EM Event Brain Storm!

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 27, 2008
Our great Helios has so far been a pretty decent EM. He shows great potential for our shard. We should, as a shard, brain storm in one thread to continue to provide him with material for ideas. Good or bad, anything in a brainstorming session can spark genius in the mind of another.

My suggestion. Addition of a tunnel from britain bank west to britain moongate much as on Great lakes. Its a short cut that makes britain west more convenient.

Other ideas; more changes to the looks of cities. Make some of the surroundings of faction bases look more controlled by those factions. One thing though, don't add too many blocking items.

like outside com base, throw some npc mages(just the ones with no purpose that don't attack).

outside sl base put some hanging skeletons on the outside of the walls. some skull banners etc.

outside minax red banners etc.

you get the idea.

What would you guys like to see?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 26, 2008
Texas
Good Ideas.

Don't think the EM's can make the tunnel tho, would take quite a bit of dev coding I imagine. But, they probably could set down a teleporter tile at the bank, and at the moongate...(A gold pile at the gate to click to go to bank, a world map at the bank to click to go to the moongate?)

A gate could be added at the bank as well, when/if it gets the remodel that's due. (that's not meant as snide as it sounded, we know the dev's are busy right now).

For those of us that don't pvp or pk, (yeah I'm the consumate Trammie) maybe some events that involve some pvp in a controlled environment, much like the RP wars of the past. Bring back Order/Chaos, with an EM controlling each, and let individuals sign up (not the entire guild) and have that stand for the length of the event. *shrugs*

Tired and not flowing with ideas at the moment, what does everyone else have?

M

MoneyMaker

Hmm, not much of an idea, per se, but I would like to see the Lost Lands used in an event. Most players just know about the terathian keep, Papau, Delucia, and maybe the city of the dead. What about all of the other areas there, like the wyvern keep in the northern bay. Might make a good event to take the keep back for a short period. It would have to be a team effort, with the prize of learning new territories of the Lost Lands. Plus it would involve using boats. (might be a nice twist, for those of us who like sailing the seas, to throw some extra sea monsters in and a few other sea Creatures. Maybe even a stationary boat with some Mad mages aboard for the pirate feel).
Okay, so I might have had a bit of a creative flow for a moment there.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 26, 2008
Texas
*wonders if Moneymaker remembers his account name and password...been so long since he's been seen*

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 26, 2008
well, we still have a rather major event arc to deal with ...

We have crimson and platinum dragons afoot but so far they haven't made any reappearances since their confrontation at casca's. I can't imagine these beings could wander the world without leaving some sort of footprint.

The royal council ... just who are these representatives of the towns who elected Casca king? What are their stories and does each town have some virtuous challenge it faces?

Let us not forget that the shadowlords are out there - the real, honest to OMGness shadowlords themselves. In Fel, the factions should be given some goals - perhaps some sort of "king of the castle" event around each shrine with the winner getting a decoration of corruption/purification?

I have to admit that I've most enjoyed the archery/dart tournaments because it give me a chance to recognize names and the mass battles are really for me just lagfest where there's a spawn, my computer hangs, then either the client crashes or I see a long line of numbers followed by "oOOooo" (even though hanging back and healing last time meant I got to loot the event monsters)

M

MoneyMaker

*wonders if Moneymaker remembers his account name and password...been so long since he's been seen*

Of course I can remember them! they are......... hmm.......... ugh........... let me think....... *checks tag in underwear*..... aha! :p

Nah, I was just on the other day. Didn't you hear the *THUD* of cru hitting the floor, when my name showed up on the roster, again?
Things are firming up around here. Selling the biz and looking forward to a bit more peaceful (and ulcer free) life after the headaches. Yes, I do have stuff lined up for life after biz ownership. It will be a big change, but thats why they ask for you to minor in a subject in college, hehe.
All of that equals a more UO filled life. Looking forward to getting back in my laggy action!
Sir Maplestone, does have a point. Where are those dragons? Hmm sounds like a bit-o-mischief I could get into. :D

D

Danse

It seems that I have missed all of the events but I hope everyone who was there had fun...:blushing:

I would love to see the fullfilment of the Ren Faire...it was talked about just before the Horse Race Event. And, it was discussed that that site would become a permanent Fair Grounds...

Maybe we can have another Race...or some sort of event like that...using other mounts.

Everybodies ideas sound much better than mine...
:blushing:

N

NewThunder

This would be beyond the capabilities of the EM's but it would be nice if the devs could fashion npc's that would provide Bulk order deeds (one per account non transferable), that would allow crafters to make or gather things in suport of the events, the reward could perhaps be a simple piece of clothing that says for example: " I helped the realm prepare for the destruction of Zento!" This would allow crafters/gatherers to help and the rewards would be unique but not rare.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 27, 2008
This has been said a million times by almost everyone. Can you just randomly invade cities for no apparent reason in trammel and malas from time to time? Nothing permanent but just to keep us on our toes. It'd be cool to see rikktor invade a city with an army of greater drags drakes and other reptiles.

or baracoon invades with an army of ratmen to spread avarice and greed throughout britain. or even just 3 ancient liches get together with an undead force and invade luna on the behest of some evil necromancers in umbra.

Spice it up ya know? Legends could be the shard where wars are fought and LEGENDS made.

M

MoneyMaker

Great!! I don't know if it was my idea used or it was already in the planning, but we had a event that involved boats, and the pirate feel!!
I have to say out of all the events I have participated in (yes, Uriah, I have been quite a few from the last time we had EMs) this was one of the best, for sheer originality (not just saying that because a small portion of my idea).

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dec 14, 1999
Southern Oregon
This has been said a million times by almost everyone. Can you just randomly invade cities for no apparent reason in trammel and malas from time to time? Nothing permanent but just to keep us on our toes. It'd be cool to see rikktor invade a city with an army of greater drags drakes and other reptiles.

or baracoon invades with an army of ratmen to spread avarice and greed throughout britain. or even just 3 ancient liches get together with an undead force and invade luna on the behest of some evil necromancers in umbra.

Spice it up ya know? Legends could be the shard where wars are fought and LEGENDS made.
That sounds like it would be a good time. But I would like the spawn to be controlled by an EM or something. make it tougher or something!