• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Auction] EM Named Bags - ENDED - Reserve met - Paid and collected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olive Oyle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hello all,

Previously I queried a price check on a few 'Named Bags' that I picked up during a recent EM event on Oceania.

At the suggestion of Manticore, I contacted Mesanna to confirm that it was Ok to keep them. Below please find my my Email conversation - Mesanna has allowed me to keep the items :).

I now offer them for possible sale - These items will be available on, and gold accepted on, Atlantic

Auction is to end at 12.00 pm, Sunday 12 May 2013 Australian EST - 10 Minute rule will apply

I reserve the right not to sell if prices are considered too low - All bids are to be posted and no PM or ICQ bids will be excepted. (Edited post will be ignored)

Thanks Olive.

ICQ 685818167

AMENDMENT 11/05/2013 - Please read

Good Morning all,

Firstly:
Assia Penryn, - the only item in the bag is a Rune for location of the bags name. I can/will remove from bag if an issue.

Secondly:
Over the course of the night I received a number of 'off market' offers for the items as a set. As it is stated above and in all my previous auctions I have held over recent times, all bids should be made in the thread for fairness to all and transparency to all. So normally I have ignored offers received outside of the threads.

Having said, I have received a couple of very attractive private bids/queries for all the bags as a set which I cannot ignore. In light of these offers I have determined to amend the conditions of the auction:

1) I am willing to sell and will accept offers for these items as a set.

2) As a set, I have set a reserve of 500 Million - therefore it is anticipated that the combined individual sale prices would need to exceed the reserve price.

3) I reserve the right to end the auction early if I get a price that I am happy with - The current highest offer is certainly very tempting - but in the spirit of fairness that I have advertised these changes so as to give others the opportunity to provide any offers they were considering.

Thank you for your consideration

Olive Oyle

ICQ 685818167

Current Biding:

As a Set of 5 Bags:

2. Assia Penryn 25 Mil

ITEM 1

ITEM 2

ITEM 3

ITEM 4

ITEM 5

Last edited:

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I notice a few of the bags have item counts, is that something you've put in them and can it be removed?

If it can, I'll bid 25m on item 2, Dragon Island. Makes me nervous to have something in the bag that I can't see. I worry a GM can see the hidden item and it'll be spanksville for me. *grins* I'm a bit paranoid about such things.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the head's up on the amendment! They are lovely items, but since my bid doesn't match up to your reserve, please go ahead and remove my bid.

Good luck with your auction and thank you for your dedication to making the auction transparent by having people post offers here. Makes it much easier especially with possible unique items when we can track their sales history.

Best of luck! I hope your reserves are met.

Olive Oyle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Good Morning All,

Another beautiful day has dawned and there is only about 4.5 Hours to go

Good luck all

Olive Oyle

ICQ 685818167

PS - As stated above, I had received numerous off market bids prior to the change in auction conditions - the reserve was met by one of those queries and so all items will be sold

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im not sure if i am in on time if not its ok but ill bid 15 mil on each bags 1,3,4 and 5

Last edited:

Olive Oyle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hello all,

Reserve was met and items have been paid for and collected.

Thank you to all who submitted prices.

Olive Oyle

ICA 685818167

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I take it... you didn't care about the bids in the ACTUAL thread. Bad business in my opinion, state that you WILL NOT accept Private bids and then change the rules completely and decide to. You know, if you would have AT LEAST posted what his/her bids were on each bag, maybe myself or someone else could have outbid them. Giving you more money. But as the mods always say, everyone can run their own auction the way they want to, just very poor business technique. Congrats to whoever bought the bags.

Last edited:
Reactions: S_S

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I take it... you didn't care about the bids in the ACTUAL thread. Bad business in my opinion, state that you WILL NOT accept Private bids and then change the rules completely and decide to. You know, if you would have AT LEAST posted what his/her bids were on each bag, maybe myself or someone else could have outbid them. Giving you more money. But as the mods always say, everyone can run their own auction the way they want to, just very poor business technique. Congrats to whoever bought the bags.
/agreed

Olive Oyle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
To Alexander and S_S,

I am not sure how more transparent I could have been?

I have read and re-read both my post (including the amendment) and the 4.5 hours to go 'Bump'

In all the above I made it clear:

1. That I had received offers outside of the Auction
2. That as a result, the conditions of the auction had been changed - clear 24 hour warning was given
3. That as a result of the offers, I had set a reserve of 500 Million both as a set OR combined price if purchased individually

Then at the 4.5 Hour 'Bump' I even reminded everyone of the off market offers with the post script of " PS - As stated above, I had received numerous off market bids prior to the change in auction conditions - the reserve was met by one of those queries and so all items will be sold "

What part of reserve was met by one of those queries and so items will be sold was not clear. It seems fairly unambiguous to me that should the reserve NOT be met within the auction conditions, that I would sell to the highest off market offer.

The auction ended on time and all items were passed in WITHOUT the reserve being met - so items were subsequently sold privately outside of the auction.

Now, I really can not see how I could have been more transparent - please let me know for future auction. I am sorry if you feel that the auction was not fair - I do not see it that way.

If you really wanted the items then you should have bid the reserve at least.

Thank you

Olive Oyle

Last edited:

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay, apparently I wasn't clear either. I understand that there was a RESERVE on each bag, of 100M. But again, without knowing what the current offer is, I was going blind. You said there WILL NOT BE private bids, and you changed the auction Completely. I had FULL INTENTIONS on buying that Dragon bag, if that means paying 100M+. I have been on stratics for around 4 years or more, I have had the account for 3 years.

I understand you got a private bid of whatever amount. Here is a TRUE story, that belongs on this thread SO BAD.

Sometime last year, I was selling a high end item. I too stated in the thread, that I WILL NOT ACCEPT PRIVATE BIDS. Even though I said it, I still got PM bids, and they were well over what I wanted and what I had expected. But I am always true to my word. I told that person to post in the thread, or the bid doesn't count. He didn't post, I sold the item for about 75% less than what I would have gotten, if I did take his Private bid. So here is an example:

- Item in Auction
- Auction ends - highest bid in auction 250M
- Private bid of 1bil
- I stay true to my word, sell it for 250M
- I lost 750M that I could have had

You see where I'm getting at? Don't post in your auctions that there will be no private bidders, if you have no intentions in keeping it that way. It really irritates MANY people in the community, I'm just the typical person who will say it instead of keeping it in.

I was actually waiting to see if you would post what the current offer was, so I could bid again. "If you really want the item, then bid the reserve".... well.... what if I did bid the reserve, and the Private bid is a little over than the reserve. Well I just wasted my time because no bid was posted. See what I'm getting at? I'm not going to be in a bid war with a ghost, even it is an item that I truly want.

I love Dragons, in RL and in-game. I have a Dragon statue collection in real life, and soon will want to make one in-game. I don't know how much you got for that Dragon bag, I don't even want to know now. But I will say this, you could potentially got more for it if you stayed true to your word, as in the original post. I'll know better next time.

(This will be my final post, I don't want to upset the Mods by turning this thread into an argument. At this time, I bow out.)

Last edited:

Olive Oyle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Okay, apparently I wasn't clear either. I understand that there was a RESERVE on each bag, of 100M. But again, without knowing what the current offer is, I was going blind. You said there WILL NOT BE private bids, and you changed the auction Completely. I had FULL INTENTIONS on buying that Dragon bag, if that means paying 100M+. I have been on stratics for around 4 years or more, I have had the account for 3 years.

I understand you got a private bid of whatever amount. Here is a TRUE story, that belongs on this thread SO BAD.

Sometime last year, I was selling a high end item. I too stated in the thread, that I WILL NOT ACCEPT PRIVATE BIDS. Even though I said it, I still got PM bids, and they were well over what I wanted and what I had expected. But I am always true to my word. I told that person to post in the thread, or the bid doesn't count. He didn't post, I sold the item for about 75% less than what I would have gotten, if I did take his Private bid. So here is an example:

- Item in Auction
- Auction ends - highest bid in auction 250M
- Private bid of 1bil
- I stay true to my word, sell it for 250M
- I lost 750M that I could have had

You see where I'm getting at? Don't post in your auctions that there will be no private bidders, if you have no intentions in keeping it that way. It really irritates MANY people in the community, I'm just the typical person who will say it instead of keeping it in.

I was actually waiting to see if you would post what the current offer was, so I could bid again. "If you really want the item, then bid the reserve".... well.... what if I did bid the reserve, and the Private bid is a little over than the reserve. Well I just wasted my time because no bid was posted. See what I'm getting at? I'm not going to be in a bid war with a ghost, even it is an item that I truly want.

I love Dragons, in RL and in-game. I have a Dragon statue collection in real life, and soon will want to make one in-game. I don't know how much you got for that Dragon bag, I don't even want to know now. But I will say this, you could potentially got more for it if you stayed true to your word, as in the original post. I'll know better next time.

(This will be my final post, I don't want to upset the Mods by turning this thread into an argument. At this time, I bow out.)
Hello Alexander,

My head says let it go - But I cannot.

Your logic makes no sense to me / i don't see how your example bears any resemblance to what happen here.

Everyone on Stratics had ample opportunity to make an offer - Had someone offered the reserve price, that would have created a different outcome - those people who had previously made an off market offer/queries would have been required to enter the auction - however as the reserve was NOT met, this did not happen / was not required.

Even after being advised that I had offers at the reserve, you posted an offer of 35 Mil for the lot! Furthermore, if I read what you post correctly, you expected me to disregard my stated reserve, disregard those offers, and sell them to you at your offered price? (NB - it is noted that your offer was made AFTER the auction was amended and AFTER the warning in relation to previous offers having met the reserve)

You then go on the state that you would have offered 100 Mil + for just one bag - If that is what it was worth to you, why did you make such a low offer, particularly when it appears that you were well aware of the reserve price?

In relation to off market offers, why would I post offers out side of the auction when I had stated that offers out side WOULD NOT BE ACCEPTED ?

Having said that - I did point out that some of those offers were at the reserve price and if the auction was not successful I would likely explore those offers.

I DID NOT accept any bids out side of the auction - what happen was that the auction ended WITHOUT the reserve being met. Therefore I was quite within my rights, having failed to sell the item, to explore alternatives options to realise an acceptable price for myself.

All I can say is again, I am sorry if you feel that the auction was not fair - I do not see it that way.

Thank you

Olive Oyle

PS, what does account age have to do with our discussions ? - I have held my account for near on 16 years - means nothing other than I have a very patient partner and lover :heart:Ohh, and patient children ;)

(Like you - This will be my final post, I also don't want to upset the Mods by turning this thread into an argument passionate discussion at this time, I also now bow out)

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alright, both sides have shared their viewpoint and I'm locking this thread.

I don't see a meeting of the minds in the works, but I encourage all the parties to contact each other privately to work out their differences to promote future trade between them. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.