• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[EM Event] Halloween! Event 31st October 8pm UK time

K

Kayne

There will be an event October 31st at 8pm UK time.

Starting location Counsellors' Hall , North Britain Trammel.

Best come prepared to fight!

Sarakan

Source: Halloween Event

K

Kayne

November 1st for me :bdh:
For those outside of the UK don't forget the UK's clocks go back an hour on Sunday 30th. So the time given for this event is 8pm GMT (not BST which is what we are in at the moment)

No idea if that makes it any better for you R Traveler.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was really really hoping the europa EMs would folllow suit with the likes of Baja EMs....seems Baja is doing the same event a few different times to give ''everyone a chance '' depending on what time of day they play...that really is a thoughtfull touch by some very thoughtfull EMs...i hope europa will follow suit.....and run it at least 3x during the day???

K

Kayne

So half the shard can't come to the start of the event?
Don't look at me, speak to the EM. But half the shard is a huge exaggeration of the numbers in fel. That and I doubt you have absolutely no blue chars.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't look at me, speak to the EM. But half the shard is a huge exaggeration of the numbers in fel. That and I doubt you have absolutely no blue chars.
There was an EM Event in Felucca last week; the thread is on this very page of Stratics still at the time of posting my reply... and despite all the begging for one there, only "a few WoY" members turned up. No reports of Merv that I can see though...

You know it's been 14 years now, but one day I have hope the devs and powers that be will come to understand that many of the most vocal Fel players have both an over inflated sense of their own worth and importance ("Half the shard"..!!!) but will also say and do anything at all to maintain that, including hiding what it is they actually want, or outright running away from it (Witness the disastrous responses to the feelers put out on a "Classic" shard for not being pure enough for these special little dark snowflakes)...

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Adol i gave up reading your post sorry.

My point on the EM events is there is no reason to not hold all events in fel. Then if reds desire to join in the event they can. Also might i add a red to join in one of these events would be extremly suicidal but still they have the choice.

As for the EM event recently in fel i was away on the date it happened and i saw the book had a quick run about to find this lord luxford not a clue where and so never got any further. A few others have meantioned the same.

Seems to me if an event was to occur in trammel there is a date time and place posted.

I shall also miss this event because im at work but i dont expect the shard to revolve around me unlike some people.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

My point on the EM events is there is no reason to not hold all events in fel. Then if reds desire to join in the event they can. Also might i add a red to join in one of these events would be extremly suicidal but still they have the choice.

As for the EM event recently in fel i was away on the date it happened and i saw the book had a quick run about to find this lord luxford not a clue where and so never got any further. A few others have meantioned the same.

Seems to me if an event was to occur in trammel there is a date time and place posted.

I shall also miss this event because im at work but i dont expect the shard to revolve around me unlike some people.
Well there is a very good reason actually if you think about it.

To hold the events in both Trammel AND Fel would involve precisely twice the time and work for the EMs. As we have no idea of the time periods for which they are engaged it is possible that to actually do it might mean that there would only be half the events that are now done.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I wasn't talking about you as such, but the infamous Merv and a great number of the loud mouthed idiots that spoil both the boards and General chat with their unreasonable egos.

But to answer you with the greater respect you do deserve; Firstly, not every event is scripted and timed in Trammel either, indeed the events previous to this, Mericles and his gates, were set up over a week and the times left vague. And there have been plenty of hunting for clues storylines... the Royal Investigator system is based on this, and off the top of my head, the huge bear and it's cubs plot was a similar set up. Now, something I disagree with our EMs on, in that I don't think the preference for letting players solve puzzles for themselves often works here; it's a good idea in single player games, but when the Event chat channel is being swamped by hundreds of people repeating a misunderstood phrase they got from someone who is standing in the wrong place... well it's impossible to really filter information accurately. Of course, if you know a hardcore group of very high intelligence, and dedicated rares collectors like I do in my alliance (Heimlich, Traveller, Your Granny etc... apologies to anyone not mentioned!) then yes you can follow such quests; at the cost of upsetting everyone else who doesn't get to the items given for solving it like we did, and fears it's a Cartel and unfair etc.

Yet the reason EM events are not held constantly in Felucca is the same reason the majority of the player base moved to Trammel... they just don't like PvP. And as that's a universal constant across the entire Felucca shard, why hold an event there when it's thus likely to involve PvP too? Event players want Events, not Event +...

But if you stand up and say "Ok, be in this place, at that time..." in Felucca... well, it doesn't take much imagination to see what the result would be. In that case, I think allowing people to do it in a subtle way, and at your own time, makes a bit more sense.

Do you really not understand the consequences of the game style you are defending then? This is just as much part of being Red as the colour itself; it's the nature of the beast. And making an informed choice to be Red has to take this into account; The same way that choosing to be Square gives some benefits (stability) but loses others when compared to being a Circle (You can't roll)... but as much as you wish to have both, you can't. You simply can't be Circle and Square simultaneously. And the kind of person who deserves respect is the one who, in full knowledge of all of these limitations in reality, chooses to be Red all the same.

I'm not going to patronize you and say "Well maybe one of your 7 characters should have been blue then", because if that's not the case, you made your choices and hopefully rationally... but there's no way anyone can say "But I should still have structured events in Felucca." It doesn't work. It's never worked. And for all Merv's gobbiness, he didn't even turn up (let alone "half the shard") at the one listed, because a lot of the time, they aren't even being honest about wanting role-played events anyway.

But if you're honest yourself, is that actually want you actually wants is for the red playstyle to be integrated into Events all the time? Events +? In which case we are straight back to square one again, because that's not what the majority of players of MMOs have ever wanted, and have never embraced in this game except when these worlds were too new for there to be any other alternative.

You something can't be Red and Blue simultaneously. I'm sorry, you just can't; separate characters allows you to go both Blue and Red, but the two shapes are too radically different.

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fel has Guard zones.. So why would pvp have to happen? The only way pvp could happen is if blues engaged in combat with another person. Ive said this before the people taking the risk are reds blues would vastly outnumber any reds as currently happens in fel.

As for two instances no run all events in fel no trammel. In Guard zones theres nothing reds can do. factions can fight of course but thats faction fighting something which should be happening in trammel anyway.

The fact is 95% of all current EM event occur in trammel. Also 99% of all events start in Trammel so if thats the case how can the fel population reguardless of there status in your eyes take part?

Also if this is the case currently how can we possibly know from previous events which were held in trammel of the possible excursion into fel??

Its a case of equality!

PJay
::part of the reds have rights campaign 2011::

TooFastForYew

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EM's will NEVER do events in Fel, they are trammies themselves.

That's something I learned to live with when I cared about events/UO

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also if this is the case currently how can we possibly know from previous events which were held in trammel of the possible excursion into fel??
Personally I thought the book about Fel event which has been locked down at Yew gate made it pretty obvious :love:

G

Guards Guards

I live in Fel and would like to see more events in Fel. I believe events should be opened up to all characters.