• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[EM News] Royalty on the Guest List

Brytt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From www.goldenbrewtavern.com

Elias watched silently as Queen Dawn paced back and forth in her study. The queen had grown increasingly frustrated over the recent events related to the ongoing trial. Now, the guards had her cooped up in the castle with some vague warning about a yet to be determined threat to her safety.

Suddenly, with a deep breath she stopped. Turning towards Elias, she spoke with a majestic voice,

Change of plans. I will be attending the re-opening ceremony of the Golden Brew Tavern this coming Sunday.

But, my Queen! The royal guards have explicitly recommended against…

With a wave of her hand, she made it clear to him that she was not interested in arguing about this any further. It always surprised him how quickly Dawn was able to switch into the role of a queen, once she made up her mind.

Very well, Your Highness. I will make the proper arrangements.

Nodding at him, she started pacing again but continued talking while gesturing at no one in particular.

Elias, I do not take lightly the warnings of the thiefmaster or the guards… I too believe that we might be standing at the cusp of a deeper crises.

For weeks now we have been troubled by this so-called Britannian Purity League. Surely, we have managed to bring to trial some of their supporters but none of us know who is truly behind this.

Turning towards him again with a dark look, she continued,

Has it not occurred to you that this might be some type of a ruse… a distraction..? This would not be the first time that powerful foes have used such tactic while they gather forces.

It is important that we do not lose the big picture. We have to keep our vision broad and most importantly, not shut ourselves from our people. For it is the people who will save our collective necks when the enemy decides to strike.

And so, I will attend the ceremony at the Golden Brew and I will celebrate with them.