• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Alchemy] Enhance pots... worth going from 50 to higher? (plus pot related stat cap Q)

G

Gellor

Title sort of states it. I understand most of the nuances of enhance pots but seeking some clarification since I haven't used it in a while ;)

My char has GM alchemy and is a PvP dexer. He has a good bracelet with 20 EP. I'm debating whether I need to track down a ecru ring or not to finish the char off.

Also, I've got a little confusion on the stat cap. I understand it includes items... but does it include pots? I've looked a couple places and only one mentioned "when worn". Anyone? I'm trying to figure out my suit.

S

Stupid Miner

Title sort of states it. I understand most of the nuances of enhance pots but seeking some clarification since I haven't used it in a while ;)

My char has GM alchemy and is a PvP dexer. He has a good bracelet with 20 EP. I'm debating whether I need to track down a ecru ring or not to finish the char off.

Also, I've got a little confusion on the stat cap. I understand it includes items... but does it include pots? I've looked a couple places and only one mentioned "when worn". Anyone? I'm trying to figure out my suit.
EP for items is capped at 50%.

It's a stat cap, not an item cap.

G

Gellor

EP for items is capped at 50%.
GM alchy allows one to go higher than 50%... I believe the magic number is 80%. Unless EA for some random reason changed it the last couple months.

It's a stat cap, not an item cap.
No idea what you are trying to state here. In numerous documents, I've read the two following:
1) Natural stat cap is 125. There is NO way to allocate more points to a stat naturally beyond 125.
2) Item stat cap is 150. The only thing I've seen specifically mentioned is items worn. But what I am unclear of is whether pots count toward this or not.

For item two, just as a random example, lets say I've got natural 125 dex. I then wear a jackals collar. This puts me at 140 dex. Now, let us say I drink a greater dex pot. In theory, it gives 20 dex to a user with no EP or alchemy. So is my dex now at 150? Or does it go to 160?

S

Stupid Miner

GM alchy allows one to go higher than 50%... I believe the magic number is 80%. Unless EA for some random reason changed it the last couple months.

No idea what you are trying to state here. In numerous documents, I've read the two following:
1) Natural stat cap is 125. There is NO way to allocate more points to a stat naturally beyond 125.
2) Item stat cap is 150. The only thing I've seen specifically mentioned is items worn. But what I am unclear of is whether pots count toward this or not.

For item two, just as a random example, lets say I've got natural 125 dex. I then wear a jackals collar. This puts me at 140 dex. Now, let us say I drink a greater dex pot. In theory, it gives 20 dex to a user with no EP or alchemy. So is my dex now at 150? Or does it go to 160?
Item cap for EP is 50%. So 70% EP from items = 50% EP.

125 is the natural gain cap. 150 is the hard cap. Stat derivates (stamina, mana) can go past 150, the stats themselves can't. I believe there's also an item cap for HP at 150.

And the answer is it'll give you 150. But don't believe me, test it on test center. That's what it's there for.

G

Gellor

Just tested my dex theory and yup, it is a cap of 150 for items and pots. Now I get to fiddle with more of my suit :thumbsup:

Item cap for EP is 50%. So 70% EP from items = 50% EP.
My understanding is the 50% cap is if you don't have alchemy. Having the alchemy skill boosts that cap. So if I have GM alchemy, I am allowed to have 80% EP(I think 80% was magic number) But as I said, as often as EA changes stuff at random, I'm not so certain.

S

Stupid Miner

Just tested my dex theory and yup, it is a cap of 150 for items and pots. Now I get to fiddle with more of my suit :thumbsup:

My understanding is the 50% cap is if you don't have alchemy. Having the alchemy skill boosts that cap. So if I have GM alchemy, I am allowed to have 80% EP(I think 80% was magic number) But as I said, as often as EA changes stuff at random, I'm not so certain.
In addition to the alchemy benefit? Maybe... just test it.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Enhance potions does not go above 80%. to get to 80. you need a ring to get to 50, the item cap, then 30 with GM Alchemy. 50+30 = 80.

The real question is why is an item better than skill....