• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Environment Elf keeps seeing dark nights...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
even when night sight is on a piece of armor. Granted it's just a slight pain, but figured it could go on the bottom of the stack.

CC. Happens in dungeons, bank sitting @ WBB & Luna, and even in the house.

Lady Bleez

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Instead of adding a new thread I will just add to this one. This is definitely still a problem. I notice it most with my elves. Happens everywhere but usually after I have been in a dungeon that day. So possibly connected to being in a "dark place".

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Could I get some additional information on this issue to help me track down the problem?
  1. Has anyone seen this in the EC or is this only occurring in the classic client?
  2. For anyone that is seeing this in the classic client…is the Dark Nights display option selected when this is occurring?
  3. Kylie, does this seem to occur when you have visited any specific dungeons or locations?
Thanks.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
1- Only use the CC here.
2- No, I leave Dark Nights off.
3- I have have never noticed a pattern to it really. My main hunting grounds at the time I posted were Shame and Covetous (every thing from Void Pool to Cora and especially level three), all over Ilsh but primarily the Champ Spawns (had dark night kick in a few times while fighting at the Ilsh Humility Spawn) and the Graverobber area, on a few occasions Mini Spawns in The Abyss.

Have not been in game but sporadically here lately, work is wide open, hoping to get on for some time this weekend and will see how it goes. Thanks for trying to tackle it Misk :thumbsup:

Lady Bleez

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
1. I also only use the CC
2. Dark nights is not selected.
3. I don't know of an exact pattern either. My elf tamer is usually visiting shame lvl 2 (tram)or covetous lvl 3 (tram). My thief (also elf) makes rounds through the abyss, and doom. The lights go out on him pretty often in doom usually around the restless souls between the cocoon and skull candle. He does occasionally visit covetous lvl 3 to see if anyone is there if I plan on hunting there with my tamer.

Probably unrelated but I always crash as soon as I hit the cavern of the discarded in the Abyss. I would say it is only 1 out of 5 times that I don't. My husband also crashes when he gets there. Usually around the bridge.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You have weak elves! None of mine have ever experienced this.

But then mine are all using the EC.

Also there is some question as to whether wearing Night Sight Items on an Elf has some sort of role in this bug.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could I get some additional information on this issue to help me track down the problem?
  1. Has anyone seen this in the EC or is this only occurring in the classic client?
  2. For anyone that is seeing this in the classic client…is the Dark Nights display option selected when this is occurring?
  3. Kylie, does this seem to occur when you have visited any specific dungeons or locations?
Thanks.
1. Classic client

2. Dark Night unchecked

The night sight spell turns off for everyone at the same time. Before elves or the property you would see everyone spam it at the same time and ask each other for the buff. I believe it is the same time it goes dark on my elf and the location seems to be anywhere.

SamWhiskey

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
1. Classic client

2. Dark Night unchecked

This bug came up 1st after upgraded to High Seas. So it's an about 2 year old bug... ;)
Sent a few mails to bugreport - no response of course...:rolleyes2:

Happens everywhere, even on ships.

Quick workaround till next appearence: Log out and in. :rolleyes2:

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
CC
Elf miner
Dark Nights not checked
Happens a lot mining in caves
Work around I use is the nightsight earrings, take off and replace, befor the earrings I always made sure one piece had nightsight on it.
OMG I can see

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
I am still trying to track down this issue. I have two more questions I am hoping to get some more information on.

#1 - Does this appear to be occuring at any specific game time? You can use a tinkered clock to get an exact time of day.
#2 - Have any of these characters either done the Human to Elf quest or used a race change token? Or are they elves from birth?

Thanks in advance.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am still trying to track down this issue. I have two more questions I am hoping to get some more information on.

#1 - Does this appear to be occuring at any specific game time? You can use a tinkered clock to get an exact time of day.
#2 - Have any of these characters either done the Human to Elf quest or used a race change token? Or are they elves from birth?

Thanks in advance.
I'll have to carry around a clock until it happens to get the time.

I did the Human to Elf quest, so you're probably on to something there.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Happens to me sometimes as well.
  1. Only use the CC.
  2. Dark Nights not selected.
  3. No Specific loactions. Sometimes in cities, sometimes homes, sometimes dungeons. It can happen even if I haven't been in a dungeon at all on any character.
  4. Don't know about a specific game time...
  5. All my characters have been elves from birth. No quests, no tokens.
  6. EDIT: Looking over them again, I've realized a couple actually do have Nightsight, but others affected don't.

Last edited:

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not only the elves who have problems with their eyes in the dark. A common human, equipped with armor having Night Sight as one property, often enough also stands in the dark until I move the Night Sight item off and on again. (Happened just now for me in New Haven, which reminded me of this thread.) Night Sight is failing regulary since ages.
(Classic Client, Dark Nights option unchecked.)

*Salute*
Olahorand

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Confirmed it twice as going dark at midnight on the in game clocks.

3 times now, all at midnight in game time.

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Thought this was fixed because it hasn't happened in a while. But it just happened. I had been taming Cu's in Twisted Weald (most all morning) and then was trying to key Trav in The Citadel. Had to give up on keying Trav and was bank sitting on top of WBB when it went dark at Midnight.

Leodegan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Yeah seconded my fisher is an elf and this happened before which i reported it (never did get an acknowledgement reply) then it stopped but have just been out fishing and noticed that everything was dark... cast NS n that sorted it but being an elf it shouldnt really be required

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It still happens, doesn't matter if the elf was created as an elf or did the quest.

It usually happens to me when I cross over and back from Tram/Fel.

It's really noticeable when doing the abysmal spawn, it seems to depend on your Z axis if you see dark night or not. Once you dismount and remount, it works fine again, then about 3-5 minutes later, it's back.