• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Eliminate the Point Cap

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Coming from a long time poster who has accumulated a few posts, likes and points...I'd just like to see the point cap removed.

Also for post count, you may want to make some additional tiers. If you look at the member list, you'll see that a lot of of folks at the top hit the cap a long time ago.

The reason I bring this up is the idea of gamifaction which I think is the reason for those systems to be in place in the first place. Just a thought...la

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Capped, meaning your points are no longer increasing? Your points are currently 36,931. Does that number go up when you post or receive a like? I'm not aware of an indigenous way to cap trophy points.

When we migrated to the XenForo 1.0, trophy points were the only way to assign titles. That's why points corresponded virtually exclusively to post numbers--so nobody lost their titles upon migration. Over time, XenForo enabled a post-based title hierarchy, which would allow for more creative gamification through trophy points. Back when Dawngate was a thing, we used trophy points at The Shapers Guild to assign little badges under users' avatars. See:

For reference: Trophies | Stratics

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Capped, meaning your points are no longer increasing? Your points are currently 36,931. Does that number go up when you post or receive a like? I'm not aware of an indigenous way to cap trophy points.
I've been at 36,931 since the new system was implemented. Since that time, I've posted numerous times and received numerous likes. No change. If you look at the member list, you'll see that nobody has more than 36,931. That's why I assumed it was capped...la

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
@TheScoundrelRico Yep, that definitely sounds like a bug. They make need to run a cron to recalculate the points or something.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but it's been that way for years. Here is the page that shows how many points are given for each trophy, when you add them all together it hits the 36,931 cap Rico mentioned. Trophies | Stratics

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
That's a good clue! I'm not sure.
Oh, wait! I know why! Maybe... Maybe we set the trophy criteria to award points after X number of posts, instead of per post. I bet that's what's going on.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'll poke around :p

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
OK from what I see in the back end, you don't actually get points added until you achieve specific criteria, which would explain why it has an effective cap, there isn't any criteria to be met that would continue to net you points. I'll bring it up to the rest of the staff and we'll see what gets tossed around, i can't make any promises though.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Well, at a certain point, you can customize your title - so you could always customize it to whatever tickles your fancy.