• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] EM Bennu On The Drop From 7/21/16 Atlantic Event

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I bought mine and still have mine, but I am SOL if these disappear? Seems hardly fair considering I can prove at this very moment that I have them.

upload_2016-7-22_12-44-34.png
upload_2016-7-22_12-45-32.png

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice to see something is being done about this. Sucks for anyone that bought one and can't recoup from the original owner, but i think this is a fair way to handle this.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Proxy is such a crappy choice for an event boss, they should put up a clicky and let everyone come get a replica version.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I honestly hope you purchased them from a very reputable person who actually has integrity my friend... other than that, yeah, you may be out of luck. Good luck..

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Even locked down it will or might disappear ?

upload_2016-7-22_13-4-36.png

Nails Warstein

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I bought mine off two different vendors, here is another one locked down

upload_2016-7-22_13-25-33.png

Nails Warstein

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I was able to lock mine down here.
upload_2016-7-22_13-28-56.png

MrUber

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
same here i vendored one (which disappeared a minute after it was on vendor) (bought two) and got one myself havent logged in yet to check on their status *ugh*

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What happened to the standard "We will not replace lost or stolen items" mantra?

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not lost... There is a wrong script that make them disappear...

InfernO will come to get you

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think the only thing that could happen in the case of someone purchasing the said item is emailing Mesanna herself the coordinates of your house. Doing so will let her see the item visibly and the potential possibility of her fixing them on the spot. That is the only solution I can ever see in regards to the ones bought - unless of course you bought from someone reputable.

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When a boss dies , the system checks the players who made more dmg, healed the most, and got dmged the most....and it gives the reward to them.
This part isn't true anymore. Those are the ways to get looting rights but once you have rights you have an equal drop chance as anyone else with rights. It doesn't reward based on a top scorer list anymore

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bought mine for 85M so if it vanishes no lose to me really...Cant remember who I bought it from but I know it was someone from another shard

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This is a perfect example of why the game needs to have an item ID tracking system. In modern times a game developer should be able to search an item's ID, graphic number, or whatever else and see a list of every account that owns that particular item. In this case they would be able to see who the last person was that owned it before it went poof, which would prevent the people who bought one from losing both their gold and their item.

If they improved upon that system further it would also be very useful for catching dupers. If each item has a unique ID and suddenly slither #387 is duped and there are thousands of them with the same ID, they would be able to pinpoint who the last person to own the original was before it got duped, and ban that person for duping.

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would said id# system be able to track randomly deleted items like this? I mean, if something is buggy enough to disappear on an erratic whim then would the id system even register it's existence?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Would said id# system be able to track randomly deleted items like this? I mean, if something is buggy enough to disappear on an erratic whim then would the id system even register it's existence?
Theoretically the ID system should maintain a log of every account that has ever owned each item, essentially having each account imprint it's account number on the item every time it gets traded or sold on a vendor. So if they look in the logs they would see:
  1. "Mesanna created the item"
  2. "Person A received the item" (from the event)
  3. "Person A traded it to Person B (or put it on a vendor where Person B bought it)"
If the item went poof and the ID tracker started saying no account owns that item currently when they search it's ID number, they will be able to see that person B was the last to own it before it went poof and they should be the one to receive the new item.

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Theoretically the ID system should maintain a log of every account that has ever owned each item, essentially having each account imprint it's account number on the item every time it gets traded or sold on a vendor. So if they look in the logs they would see:
  1. "Mesanna created the item"
  2. "Person A received the item" (from the event)
  3. "Person A traded it to Person B (or put it on a vendor where Person B bought it)"
If the item went poof and the ID tracker started saying no account owns that item currently when they search it's ID number, they will be able to see that person B was the last to own it before it went poof and they should be the one to receive the new item.

This is the reason all this happened and this is the reason why the decision was made to replace the reward for people that lost them.

1. The art tile had a clean up script on it. Meaning it has a clean up script on it and will disappear when its place within x amount of time.
2. For those that received the reward and ran home to put it on your vendor or lock it down in your house, it probably did disappear
3. EM's can not read the item that spawns the top attacker to tell exactly how many rewards were giving out, this number varies because of the bonus added in for the players that stay on the shards and do 4 events to get a bonus "home shard" reward. So asking Bennu or any other EM how many rewards were given out is not going to give the correct number actually given out.
4. If you have one of the original items locked down in your house or on a vendor and it has not disappeared you should not worry, you have waited the correct amount of time to take it out of your pack.

Hope this clears things up for everyone, as to why we are giving out the rewards to the top attackers on the list. I will take full blame for not suggesting a different art type that will not delete itself a few minutes after being placed.

Have a great day everyone!