• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Elf recipie nerf?

• Thread starter imported_Peppermace
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Peppermace

Ok so a few weeks ago I was making Icy Scimitars, Wounding Assassin Spikes and some others with double spell mods like this:

I tried to make some yesterday and the spell effects wouldn't stack any longer. I went on test and, after pounding out 201 of them with a valorite runic, my conclusion is the damaging effects no longer stack. Heads up :/.

So now I have a few questions. First of all are my old double hit weapons legal? I made them legally, but I don't want to be in the middle of a champ and have some GM poof my sword lol. I did sell quite a few of them on my vendor for 10K and I need to warn my patrons if they're at risk. Secondly, and yes, this is me whining, they should have told us that was being changed or I wouldn't have used my bronze runics on Icy Scimitars ARGH!!!. That harm stacking with the lightning or fireball is what made them *good* and worth making... let's face it 15% harm on it's own pretty much bites. Twinkling Scimitars back on top of the Dark Sapphire list again I guess....

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It was probably an unintended consequence of what was done to eliminate the "mage armor leather" bug that cost runic-made leather armor to lose properties (and similarly, sometimes some of the recipe bonuses and runic bonuses wouldn't stack on smith weapons)

"Hit spell" things are all in one property, in terms of being rolled up, so that is probably the issue.

Report it as a bug, and try to get Jeremy or Draconi's attention on it on U.Hall....

I

imported_Peppermace

Thanks!! I will! I mean I can understand why if they did nerf it hehehe running around with 50% lightning and 15% harm is pretty awesome and all hehehe.... but I wasn't sure.