• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[EM News] Guide to the Mythical Birds and Beasts of Britain

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guide to the Mythical Birds and Beasts of Britain
EMSeppo

Players are invited to submit a “chapter” that describes a mythical creature of Sosaria. This chapter will be eventually added to Martin Lacey’s A GUIDE TO THE MYTHICAL BIRDS AND BEASTS OF BRITAIN and copies of the book will be made available, possibly as a reward. Your name will be credited as the original source of the myth in the book.

The goal is to have at least 10 chapters. A chapter consists of a short essay about a mythical creature of your concoction. You are more than welcome to borrow from Ultima lore. Who knows maybe your creation might be the one that Lacey sends you out on a quest for?

The essay should follow the following format,

1) Name:

2) Origin:

3) Physical characteristics:

4) Magical characteristics:

5) Range and habitat:

6) Additional notes:

Your essay does not have to cover all of the above points, but the final book chapters will be published in this format. If information is lacking for any of the points, it will simply state “unknown” or “none”, as appropriate. For instance, not every creature needs to have magical characteristics.

Technical notes:

1) If you want to see your creation in action, then it needs to be something based on what already exists in UO. I am not going to be able to get new art for a five-headed snow leopard anytime soon.

2) You are allowed to submit multiple entries.

3) You can also submit a creature that is not necessarily qualified as a bird or a beast. As long as she/he/it is not human. For example, Orobas would qualify as one.

4) The key word here is mythical – so something that does not normally exist in the game. It can be a little known sub-species of orc, or something completely unheard of.

5) I will accept submissions till we get enough to compile a full guide. Please, use the feedback link to send your submission (include the information regarding who to credit).

6) An online version of the guide will also be published on here. So, if you would like to include any type of art, upload it somewhere and send the link.

I hope that the creative minds and tamers enjoy this opportunity.

S

siyeng0

Does "of Britain" mean limited specifically to the city of Britain? Just the realm of Britannia (so, Trammel/Felucca?) or does it signify the whole of Sosaria, and Seppo just said "Britain" by accident? (not trying to be snarky here, I do this all the time). It says "Britain" in the title and "Sosaria" in the description, so I'm guessing it's the latter.

EMSeppo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is meant to be Britannia, but you can add creatures from other regions.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Britannia refers to a limited geographic Kingdom. Sosaria is the world as a whole.

We shall forgive Martin. This time.