• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Enhanced Client Problem - Win7 64bit

V

Vynlark

Hello all, let me first apologize for the creation of this thread as I'm sure others have been made with a similar or the same problem I'm experiencing. First off, here are my computer specs:

ASUS M3N78-EM Mobo
AMD Phenom II X4 810 2.60ghz 64bit
8gig Mushkin XP Series DDR2-1066 (XP2-8500)
BFG NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT OC PCI-EXPRESS x16
Seagate 500gig Internal SATA HDD
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Comcast Cable / Linksys Router WRT54G

I have both the Stygian Abyss Enhanced & Classic client installed. I am able to connect fine w/o issue using the Classic client. When I attempt to login using the Enhanced client - I type in my login/pass, click the login button and the top left corner (window bar) will change text to read: UOSA - Verenath
but then it just sits there and never logs in nor does the screen change in anyway. Both clients patch fine, Enchanced client current build is 4.0.6.4 according to the lower right-hand corner of the login screen.

I have scoured most of the forums here and at UOForums for a solution but no luck. Here is what I have attempted:

Uninstalling & Reinstalling the Enhanced client as administator.
Running the Enchanced Client and the UOPatch under Administrator and in WinXP SP3 Compatibility mode.
Uninstalling Forceware Nvidia Network Manager.
Windows Firewall OFF & Added The .exe's to exceptions list.
Added appropriate ports for UO to my Linksys router.
I have no 3rd party firewall software installed or anti-virus that may be causing a problem.

I've sent a support ticket to EA through their Support page, I got a response back but the representative wanted me to submit a screen shot of the error message. I did send a screen shot back but explained there is no error message. I've yet to hear anything back since.

Any additional help would be greatly appreciated. I'm next going to attempt to install the Enhanced client on my laptop which is running Windows Vista 64bit to see if I can login.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello all, let me first apologize for the creation of this thread as I'm sure others have been made with a similar or the same problem I'm experiencing. First off, here are my computer specs:

ASUS M3N78-EM Mobo

I have both the Stygian Abyss Enhanced & Classic client installed. I am able to connect fine w/o issue using the Classic client. When I attempt to login using the Enhanced client - I type in my login/pass, click the login button and the top left corner (window bar) will change text to read: UOSA - Verenath
but then it just sits there and never logs in nor does the screen change in anyway. Both clients patch fine, Enchanced client current build is 4.0.6.4 according to the lower right-hand corner of the login screen.

I have scoured most of the forums here and at UOForums for a solution but no luck. Here is what I have attempted:

Uninstalling & Reinstalling the Enhanced client as administator.
Running the Enchanced Client and the UOPatch under Administrator and in WinXP SP3 Compatibility mode.
Uninstalling Forceware Nvidia Network Manager.
Windows Firewall OFF & Added The .exe's to exceptions list.
Added appropriate ports for UO to my Linksys router.
I have no 3rd party firewall software installed or anti-virus that may be causing a problem.

I've sent a support ticket to EA through their Support page, I got a response back but the representative wanted me to submit a screen shot of the error message. I did send a screen shot back but explained there is no error message. I've yet to hear anything back since.

Any additional help would be greatly appreciated. I'm next going to attempt to install the Enhanced client on my laptop which is running Windows Vista 64bit to see if I can login.

Try this thread: http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=160336

Your issue sounds very similar and I see you have an Nvidia card so worth a look.

Good Luck!

V

Vynlark

Thanks for the response, I did check that thread and removed the same Nvidia Network Manager he did but didn't help unfortunately.

V

Vynlark

* Minor Update *

Thanks to the responses back so far.

I'm able to login and play fine using the Classic client.

I downloaded the latest directx runtime package, installed, no luck. I'm also running the latest Nvidia driver set for my graphics card. I've also tried right clicking and running as administrator with same end result, on both the UOPatch.exe and UOSA.exe.

I feel like it doesn't want to refresh or draw the next screen which would be the server listing. I installed the Enhanced client on my laptop which is running Windows Vista 64bit and logged in fine and ran with no problems.

* Also, I submitted the screen shot to EA support and updated with the other solutions I've tried and also mentioned that I'm able to login fine with the Classic client and they replied back stating they are happy I'm able to play fine with the classic client and for any problems with the Enhanced client they then referred me to the FAQ, which was of little help. Understandable though.

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
* Minor Update *

Thanks to the responses back so far.

I'm able to login and play fine using the Classic client.

I downloaded the latest directx runtime package, installed, no luck. I'm also running the latest Nvidia driver set for my graphics card. I've also tried right clicking and running as administrator with same end result, on both the UOPatch.exe and UOSA.exe.

I feel like it doesn't want to refresh or draw the next screen which would be the server listing. I installed the Enhanced client on my laptop which is running Windows Vista 64bit and logged in fine and ran with no problems.

* Also, I submitted the screen shot to EA support and updated with the other solutions I've tried and also mentioned that I'm able to login fine with the Classic client and they replied back stating they are happy I'm able to play fine with the classic client and for any problems with the Enhanced client they then referred me to the FAQ, which was of little help. Understandable though.
Off the wall question - do you (and yes, I know Win7 has DX11) have DX9 installed? It may sound like a crazy idea, BUT it is something that has to be done with Everquest, for certain, so I already had it installed, and when I run EVGA Precision with the EC, it shows as DX9 FPS, and not 11. The CC doesn't use DX at all, so it doesn't matter which version you have.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I just installed EC on my sons lap top (brand new one) and had to install dx to get it to operate right!

V

Vynlark

According to Dxdiag & Nvidia Control Panel under System Information - both show my DirectX version to be 11 which is odd I thought 11 had not yet been released and when I downloaded DirectX it said it was v9.0c from Feb of 2010.

Are you suggesting I attempt to install DX9 again or ??? Thanks again for the replies.

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
According to Dxdiag & Nvidia Control Panel under System Information - both show my DirectX version to be 11 which is odd I thought 11 had not yet been released and when I downloaded DirectX it said it was v9.0c from Feb of 2010.

Are you suggesting I attempt to install DX9 again or ??? Thanks again for the replies.
Yes - if you do not have DX9 installed, do so. It's one of those things that MSoft should have done up front, but oh well - it's not that big of a deal to do. DX10/11 are not as backward compatible as DX9 was, so many games won't operate properly without it.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
normally if the game loads and he can see the login screen the directx should be properly installed, else he would get error on launch, i had similar problem and the first solution solved the issue for me with uninstalled nvidia network manager.

if you can see the game window and stuff on it, but cant connect it is clearly a connection issue.

dunno, maybe just maybe an odd chance of a stray port forward messing with the connection from the router? ..

second firewall? tried running in admin mode? few random possibilities..

dunno mate :(

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ht/restoredx9dll.htm

Try this guys if you are getting the error that you are missing a .dll --- It did get that fixed for me, however like the first poster, I am still having issues using the EC. I put in my account name and password and hit the "log in" button and it just sits there, does not allow me to go to the shard selection screen.

BTW, installing DX11 does in fact install all previous DX versions as well --- look in your System32 folder, ocassionally a .dll might be missing and a program prompts you to install a specific .dll, and that's explained in the link above.

G

gjohnson5

ASUS M3N78-EM Mobo

This happens when I use gamebooster and it closes my anti virus gui after an update. If I turn gamebooster off and let the anti virus program prompt me that this is an ok change to UO , then the UO client will continue just fine

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't have "gamebooster" and still having this exact same problem with the SA client.

G

gjohnson5

I don't have "gamebooster" and still having this exact same problem with the SA client.
For me it was the "anti virus" program. Basically AV programs stop execution of other programs if the AV detect a change with the executable. Basically the AV thinks the other program is infected with a virus or Trojan. Anyway, This would happen every time Ultima Online is patched.....

Check your anti virus program and see if you can set the enhanced client to "trusted". That way it might not prompt you to allow the program to execute. Also make sure the anti virus GUI in the task bar is open and functional. With Eset , that GUI has to be open in order to get the prompt to allow the program to execute.

Lemme know what AV program you use and I can look into the knowledge base of that company to see how it detects program changes

H

HongKongCavalier

You could try installing Windows Virtual PC/Windows XP Mode here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

It's a step beyond just running UO in compatibility mode. As with compatibility mode, it may not be enough to just run UO in Virtual PC/XP mode; you may have to install UO in Virtual PC/XP Mode first.

If this does work, I really don't know if/how it will affect the game performance-wise; I have only used it on some older business apps. My home PC is XP, so I've never run UO on a Win7 machine.

Good luck!