• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Event EM Tiberies Event, Saturday February 16, Noon Eastern

EMTiberies

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
There will be an EM Tiberies event, this Saturday, February 16, at Noon Eastern.

This year's reenactment of the long-ago walk of the monk Brialla of the Seven Tears from Yew to Minoc has been threatened by the Mondain Cult known as We, the Forgotten.

You will be providing security for the walk.

Gather outside the Yew Abbey.

(This event has nothing directly to do with Valentine's Day.)

This event will be entitled "The Seven Tears."

EMTiberies

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Apologies for having to cancel this event, but in my experience events that begin with minor disruptions end with major ones.

It seems I cannot start events anyplace where there isn't a barrier around me.

The event will be rescheduled, and it'll start at the EM Hall where, while disruptions sadly remain possible, they are more difficult and thus do not potentially run the risk of setting a bad tone for the entire event.

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apologies for having to cancel this event, but in my experience events that begin with minor disruptions end with major ones.

It seems I cannot start events anyplace where there isn't a barrier around me.

The event will be rescheduled, and it'll start at the EM Hall where, while disruptions sadly remain possible, they are more difficult and thus do not potentially run the risk of setting a bad tone for the entire event.
Tib, I dont blame you at all for cancelling, I woulda done same thing. I have not had chance to make to many events lately because work, but was able to be here and it sucks people need so much attention that they gotta use a game for it. It stems from the Mom and Dad not loving the child, they grow up and find a way to say "Hey look at me", this is a factor in why people are leaving UO by the masses.

Gantry

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand your frustration, but also don't think we should let a few or several people cause a major disruption. Is there not a way for EM's to squelch people for like 60 secs or tele them away. Maybe a GM should tag along hidden to send ones you request to jail till event is over? It's a tough job for sure but the other option lets them feel they win. Events are too fun to let a few ruin them is all.

Jordy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree the distractions were annoying, but by cancelling the event you gave the griefers a victory. Their goal is to ruin others' gameplay. They won. In the future, I'd find a better way around dealing with distractions that don't punish those who are trying to participate and reward those who are trying to disrupt.

EMTiberies

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
When the event is rescheduled it will start at the EM Hall (West Britain Counselors' Guild Hall), the normal start place.

Because of the stage there there is a greater physical distance between myself and potential griefers, which is a factor.

It doesn't make griefing impossible by any stretch, but it makes it more difficult, and mitigates its effects to some degree.

Again, apologies for having to cancel (though I guess technically it's merely postponed).

Last edited:

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I totally understand and respect your decision. It is a shame that the few bad apples ruin things. I wish you guys had the right to send guys to jail and squelch them again.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only one of many reasons some of us have stopped attending events. It's not as if this is the first time children have acted out at an event on Atlantic, it's part of the event as far a I can tell, it's a constant. Another is the massive gating in of friends as the main boss spawns. Thus allowing entire guilds to join in at he end, who have done nothing fir the entire event.

Simply put, EM's need much more power and authority, and GM's need to be there to jail and or ban those who make a habit of disruption. I'm sure it's not a huge issue on other shards, but Atlantic has always been a griefer paradise!

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Simply put, EM's need much more power and authority
I brought this up to Mesanna about a month ago (Mainly giving EMs power to squelch again). She pretty much said they were never going to get those kind of powers again.

I know the original EM program had alot of corruption, but its too bad they cant just be given the one power to help handle the crowds.

OvenBird

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sad to hear about the trolling, that always sucks.

However on a selfish note, as I couldn't make it earlier today I'm glad I might make it to the rain-check event.