• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Edit - See my Reply: Thank you & Farewell, Siege Perilous!)

G

As you may have or may not have noticed. My name now appears once again in the Moderator list here.

I will be here, Moderating, for an undetermined amount of time. And yes, as many of you know, I can be very strict. I can also be very compassionate. As will other Administrators, whom you might not even know are there, watching and reading from the shadows.

Show me respect by respecting our Rules of Conduct and calming down and I shall show you all the same respect by respecting you all with a bit of leniency. Until I see the afore requested respect, I shall be in "strict" mode.

Oh, and just for those who would cry "impartiality" or something or rather from remembering when I was here and was playing Siege...

I do not even play UO anymore, so that cry of impartiality would be greatly misconstrued.

Be well,
~Orvago
LotRO Stratics Associate Editor - http://lotro.stratics.com
UO Stratics Forum Administrator - http://uo.stratics.com
[email protected]

Edit: Changed subject line.

G

Starting now, any bumps made within 5 hours of a previous bump will either:

A) Get your bump removed.
B) Get your thread locked.
C) Get your thread locked and a warning/ban issued if you have violated this previously.

Be happy in that this is the only forum where Bumps have been openly allowed.

Please keep in mind, "bumping" is only for Trading Threads!

Thanks!

G

Below is a Private Message I sent to someone this morning. I got to thinking and I really do not want to have offended anyone, so after reading the message I sent a couple times, I realized that this email pertains to everyone here, so here it is.

If you would like to respond to it to me, please so so via Private Message or E-Mail, as I hope you will understand why it is this way after reading the following message:

"Howdy,

I do apologize if I have offended you, that was not my intent. The one thing that must be realized is that I shall not discuss Staffing Issues in public, especially on a forum where I have had set aside other priorities to Moderate in an atmosphere where I know many users will take any chance they get to make "pot-shots" at my Staff and Myself. (I do a lot more than just UO Forum Admining, I also maintain the LotRO Stratics Site as the Associate Editor, in which we have no Managing Editor like UO Stratics has, it's just me and at this time, one other person running the whole site)

However, I will be happy to discuss as much as I can on such things, in a private atmosphere, such as Private Messages or E-Mail. I have not seen any need to discuss any Staffing Issues on the Siege Forum, especially because the only Staffing Issues I have seen so far there is the lack of Moderation (none of which was due in part to Kelmo, on the contrary, he has been doing almost all of the Moderating on Siege for some time now, which came as quite a shock to us to learn about as we had thought that all three Moderators were active).

So please, if you have any issues that pertain to the Rules of Conduct or Staffing Issues, bring them to my fellow Administration Team or Myself via Private Message or by E-Mail at our personal Stratics Addresses or at our collective E-Mail Address, [email protected] - this latter of which gets sent to All the UO Forum Admin Team, including our Associate Editor and Managing Editor as well as their bosses too.

Be well,
~Orvago
[email protected] - [email protected] "

So, please accept my apologies if I have offended anyone by being as strict and to the point as I am. It is hard to change, I understand that more than anyone. I promise that I will try my best to not come off as some monster with an attitude anymore. I am sorry!

Because more than just a handful have requested that this thread to not be locked, I will oblige. However, keep in mind, we still will not allow the discussions of the Rules or Staffing Issues here, or anywhere. So do please refrain from those comments in this or any thread.

Thank you!

I

imported_Soul'Ess

<blockquote><hr>

I promise that I will try my best to not come off as some monster with an attitude anymore. I am sorry!

[/ QUOTE ]

You are human.

Well met.

{:-&gt;

G

I like you.
You are not the monster
everyone made you out to be .
I think we need a mod like you ,
Kelmo has his hands full with
us as you know . So someone like you
is greatly needed here. Kelmo can't
catch all the bad stuff on his own .
I think you are doing a great job
and please keep up the good work !!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I like you.
You are not the monster

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean the good work trammelizing and silent the Siege forum.
The spirit is gone now, the forum is dead.
As long players stay in char, they should be allowed to board PvP.
Starting to bring RL into the game are wrong but showing disrespect to an other char for his actions ingame should be ok as long it's not about illegale stuff.
I really think we need a global chat ingame when we can't use this forum for it.
UO is not WOW where enemies can't speak with each others.
A mod on this forum need to stay true to the spirit of the shard.

N

Nico-SP

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I like you.
You are not the monster

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean the good work trammelizing and silent the Siege forum.
The spirit is gone now, the forum is dead.
As long players stay in char, they should be allowed to board PvP.
Starting to bring RL into the game are wrong but showing disrespect to an other char for his actions ingame should be ok as long it's not about illegale stuff.
I really think we need a global chat ingame when we can't use this forum for it.
UO is not WOW where enemies can't speak with each others.
A mod on this forum need to stay true to the spirit of the shard.

[/ QUOTE ]

God i love you...will you marry me?
Well ATLEAST its a GREAT buy/sell forum...

G

Ok , it is a little slower &amp; boring now
but it was out of control .
Everyone was crossing the line.

So thoses are the people you can
blame for Kelmo calling in Orvago.
Most people don't think before
they go on these legendary
rants and let it all hang out.

We can still speak our minds ,we
just need to make a conscious effort
to do it in a way that doesn't cross
the ROC ...
This place is supposed to be fun
and I think it still can be .
We make it what it is and if we don't
want the mods to come down on us
we know what we have to do now ...

G

Thank you and Farewell, Siege Perilous!

It is time for me to move on to other duties now. I believe I have demonstrated, to the best of my abilities, what is acceptable here and what is not. I am leaving this forum now in some very capable and experienced hands as well as a forum full of Community Proud and Mature Users, who I believe have now seen and understand some of the things that were unacceptable to allow.

To touch on a user's comment of "my standards." My standards are the Standards of UO Stratics, which are the Rules of Conduct. (If my Standards were any different, they wouldn't be Stratics' Standards and I wouldn't be in the position I am in today, as UO Forum Administrator and LotRO Stratics Associate Editor.) Trust me, if I were to ever step out of line or do something that doesn't fit into Stratics' Standards, then I would get a stern speaking to from one of my Bosses.

I believe that things here have shaped up enough for me to leave the forum in the capable hands of your current Moderators to continue on upholding the Rules of Conduct and all your understanding hands as users here.

Do not worry however, for my fellow UO Stratics Administrative Team and I shall not be far should any of you need the ear of an Administrator. There are two things I cannot stress enough, one of which is the need for our users to come to us, by Private Message or E-Mail, when there are any questions, concerns, or complaints on any of our Staff's actions or inactions on these Forums.

The Collective E-Mail for all the UO Stratics Administrators is [email protected] - this gets sent to all the UO Forum Administrators, both the UO Stratics Managing Editor and Associate Editor (UO Stratics Staff's Head Bosses) as well as our Boss' Bosses too! So you see, this is a far better way to let the Bosses know of any problems with ANY UO Stratics Staff Member as well as any conflicting opinions of the Rules of Conduct. Posting such things on the forum instead, will most likely only be seen by the Moderators that have to remove them and issue Bans or Warnings over it.

The second thing I want to stress to everyone is the posting of Personal Attacks Grievances.

• Posting of "PvP Smack" is far different than posting of personal grievances or attacks. For example, it is okay to post "Man, your skill at PvPing sucks!" Where-as it is not okay to say "You're so ******** you cannot even PvP!" the latter being a Personal Attack.

• Stating such things as "You're now KoS to our Guild!" is quite okay to post. However, posting of "You exploited and talked [censored] to my friends and I, I/We are going to KoS you, you degenerate pig!" is not okay to post.

If these two things can remain under control (The posting of RoC/Staff Issues and the posting of Personal Attacks/Grievances), and I believe that they can, then this forum will attract more users than the ones leaving because they are now unable to post such Personal Attacks/Grievances or Staff Issues.

We would much rather have a forum of 50, RoC-Abiding users, here than we would if there were 100 RoC-Violating Users. We'll most certainly warn/ban those 100 Users in exchange for keeping 50 RoC-Abiding Users that will feel comfortable in inviting their friends to participate in such a Forum Community.

I would like to thank each and everyone of you for your cooperation and understanding here. I truly hope that my only returning visits to this Forum will be of that to read and see how well things are continuing and even to participate in some of the Discussions here from time to time, and well of course the beloved "lol-cat thread." *cheers for lol-cats*

Thank you very much for your cooperation and understanding.

*bows with much respect and gratitude*

((Thread Moderation Note: I removed the replies here that delt too far into Staffing Issues. I assure you however, just like PM/Email mssages we get, the removed comments have been noted for all the Forum Administrators' reviewing.))

I

imported_Magnolia

Thank you for your renewed RoC commitment... There is no reason why we can't disagree within the rules with the help of good moderating and game taunt with humor instead of meaness..

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

I believe that things here have shaped up enough for me to leave the forum in the capable hands of your current Moderators to continue on upholding the Rules of Conduct and all your understanding hands as users here.

[/ QUOTE ]

TURN THE LIGHTS BACK ON!!! Party time !

G

<blockquote><hr>

TURN THE LIGHTS BACK ON!!! Party time !

[/ QUOTE ]

Settle down, Beavis

G

I just realized my joking picture comment could be misinterpreted...

Orvago, your input is much appreciated, I value what you do, and I will defend your work for, or against, as the matter may be, anyone here.

Have fun with whatever you do, hope to see you here some time again, and then, just because you like it here, not because we need you.

Kind regards

G

Lol, good thing I didn't post about how boring the forums were today!

I might have been banned!

Anyways, thanks for the clarification. I hope it helps some of our more raucous crowd to moderate their comments! Humor always trumps angst.

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

I friggin love your "O Rly!" baby!

[/ QUOTE ]
&lt;----------------

G

<blockquote><hr>

Orvago, your input is much appreciated, I value what you do, and I will defend your work for, or against, as the matter may be, anyone here.

Have fun with whatever you do, hope to see you here some time again, and then, just because you like it here, not because we need you.

Kind regards

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto!

Have fun with LoTRO, and if you suddenly fall asleep where you sit at the end of one of your marathon awake sessions, if you happen to be doing forum admin at that moment, try to be considerate and fall to the side of the keyboard as you lose consciousness. We get even crankier when Stratics loads slowly.

-Skylark

G

Thank you Orvago

<blockquote><hr>

The second thing I want to stress to everyone is the posting of Personal Attacks Grievances.

• Posting of "PvP Smack" is far different than posting of personal grievances or attacks. For example, it is okay to post "Man, your skill at PvPing sucks!" Where-as it is not okay to say "You're so ******** you cannot even PvP!" the latter being a Personal Attack.

• Stating such things as "You're now KoS to our Guild!" is quite okay to post. However, posting of "You exploited and talked [censored] to my friends and I, I/We are going to KoS you, you degenerate pig!" is not okay to post.

[/ QUOTE ]

*Smiles*

G

*waves*

Be seeing ye around, on this or other forums.

As for my self, I look at posting on Stratics sort of like a banquet. We are all invited, but Stratics is the host. We can decline to feast or feast our choice. Why there even be times, the food may not appeal at 'all' times, maybe only sometimes, but far be it from me to tell the host ... their dinner suxs. *not polite*

There be times a food fight erupts and some have lots of fun in that food fight. NP till someone starts tossing the plates, the knives or frozen roasted pigs weighing tons INTO someone else's faces, harming them that is too much grief. That then would be when the host probably says.........'ya need to leave my banquet, or behave'.

Happy dining *grabs an eggroll to munch upon peacefully.*

I

imported_obNOXious

<blockquote><hr>

As you may have or may not have noticed. My name now appears once again in the Moderator list here.

I will be here, Moderating, for an undetermined amount of time. And yes, as many of you know, I can be very strict. I can also be very compassionate. As will other Administrators, whom you might not even know are there, watching and reading from the shadows.

Show me respect by respecting our Rules of Conduct and calming down and I shall show you all the same respect by respecting you all with a bit of leniency. Until I see the afore requested respect, I shall be in "strict" mode.

Oh, and just for those who would cry "impartiality" or something or rather from remembering when I was here and was playing Siege...

I do not even play UO anymore, so that cry of impartiality would be greatly misconstrued.

Be well,
~Orvago
[email protected]

[/ QUOTE ]

MMMMMMMMMM......yummy............i luv it when they talk tough

I

imported_obNOXious

<blockquote><hr>

Be well,
~Orvago
[email protected]

[/ QUOTE ]

MMMMMMMMMM......yummy............i luv it when they talk tough