• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) EM Event? Mages/Mystics only?

L

lancelot99

Seems all mob that spawned were wiped out by Auto-targeting EV's and RC's while everyone else had to wade through 30+names to target the *Cake* monsters, and by then, it was dead...

Was this intended?

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm,
I was under the impresion that everyone was going to get a cake at the end for the 6 people getting 3 questions correct. :confused:
I was wrong. :(

Europa Trader

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Well it always seemed like Mages did not have a chance of looting rights, when its a big crowd small area. Tamers with pets do a lof of damage, while and EV hardly does much these days. Many times has the events been in areas where EVs could not be casted. Warriors always been the best to fight with, so basicly its just about making a char that actually has a chance of killing something at events.

What we expect from what impression the EM's give from what they are saying, in many cases are very different from what is going to happen. For me Europa Events is about items, I don't think, they can compete with the fun I had at other shards. But there are boring things on other shards aswell. But Europa doesnt even give many items out on a year, compared to others, but well its EM's choice, I stopped playing because the game was no longer fun, RTB has not changed my point of view on this. But its not just the events, for me its the whole game. But my playing style the events are a big part of it.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ET, I was on a tamer, and I didn't get looting rights even on the monsters I could get too... and my Greater is 4.3 rated. Most of the time though I couldn't even get to them as pets can't pass human players, where as EVs can, hence why people spam them. Most of the loot went to the overpowered templates de-jour again; Sampires, Gargoyle Throwers etc.

L

lancelot99

'' Most of the loot went to the overpowered templates de-jour again; Sampires, Gargoyle Throwers etc.''

Totally wrong sadly..., the goodies went to the mystic/mages - auto casting EV's and RC's...
I was on a Thrower and no chance to lock onto the Spawn, never mind actually hit it!! (The EV's and RC's auti targeted them and killed them without having to wade through 40+ names on the screen!

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
'' Most of the loot went to the overpowered templates de-jour again; Sampires, Gargoyle Throwers etc.''

Totally wrong sadly..., the goodies went to the mystic/mages - auto casting EV's and RC's...
I was on a Thrower and no chance to lock onto the Spawn, never mind actually hit it!! (The EV's and RC's auti targeted them and killed them without having to wade through 40+ names on the screen!
This simply isn't true, at least not for pure mages. RCs yes because they hit so hard, but Energy Vortex does hardly any damage against Guardian level mobs, even when combined with Earthquake, even if both EVs manage to attack the same target at once, certainly not compared to the others hitting on it. Remember, you have to be top 10 damage to even get looting rights.
The one person I know who got a cake legitimately was there on a melee template. In the Enhanced Client just switch the tabs to Mobiles, it'll only show the monster mobs, double click the target, and stand next to it; if you're staying in Classic Client and legal yes you're at a disadvantage. But a lot of the people there just to leach drops won't have limited themselves to either.

L

lancelot99

Well, i was there on Classic client, so can only speak for me... but as soon as i did latch on, it was dead...
Very fustrating!