When people tell them the truth and all of a sudden the drama queens take it over to play the rude card.

One bad thing happens and all of a sudden the whole shard/country/race/religion is bad. Its pathetic and i won't change my opinion about it.

Lexfixr

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes and i just said what i thought about it. I am entitled to that too and if you think that is rude, then you also have a problem. :p

That the problem these days with the world. When people tell them the truth and all of a sudden the drama queens take it over to play the rude card.

One bad thing happens and all of a sudden the whole shard/country/race/religion is bad. Its pathetic and i won't change my opinion about it.
I dont know whats the matter with you I was not offensive just making a comment now you shoot attacks at me

Just remember as a representative of the Drachenfels shard through your position as Drachefels reporter you must take the high road and be professional
Not seeing that right now.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont know whats the matter with you I was not offensive just making a comment now you shoot attacks at me

Just remember as a representative of the Drachenfels shard through your position as Drachefels reporter you must take the high road and be professional

Ok, i gladly resign as Drachenfels reporter for you.

If i can not say what i think because i am a reporter then i don't want to be a reporter at all.

I will let the people of Stratics know this and they can do what they want with it.

K

Kayne

You have it all wrong Lexfixr, Frarc is a volunteer who does what he does for the players and community of Drachs. He is still a player and a person who has an opinion and is more than free to give that opinion. Being reporters is no different to being ordinary posters. We don't have any obligation to take any so called high road and nor should we do so at the expense of being true to ourselves.

Ok, i gladly resign as Drachenfels reporter for you.

If i can not say what i think because i am a reporter then i don't want to be a reporter at all.

I will let the people of Stratics know this and they can do what they want with it.
Frarc don't you dare make this statement official. You have every right to an opinion no matter who agrees with it or not.

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To the OP, I don't think it's fair to judge a community or server on a single bad experience. Some people aren't friendly or welcoming, perhaps as a result of bad experiences of their own, but it's important not to let a few bad apples spoil the bushel.
From reputation, I believe that overall Drachenfels is a very friendly shard, and if you were ever of a mind to, I'd recommend sticking it out in order for "regression to the mean" to work its magic (if the community is overall friendly, then your experiences with the community will trend towards that, even with a bad start).

To Lexfixr, I don't think it's fair to play the "I expect better from a ..." card.
The Stratics volunteers are still people, who've gone that extra mile to give back to the game and community. Should the reward for that really be to lose some of the freedoms they had as a poster?

To Frarc, don't quit.
If you're ever going to leave at all, it should be on your own terms, and not because of a dust-up on the forums :)
But moreover, misunderstandings like this are like bumps in the road. Take them in your stride.

Status
Not open for further replies.