• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Em Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went to the EM event last night, not knowing what it is or what it was about, thinking it would be something fun...

Instead we ran around for 2 hours.

I understand some people enjoy the roleplaying part of ultima, but for those who don't I think that a warning should be in place. I had no idea that it would be a giant waste of time, following someone around for 2 hours. All I am asking is that if the event is going to be something horribly boring that they should tell us. I do not enjoy running around in trammel to areas I've been to many many times for nothing. Some events can be fun, I've been to events on several shards, I've been to pvp events on several shards, this was not what I would call an event, this was a mob of people circling trammel for 2 hours.
I feel like I've been cheated for wasting my time. So as I said I would like a warning of some type put in to let people who do not roleplay, who are not "up to speed" on EM events to know what it is about. If someone had said this will be a lot of running threw trammel for 2 hours I would not have gone. I didn't even get the chance to kill any of the few creatures that the em spawned up because there were so many of us. In the very least they could spawn some things that would whipe us all out.. that would be fun.

I just want to be told that it is going to be stupid, so I don't waste my UO time following some idiot around.

Jordy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think this should be in the EM forum, but regardless, it should have been pretty obvious from the first 5 minutes of the event that this was part of an ongoing storyline. We started out questioning someone about previous events and then proceeded to follow up on information that was given in that interview. It wasn't just a matter of running around for 2 hours, we had several instances where we stopped to kill off lots of spawn and I understand that there were several rare drops looted from these. (I didn't receive anything, but I heard that others did). At any point you could have decided it was a "waste of your time" and left. I'm thinking that you most likely stayed the whole time because you thought you'd get a shiny at the end of it and you're whole irritated post is because you didn't.

I don't think it would be that difficult for EM's to put "continuing storyline" in the event descriptions, but I don't think that it would really matter. The same people will still complain that they "wasted their time" because they showed up for it and didn't get a sash or a doublet or a candy cane.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Moved by Lord Gareth

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All of our events fall into three categories...

Contests

PvP

RP/Story Continuation

If we are on our robe characters, we are doing one of the first two styles of events.

If we are using some of the various RPCs then it is a storyline continuation. Whether that storyline is advanced by a dungeon crawl, or a journey through the lands at it's core it is an RP experience, after all that's what we are here for.

PASmountaindew

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Locked by me. I think the OP expressed his or her feelings about the event and I think the EM gave a good enough explanation. This lock is to keep the freshness in and the trolls out.

Status
Not open for further replies.