• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] Enhanced Cilent lag during mass events

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play Enhanced Client only. When it comes to mass events, like the Crimson/Platinum Dragon fight last Friday, or the destruction of the Shadowlords last Sunday, I have the following experience:

I have no problem whatsoever with many moving objects (players, monsters) on the screen. No lag at Champ Spawns. I have no problem with my connection in ANY situation, no matter how many players are on the screen.
However, when there are many particle effects on the screen (many spells being cast, especially by Shadowlords or Crimson Dragons), I lag so bad that my screen freezes to maybe 1 frame per minute. If I adjust the graphics settings to low quality particle effects, turned off shadows etc. the lag is lightly less bad, maybe 1 frame per 30 seconds. Still totally unplayable.

I am pretty sure that the 3D particle effects cause the lag. I am using a GeForce 7600 GS adapter with 256 MB memory with the latest drivers. It is a low-level 3D adapter, but to my opinion it should be able to handle such load.
I wonder what can be done to solve this.

I guess it is mostly a programming issue. I know that such effects could run much more efficiently if programmed right. I don't want to spend $100 on a new graphics adapter, which will also burn more power, without knowing whether it will solve the problem. Besides, I am way above the system specifics recommended by EA. My computer has a 3.8 GHz dual core CPU with 2 GB RAM. I run a resolution of 1280x1024. When I switch to Legacy Client, I can play very well.

• Is this a beta issue, which will be resolved?
  • What is your experience at such events?
  • Do you have similar issues, and if not, what kind of 3D Card do you use?

Any help would be appreciated!

D

Der Rock

I play Enhanced Client only. When it comes to mass events, like the Crimson/Platinum Dragon fight last Friday, or the destruction of the Shadowlords last Sunday, I have the following experience:

I have no problem whatsoever with many moving objects (players, monsters) on the screen. No lag at Champ Spawns. I have no problem with my connection in ANY situation, no matter how many players are on the screen.
However, when there are many particle effects on the screen (many spells being cast, especially by Shadowlords or Crimson Dragons), I lag so bad that my screen freezes to maybe 1 frame per minute. If I adjust the graphics settings to low quality particle effects, turned off shadows etc. the lag is lightly less bad, maybe 1 frame per 30 seconds. Still totally unplayable.

I am pretty sure that the 3D particle effects cause the lag. I am using a GeForce 7600 GS adapter with 256 MB memory with the latest drivers. It is a low-level 3D adapter, but to my opinion it should be able to handle such load.
I wonder what can be done to solve this.

I guess it is mostly a programming issue. I know that such effects could run much more efficiently if programmed right. I don't want to spend $100 on a new graphics adapter, which will also burn more power, without knowing whether it will solve the problem. Besides, I am way above the system specifics recommended by EA. My computer has a 3.8 GHz dual core CPU with 2 GB RAM. When I switch to Legacy Client, I can play very well.

• Is this a beta issue, which will be resolved?
  • What is your experience at such events?
  • Do you have similar issues, and if not, what kind of 3D Card do you use?

Any help would be appreciated!
this "event" was only another example how they please the scripter and client manipulators
draconi, don´t call it "3 top damager reward",it is more like "TOP CHEATER REWARDS"
it was simply ludicrously, nothing else :(
where was the fun??????? it was a dia show nothing else :(
who cares about 3d effect crap if you can´t move LOL
(all grafic/options set to LOW lvl),what a crap show

no chance to convince us to buy extra expansions
(congratulation for dispel potential customer)
:(

Decors

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<Is this a beta issue, which will be resolved?>
I don't think so. At least then can't resolve them asap.

<What is your experience at such events?>
Same here.All 3D effects makes huge lag. Especially Conflagration,Exp pot....etc.

Even Core2Quad and GT280 with 4G Memory,
My FPS was totally 0 every nova flame.
I closed client 5times in the event.
Also I Switched to KR at that event.
KR was much much faster and beautiful. lol

I don't know if they can publish Enhanced client.
Maybe Next year?

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SAme issues here, Particle effects are tapping out the graphics cards. I have a 1GB card and at things like this event, can't even move in the enhanced client. This has got to be fixed.

F

Fink

I had the same problem just being near one or two shadowlord manifestations during the invasion, with maybe 15 people. Lagged up so bad I was tempted to simply punch the reset button on the box. :thumbdown:

I think I experienced around 40-second lag bursts, hard to gauge without a stopwatch (or sundial for that matter :cursing:). I went to the finale today on classic client and it performed better in worse conditions than enhanced did in the above example.

Something really, really needs to be done to performance, loading, caching.. it's simply ridiculous. Scooting through the Dojo is perfect, going near houses, mobs, town etc is chocolate-coated crap-on-a-stick.