• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

enough is enough time to nerf moving shots ROUND 2

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Healing pot with a 50ep ring on heals me for 32 damage. Just running away and using healing pots and they cant kill you. Its that simple.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doesn't mean its not. 15 hps for 30 mana pretty equal to me, can easily swamp a slither in there for 10 more hps and have 4 less mana from boots. Point is archers are OP to play with the way they are now 1.25 Swings, Constant AI's, Running shot for days. They need a BIG nerf. Melee dexxers need a Boost. Any ranged attack should not be better than melee skills.
isnt orc brute enough of a "boost" for melee? doesnt really work with an archer

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I like my mage he never misses lol, nice stats/suit there smoot. u must of been the one killing him or me. mages usually will dust the archer if one on one.

Last edited:

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i like how paithan trolls everybody who posts a pvp concern that deters from his template but is more than happy to cry about various pvp flaws that he himself gets his ass kicked from. isn't that some silly sht right there>
Please elaborate. The threads I have started are on a riding swipe that was broken, lmc bugged chars, and asking about when wall of stone was changed, and if thunderstorm hits through walls. What do I get my ass kicked by in there? lol.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If you run Parry, a combat skill or mage weapon, and the correct DCI, you're going to block around 67% of the time. if youre not running at least one of these things, youre crazy.

This means you roughly have a 1 in 3 chance to get hit.

So, IF velocity, hit spell both hit with the shot it's 30 points, and those are most likely a 50% chance meaning they're not going off everytime you do land a hit.

At most you're doing 30 damage every 3.75 seconds.

It also takes about 10 mana at 40 lmc to perform a moving shot.

So it's likely you're eating 30 mana to hit the person once.

if you have 120 mana that means you're only going to hit the person roughly 4 maybe 5 times with running shot before running out over 15 seconds.

if youre lucky enough to hit those 5 times in 15 seconds at most youre doing at most150 points of damage assuming both spells went off every time. You could probably chug one potion, apply one bandage, one heal, to outlive those odds.

So really, just to say it needs nerfed without giving a particular scenario as to why is stretching it a bit.

the math says otherwise.

yeah RNG sucks sometimes but that's no reason to nerf something.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
If you run Parry, a combat skill or mage weapon, and the correct DCI, you're going to block around 67% of the time. if youre not running at least one of these things, youre crazy.

This means you roughly have a 1 in 3 chance to get hit.

So, IF velocity, hit spell both hit with the shot it's 30 points, and those are most likely a 50% chance meaning they're not going off everytime you do land a hit.

At most you're doing 30 damage every 3.75 seconds.

It also takes about 10 mana at 40 lmc to perform a moving shot.

So it's likely you're eating 30 mana to hit the person once.

if you have 120 mana that means you're only going to hit the person roughly 4 maybe 5 times with running shot before running out over 15 seconds.

if youre lucky enough to hit those 5 times in 15 seconds at most youre doing at most150 points of damage assuming both spells went off every time. You could probably chug one potion, apply one bandage, one heal, to outlive those odds.

So really, just to say it needs nerfed without giving a particular scenario as to why is stretching it a bit.

the math says otherwise.

yeah RNG sucks sometimes but that's no reason to nerf something.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cap ranged: attacks at 1.50s speed
Cap melee: at 1.25s speed (as is)
Parry: chance reduced down to 20%@120.0 if it's not paired with an actual Weapon skill (Swords, Macing, Fencing,or Throwing*)
*Throwing + Parry:Requires a shield to parry thus is in no need of any adjustments

Balanced: property on 2-handed melee weapons should reduce parry chance down to 20% (Instead of completely removing parry chance)

Poisoning: Remove free Cure or make it pvm only.
Casting Focus: Make it a pvm-only property & increase the property value from 1-3 to 5-20%
(allowing people to reach 100%) balancing mages with dexers in pvm.
Scribe: Increase Casting Focus bonus to +30%

Focused Specialization: SDI caps to 15% if Alchemy or Poisoning are above 30.0.

300.0 combat LMC-bonus: Allow Tactics, Anatomy, & Hiding to provide the 300.0 combat LMC-bonus for weapon specials.
Remove: Bushido & Ninjitsu from providing the 300.0 combat LMC-bonus.

Protection: should only work for spells cast from the "Magery" spell school.

This is really far off topic. All of them are terrible ideas, except the addition of skills that would go towards the reduction of LMC.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
15 hps and 30 mana, with 30 mana I can do 3 ai's more thats only 105+ damage and mind you I can shoot them at 1.25
It's just math, 105+ damage or 15 hit points. You do the math
View attachment 46259
You're not taking into account that your HP after curse and depending if you have resist or not ~124-131. For pvp now a days thats pretty bad. You'd be an easy kill.

Also even at 55 LMC, that's not 3 AI's. 10 Mana for the first 20 for the second...That's 30 right there..

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're not taking into account that your HP after curse and depending if you have resist or not ~124-131. For pvp now a days thats pretty bad. You'd be an easy kill.

Also even at 55 LMC, that's not 3 AI's. 10 Mana for the first 20 for the second...That's 30 right there..
Try adding the skill bonus LMC included :) I will end my take in this but POINT is Archers need to be toned down. Those who oppose it are the 4 Button mashing Archers who like playing OP templates. Have a good day :flame:

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Try adding the skill bonus LMC included :) I will end my take in this but POINT is Archers need to be toned down. Those who oppose it are the 4 Button mashing Archers who like playing OP templates. Have a good day :flame:
Are you implying that when you die with only 135 hit points you mash your keyboard? OK got it.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
i like how paithan trolls everybody who posts a pvp concern that deters from his template but is more than happy to cry about various pvp flaws that he himself gets his ass kicked from. isn't that some silly sht right there>
Truth

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The threads I have started are on a riding swipe that was broken, lmc bugged chars, and asking about when wall of stone was changed, and if thunderstorm hits through walls. What do I get my ass kicked by in there? lol.

He for some reason could not come up with an answer. Maybe you will be able to since you agreed with it. I will wait.

Lord Trollo

Adventurer
The threads I have started are on a riding swipe that was broken, lmc bugged chars, and asking about when wall of stone was changed, and if thunderstorm hits through walls. What do I get my ass kicked by in there? lol.

He for some reason could not come up with an answer. Maybe you will be able to since you agreed with it. I will wait.
let me break it down for my man @PaithanTheElf since he thinks he is in control of the conversation.

if it is something that paith doesn't like, it's STOP THE PRESS!!! this needs to be changed ASAP because him and 5 other visitor accounts (each with 3 posts) agree. he will flag every dev team member from now dating back to ultima 6 and declare what a travesty it is that such things have been allowed to pass.

however if it' someone else submitting a conversation that kinda maybe affects paith's template(s) it must be because they are "just whining," "complaining about anything," are "not very bright," "don't pvp" or are "flat out wrong."

you wouldn't want to let one of the last 10 people who are pvping in UO to have a chance at ya huh bud? because egos must really matter more than brining actual life and people to uo and pvp itself. as long as paith's ego gets to stay in check... all is good and that is what matters above anything else.

XavierFromLs

Adventurer
Please elaborate. The threads I have started are on a riding swipe that was broken, lmc bugged chars, and asking about when wall of stone was changed, and if thunderstorm hits through walls. What do I get my ass kicked by in there? lol.
Riding swipe wasn't broken, you weren't fast enough to get on your mount when it was healed, you were the problem and you still complained.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's with it included.. So 30 mana is not 3 AI's, AND you'd be a very easy kill. Good day.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait so you wanted to keep the range but the damage and speed change? That is not how UO works,please learn.
I'm going off of what you said. You suggested increasing the speed of that weapon. So it's still a 10 tile weapon as you didn't say that needs to be changed. We all know how it works in UO the slower the weapon the higher the base damage.

It's amazing that you can't follow the consequences of what would happen with your own suggestions. It's no wonder UO is hard for you. You seem to have no understanding of the mechanics I.E. Speed to base damage.

XavierFromLs

Adventurer
I'm going off of what you said. You suggested increasing the speed of that weapon. So it's still a 10 tile weapon as you didn't say that needs to be changed. We all know how it works in UO the slower the weapon the higher the base damage.

It's amazing that you can't follow the consequences of what would happen with your own suggestions. It's no wonder UO is hard for you. You seem to have no understanding of the mechanics I.E. Speed to base damage.
So you don't know how uo works, interesting, the range would have to change if the speed and damage changed

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you don't know how uo works, interesting, the range would have to change if the speed and damage changed
So now your fix is to get rid of comp bows then? That's essentially what you're saying since your suggestions would change it into a heavy cross bow.

It all makes sense why UO is hard for you now.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're talking about range, by your own logic, all melee weapons which have much less range should have higher base damage. Wrong yet again.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
let me break it down for my man @PaithanTheElf since he thinks he is in control of the conversation.

if it is something that paith doesn't like, it's STOP THE PRESS!!! this needs to be changed ASAP because him and 5 other visitor accounts (each with 3 posts) agree. he will flag every dev team member from now dating back to ultima 6 and declare what a travesty it is that such things have been allowed to pass.

however if it' someone else submitting a conversation that kinda maybe affects paith's template(s) it must be because they are "just whining," "complaining about anything," are "not very bright," "don't pvp" or are "flat out wrong."

you wouldn't want to let one of the last 10 people who are pvping in UO to have a chance at ya huh bud? because egos must really matter more than brining actual life and people to uo and pvp itself. as long as paith's ego gets to stay in check... all is good and that is what matters above anything else.
By stop the press do you mean I made a post about it? I don't care if anyone agrees with my posts. They have mainly been questions asking devs if stuff is working how it is supposed to.

Have a chance at me? I will play a template and win no matter what changes occur, bud.

You seem pretty clueless.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Riding swipe wasn't broken, you weren't fast enough to get on your mount when it was healed, you were the problem and you still complained.
Actually, by definition, it was very broken. The devs apparently agreed. You either have lack of knowledge of how it is supposed to work or how it was working. You should learn that before commenting.

XavierFromLs

Adventurer
Actually, by definition, it was very broken. The devs apparently agreed. You either have lack of knowledge of how it is supposed to work or how it was working. You should learn that before commenting.
By definition it was not broken, it needed to be healed fully for you to ride it, if you healed it to full and were too slow to jump back on and then it was damaged again, that is your own fault.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By definition it was not broken, it needed to be healed fully for you to ride it, if you healed it to full and were too slow to jump back on and then it was damaged again, that is your own fault.
This alone shows you are out of touch with PvP. It was broken until the last pub that fixed it.

Last edited:

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The range changes between ranged weps, not melee, i love teaching.
You just said its range based. Ergo all melee weapons should have higher base damage. It's all moot as nothing is changing and you've made it clear you're just really really bad at UO.

XavierFromLs

Adventurer
You just said its range based. Ergo all melee weapons should have higher base damage. It's all moot as nothing is changing and you've made it clear you're just really really bad at UO.
Yes its ranged based for ranged weps, why do you keep bringing up melee weps, melee weps are not ranged weps.

Lord Trollo

Adventurer
By stop the press do you mean I made a post about it? I don't care if anyone agrees with my posts. They have mainly been questions asking devs if stuff is working how it is supposed to.

Have a chance at me? I will play a template and win no matter what changes occur, bud.

You seem pretty clueless.
i notice you dodged my entire post and reverted to the 13 year old's "DUEL ME FOR ACCTS" tactic. zero points for originality sir.

transcendent

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LoL. You are saying it yourself. It needed to be healed fully. When the pet was healed fully, there was a bug so you still could not remount.

Do you know why it was changed? Because that is NOT working as the definition stated.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you please stop with the insults? People are trying to have a civil discussion in here
Facts aren't insults.

Your friend xavier showing why UO is very difficult for him, but if you've noticed people are trying to help so that he stops dying to moving shot. The UO community is something special trying to help out everyone, even players that are new to pvp such as xavier.

XavierFromLs

Adventurer
LoL. You are saying it yourself. It needed to be healed fully. When the pet was healed fully, there was a bug so you still could not remount.

Do you know why it was changed? Because that is NOT working as the definition stated.
it needed to be fully healed for you to get on it, but you were too slow with getting on your mount which allowed the attacker to damage the pet again which would require you to heal it again until you were quick enough to get on. You were unable to accomplish this so you complained. It was changed simply because you complained.

Lord Trollo

Adventurer
Ah, so your retort is to make something up that is not even close to what I said? Cool story.
and your retort is yet again to dodge the entire statement and focus on the tiny factor that doesn't matter. props bro. you debate about as well as a 7th grade girl. that's not an attack btw. some jr. highschool girls can actually debate pretty well.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you guys please keep it civil and stop insulting other people in the thread?
I think you need to read his reply and mine before thinking it is an insult. He went on a long winded post about "what i post about" and none of it was accurate. That would make him seem pretty clueless to me. What about you?

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it needed to be fully healed for you to get on it, but you were too slow with getting on your mount which allowed the attacker to damage the pet again which would require you to heal it again until you were quick enough to get on. You were unable to accomplish this so you complained. It was changed simply because you complained.
For it to need to be healed again it would need to be riding swiped again. Not just take any damage. No logic here.

But hey, if you think its wrong now, by all means make a thread and state it and lets see who agrees with you.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and your retort is yet again to dodge the entire statement and focus on the tiny factor that doesn't matter. props bro. you debate about as well as a 7th grade girl. that's not an attack btw. some jr. highschool girls can actually debate pretty well.
Umm what would you like me to address? You said I post about pvp issues and claim i stop the press and ask that they get fixed ASAP. Show me where this has occurred.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, there was nothing about being to slow to get on a mount. You know that there is a thing called a dismount timer right? If you healed it to full you can't hop back on until the timer is up. Arguing with people that don't get these concepts is a challenge.