• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Equip/Unequip weapon and shield - macro question

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The macro stickie talks about setting up a macro to equip and unequip weapons. I thought I could add my shield in the equip gump along with my sword, but when I use the hot key my macro is mapped to, only the sword will equip/unequip - shield stays put.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help!

Y

Yacct

What are you trying to do with the macro? If you just want to arm/disarm your shield you could either make a macro to arm/disarm left then right hand OR make two macros to unequip and equip respectively, ie,

arm/disarm (single hotkey)
1. Arm/Disarm (left hand)
2. Delay (1.0) <-- depends on your lag, try tweaking it
2. Arm/Disarm (right hand)

Only issue with the above is if the delay is too short you'll get the 'you must wait to perform another action' jazz and it won't do the right hand. So a safer route could be the two macros, one to equip both and one to unequip and hammer them until they work.

Keep in mind the Delay action is pretty flaky (combined with targeting anyway).

I really wish we could just have a single 'equip' action that drops anything currently in hand and equips whatever.

Someone please tell me there's a better way :)

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh, I'm guessing my delay isn't long enough. I'll try a longer delay - thanks!

Thav12

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What are you trying to do with the macro? If you just want to arm/disarm your shield you could either make a macro to arm/disarm left then right hand OR make two macros to unequip and equip respectively, ie,

arm/disarm (single hotkey)
1. Arm/Disarm (left hand)
2. Delay (1.0) <-- depends on your lag, try tweaking it
2. Arm/Disarm (right hand)

Only issue with the above is if the delay is too short you'll get the 'you must wait to perform another action' jazz and it won't do the right hand. So a safer route could be the two macros, one to equip both and one to unequip and hammer them until they work.

Keep in mind the Delay action is pretty flaky (combined with targeting anyway).

I really wish we could just have a single 'equip' action that drops anything currently in hand and equips whatever.

Someone please tell me there's a better way :)
what I do is make an unequip, delay 1.0, equip macro. This works better and faster as you can unequip things in right and left hand simultaneously by selecting both the right hand and the left hand. You need the delay, and then you just equip the item you want to switch to using the equip action. The arm/disarm thing has to be executed twice, once for the left and once for the right hand. Depending on what weapon is currently in your hand it is either in your right or your left... I never remember which one, so I abandoned arm/disarm altogether. It also takes two 1.0 delays to execute a complete disarm and arm sequence. Between the unequip and equip macro a 1.0 delay works best, I agree with the previous poster. I have e.g. 4 different slayer maces. Macro for each one. Switch in the time it takes to take one swing. Very fast :)

I guess what you were "hoping" would exist, actually does in SA :) It is a phenomenal client!