• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Enhanced Client Patch Error

Wilma

Adventurer
My Enhanced Client patcher doesn't work and I get this error message:
[2023/06/21 12:22:36] Failed to load string table from [data\strings\english\patch.txt]. Trying english fallback.
[2023/06/21 12:22:36] Failed to load string table from [data\strings\english\patch.txt].
[2023/06/21 12:22:36] String table load failed!
[2023/06/21 12:22:37] Failed UI copy from [C:\Users\Me\Desktop\patchui_win.dll] to [C:\Users\Me\Desktop\patchui.dll]. Trying safety load of source dll.
[2023/06/21 12:22:37] No usable UI present! Initializing 'headless' patch.
[2023/06/21 12:22:37] libpatchclient initialized.
[2023/06/21 12:22:37] No acceptable splash screen file found.
[2023/06/21 12:22:37] Currently running as [C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\uopatch.exe]
[2023/06/21 12:22:37] Currently running as [C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\uopatch.exe]
[2023/06/21 12:22:37] Notification of restart with alternate filename
However, my classic client seems to work fine. Is there anything I can do to make the enhanced client work again?
Thanks

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sounds like you do a lot of editing of your EC files ? Did you try clicking Perform Full File check box ? And the 2 clients have no bearing on each other..completely independent..

Wilma

Adventurer
No, I don't edit anything. Just won't work and that error message pops up on my desktop in a folder called "logs". It won't let me check that perform full file check box because it doesn't get that far. Once I double click the client, then the screen pops up that asks if I want to allow this ap to make changes to my device. Then I click "yes" and that's when I get the error message. Never a chance to perform full file check. I tried the "solution" that was posted on the EA forums for this very problem, but it doesn't work in my case.
Some said that a nvidia update fixed their problem but not sure if I have nvidia on my computer.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No, I don't edit anything. Just won't work and that error message pops up on my desktop in a folder called "logs". It won't let me check that perform full file check box because it doesn't get that far. Once I double click the client, then the screen pops up that asks if I want to allow this ap to make changes to my device. Then I click "yes" and that's when I get the error message. Never a chance to perform full file check. I tried the "solution" that was posted on the EA forums for this very problem, but it doesn't work in my case.
Some said that a nvidia update fixed their problem but not sure if I have nvidia on my computer.
Nvidia would be your graphics card(driver).

Wilma

Adventurer
Thanks. I found out I actually have Radon, not Nvidia. I was hoping this would be an easy fix, but it's looking more and more like I will have to give up on the enhanced client and go with the classic. That's a lot of containers to re-arrange! LOL

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Turn off the virus program and see if it runs. Sounds like it is blocking UO.