• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EDIT* Amnesty News Soon To Come!

G

I can wait for my gifts, it's fine but I am not happy having to wait a month and a half for skill locks. Sims with entitlement days should be rewarded what they have earned in the month of March, as was intended. Changing it to April 30th, to entice more accounts to reactivate to make more $$$ is understandable but unfair to the already existent EALand player!!!

If I am wrong in assuming the new amnesty date is April 30th, please correct me... you will make my sim very happy and my human even happier!

***Please note, the reason why I am assuming the amnesty date is April 30th, is that I cannot imagine that amnesty would take place for reactivated players now, then again later for those who resubscribed between March and April 30th

I

imported_Lady_D

Nowhere in that blog entry did it mention the amnesty date. The last I heard was in a town hall meeting when Lee said that amnesty would happen after all the cities were merged.

G

maybe they think its gonna take that long to get everyone merged who knows?

G

The only thing I have heard to do with April 30th is the EA Land Founder and Explorer deadline. Haven't heard anything about the amnesty date as of yet.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Nowhere in that blog entry did it mention the amnesty date. The last I heard was in a town hall meeting when Lee said that amnesty would happen after all the cities were merged.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're going to be literal about it... "After all cities are merged" could be March, it could be April, it could be May... you get what I mean so I will stop there haha

I

imported_Lady_D

ok so? I agree there was no date given - that was my point. I'm sure that was on purpose.

G

right, I agree with you... that's why I am assuming rather than reacting to a posted date (Thank you, I know the date was not posted). Just trying to see what other people get out of the blog post.

G

If I remember correctly, the deadline to complete the merges is set for the end of March. They are very close to completing this. If they are waiting for the merges to be finished, amnesty should not be far behind.

G

<blockquote><hr>

If I remember correctly, the deadline to complete the merges is set for the end of March. They are very close to completing this. If they are waiting for the merges to be finished, amnesty should not be far behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

*crossing fingers*
It's so sad that all I can dwell on are skill locks! haha

G

Update
<blockquote><hr>

Greg said,

on March 18th, 2008 at 8:24 am

&gt;&gt;…do I have to pay the whole time or just at some time between the dates?
Some. If you have had premium account at any time during the period then you are founder. For example, you subscribe now you would be considered a founder even if you been a free player up to this point.

&gt;&gt; …will there be badges?
Yes.

<font color="red">&gt;&gt; … what about amnesty?
</font> This program doesn’t affect the amnesty program. They are indpedent.

&gt;&gt;… lava lamps …?
The lava lamps are independent of this program. The lava lamps are considered founder items because by default you have to meet founder criteria to recieve the game pieces. However, you need not be founder to actually win and you can in fact get game pieces and win through other means - player trades and ATM.

&gt;&gt; .. can I lose my founder status?
Once an account is founder it is always a founder. Founders are always eligible to enable the “founder account type”. The “founder account type” is a premium or paying account type with extra benefits.

&gt;&gt; do I have to do anything additional?
Nope. This will happen simply by meeting the criteria described.

Hope this helps

Regards
gk

[/ QUOTE ]

G

Wow Simone, you are amazing thank you! You just brought a huge smile to my face! I guess this thread can be locked now... if you want... ... ...

C

CarlosN

hey simone does this mean that paying members that suscribed again in the month of march are going to be considered founders and receive the simmy and the founder sign?

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. Parizad said the same thing in the Town Hall in my presence....that amnesty would occur after all the cities were merged. However I predicted that this wouldn't happen until April 15th at least, so it does not surprise me that it is the 30th at all.

Something for clarification though....does this mean that only premium accounts will get amnesty? The e-mail that was sent out led people to believe that if they just reactivated their accounts, even for free that they would receive amnesty if they did so by the deadline. On this information, my husband reactivated his account as a free account. Does this now mean that we need to get his account to premium also in order for him to receive amnesty?

ETA: To clear up my own misconception and apparently the OP's as well, here is the blog post in full for the benefit of those who get white pages when clicking on the RSS blog feeds on the main page right:

<blockquote><hr>

To be considered an EA-Land Founder you must have had an active paying account (subscription or game time card) after July 1, 2007 and before April 30, 2008.

To be considered an EA-Land Explorer you must have active account of any kind between July 1, 2007 and before April 30, 2008

What is EA-Land Founder?

An EA-Land Founder is a specific account type, with additional privileges, that is available only until the deadline. After the deadline, there will be three (3) account types: Basic, Premium, and EA-Land Founder; all new accounts after the deadline will be Basic or Premium. The account types have increasing entitlements from Basic to Premium to EA-Land Founder. For example:

Number of Avatars in EA-Land / Test Center 3
Basic: 1 / 1
Premium: 3 / 2
Founder: 8 / 6
Anniversary Gifts Per Account in EA-Land / Test Center 3
Basic: 0 / 0
Premium: 2 / 1
Founder: 3 / 1
What is an EA-Land Explorer?

An EA-Land Explorer is any player account which was active between July 1, 2007 and April 30, 2008. This is the full set of folks that have helped us evolve EA-Land in these early stages.

What if I am already a TSO Founder?

EA-Land Founder and EA-Land Explorer are completely independent of TSO Founder status and do not effect TSO Founder status. Also, the fact that an account is a TSO Founder does not mean the account is an EA-Land Founder (or Explorer). To be an EA-Land Founder you must have an active subscription or game time card after July 1, 2007 and before May 1, 2008.

Can I be a Founder and Explorer?

Yep. All Founders are automatically Explorers as well.

Regards,
Greg

[/ QUOTE ]

This tells me that it has nothign to do with amnesty and locks. This is creating a 3rd type of account, whereas now we only have Premium and Free. Founder accounts will have everything that Premium accounts now have, and anybody who does not have a premium account before April 30th will receive a different set of 'perks' (less avatars than founder but more than free according to the blog). This means if you already have a premium account, you don't need to do anything, it will automatically convert to founder, HOWEVER if you have a free account now, and you want the perks that premium founders *now* get, you have to make your account premium BEFORE APRIL 30TH or if you do it after that you will not receive the same perks.

Hope that helps people understand more, and I am thrilled that they are doing this to make 'founder status' actually mean more than simply having the flag.....which means a great deal to alot of us who were TSO founders, however it didn't really give us any 'extras' in gameplay. Being an EA Land founder will! \o/

G

<blockquote><hr>

Something for clarification though....does this mean that only premium accounts will get amnesty? The e-mail that was sent out led people to believe that if they just reactivated their accounts, even for free that they would receive amnesty if they did so by the deadline. On this information, my husband reactivated his account as a free account. Does this now mean that we need to get his account to premium also in order for him to receive amnesty?

[/ QUOTE ]

GREAT QUESTION! I would love to know the answer to this!

H

HoTDeViL

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, thats something i would like to know also. i reactivated some old accounts, also brought back some old TSO players to play as free member again and told them the same. because in the mail i got was to read to reactivate the account and play free to get amnesty

G

Read my edit to my post, I answered my own question. The blog said that amnesty was totally separate from this.....this is just a 3rd type of account, that will only be available until April 30th. It doesn't affect anything previously said regarding free accounts receiving amnesty, its just that free accounts will not be considered EAL Founders, so if anybody wants to be considered a 'Founder' and get all the perks listed as such, then they MUST start paying for their account before April 30th. This gives plenty of notice to people to put back money for a payperiod or whatever they need to do. With all the paypal issues I've been having I'm glad to know that I've got till the 30th to get them resolved and to get hubby's account upgraded since he does want the Founder status.

G

I am also happy to see that no accounts will receive 1 anniversary object per avatar after amnesty is distributed. I always did think that was a bad idea.....sounds like they realized it to and corrected it for the future, but I assume they are not going back on the word that was posted here through screen shot that said that when amnesty is run all avatars would get anniversary objects they are due. Personally, I wish they'd rethink that too as it is going to totally thwart the value of rares, but that's not anything I or anybody else but the devs have the power to go back on.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am also happy to see that no accounts will receive 1 anniversary object per avatar after amnesty is distributed. I always did think that was a bad idea.....sounds like they realized it to and corrected it for the future, but I assume they are not going back on the word that was posted here through screen shot that said that when amnesty is run all avatars would get anniversary objects they are due. Personally, I wish they'd rethink that too as it is going to totally thwart the value of rares, but that's not anything I or anybody else but the devs have the power to go back on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed and THANK YOU FOR CLARIFYING THE ABOVE QUESTION

G

I for one am happy about it for the simple fact it would be nice to have new rares instead of the same ones weve had for over 5 years

G

<blockquote><hr>

I for one am happy about it for the simple fact it would be nice to have new rares instead of the same ones weve had for over 5 years

[/ QUOTE ]

Where does this give us new rares though?

G

After reading and re-reading, it looks to me like the amnesty gifts will be given out to all 8 accounts according to Parizad in Town Hall. Greg's info says anniversary gifts. I read that as saying that the normal anniversary gifts from now on (not including the anmesty) will be given out as per his instructions. Since they are two separate things, makes sense that they won't necessary follow the same guidelines.

That's just "MY" opinion and interpretation of the subject.

As for the date of amnesty, no one seems to know besides after all merges are complete, which "hopefully" will be this week.

G

I can guarantee you, it will happen this year. They will give us what we deserve and then some.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Update
<blockquote><hr>

Greg said,

&gt;&gt;…do I have to pay the whole time or just at some time between the dates?
Some. If you have had premium account at any time during the period then you are founder. For example, you subscribe now you would be considered a founder even if you been a free player up to this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Thank you, Simone, for posting that. That has set my mind at ease.

G

<blockquote><hr>

As for the date of amnesty, no one seems to know besides after all merges are complete, which "hopefully" will be this week.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see any chance that amnesty will happen this week with BF yet to merge AND the BV scenario still up in the air. Don't get me wrong I'll be doing backflips from here to the equator if it does happen, but I think that's an unrealistic expectation that is going to lead to disappointment if it's taken to heart by other readers. If BV didn't factor in, then MAYBE BF could be merged this week but adding BV to it I don't see any way possible for it to be reasonable to expect anything before April 1st at the earliest.

C

Carter'

<blockquote><hr>

I can wait for my gifts, it's fine but I am not happy having to wait a month and a half for skill locks. Sims with entitlement days should be rewarded what they have earned in the month of March, as was intended. Changing it to April 30th, to entice more accounts to reactivate to make more $$$ is understandable but unfair to the already existent EALand player!!!

If I am wrong in assuming the new amnesty date is April 30th, please correct me... you will make my sim very happy and my human even happier!

***Please note, the reason why I am assuming the amnesty date is April 30th, is that I cannot imagine that amnesty would take place for reactivated players now, then again later for those who resubscribed between March and April 30th

[/ QUOTE ]

Well i for one dont wnat it to bee this far away but i can WAIT
i just jeep racking up those entitlement days
MORE LOCKS !! hehehehe look at it this way

C

Carter'

<blockquote><hr>

hey simone does this mean that paying members that suscribed again in the month of march are going to be considered founders and receive the simmy and the founder sign?

[/ QUOTE ]

YEs Carlos

G

Not the simmy unless you were a TSO founder and you have received one in the past and have one coming during amnesty. But yes you would be an EA Land founder.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Not the simmy unless you were a TSO founder and you have received one in the past and have one coming during amnesty. But yes you would be an EA Land founder.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, to clear up the misconception. Simmies were an object for ORIGINAL FOUNDERS of the OLD game. EA Land Founders are different and therefore will not be given simmies as the symbol of their founder status, they will get something that original founders who are not subscribed as of April 30th will not get because being a TSO Founder does not automatically make someone an EA Land founder if they don't return to paid status by April 30th.

G

I have a question my original account was started in dec 2002 for some reason i never got my founders icon ... when this is all done and over with is there a chance that i may finally get mine?

M

mameloot

<blockquote><hr>

Update
<blockquote><hr>

Greg said,

&gt;&gt; …will there be badges?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

(in most offensive Hollywood Mexican bandito accent)

BADGES?????
..........................WE DON'T NEED NO STEENKING BADGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(sorry, just couldn't resist)
mame

C

charlescali1981

Hey,

Do the people lose the original gifts that they have. E.g.) If I have a gnome, but I did not earn it, I bought it, do I keep it with Amnesty?

Charles

R

Riley-

In my email asking me to come back, from MaxisLuc it said:
"Most likely, your Sim is no more, but if you come
back to the game this month, you will get your earned privileges back
(gifts, skill locks etc... in EA-Land) when we run our amnesty program
at the end of the month. Today you can play for free in our test city
called 'Test-Center 3', in a few days you will be able to also play for
Free in the 'EA-Land' city."

So, I was getting, End of March from all that....and it's in writing.

G

Simantics...errr avimantics?

Anyway it doesnt say which month its at the end of.

Its my experience that everything is subject to change without notice.

G

Greg will be posting more about the Amnesty Program in the next couple of days. Keep an eye out on the blog!

J

JustinKase

<blockquote><hr>

Greg will be posting more about the Amnesty Program in the next couple of days. Keep an eye out on the blog!

[/ QUOTE ]

YAY!! Now that all the cities have been merged Amnesty is Coming!!!!

OMG i cant wait for my locks!!! Decay is kickin my @$$

and a big TY for the update!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Connie, what day in Dec 02?

[/ QUOTE ] Good god hon u gotta be kidding that was 5 years ago i couldnt tell ya i just know my account was made dec 2002

G

Everyone please chill until you read Greg's post. You guys will be pleasantly surprised.

G

Pari....we all LOVE and ADORE you!!! And you know you absolutely LOVE us!!!

Now spill the beans.....

G

<blockquote><hr>

Pari....we all LOVE and ADORE you!!! And you know you absolutely LOVE us!!!

Now spill the beans.....

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, I totally do!

...and no, I won't.

Sorry.

G

well that freakin bites ... how would a person find out it only says dec 2002 in my account info

G

The game went live on Dec 17, 2002. I remember loading beta up during Thanksgiving weekend, which was about two 1/2 weeks before that.

Sooo....did you spend Thanksgiving in Beta? If not how close to Thanksgiving did you first play?

Sorry, but that is the most help I can offer....Customer Service might be able to find your sign-up date.

T

Tristan Lewis

Not ALL I read someplace today but cant find it now that back a few years ago there was a bug that randomly took founder flags most were returned but not ALL.....If you care to try to find it its on the Blog in on the post that has almost 400 comments......LMAO cant find it myself but its there somewhere....

G

I dont recall that...hmm. What I do recall was some sims on founder accts were not given flags if they created between Dec 17 02 and the end of Jan 03. We called this the blackout period. We complained about it for a long time until Randy fixed it for us restoring flags to all founder accts. This did not affect sims made before or after that time, and I never heard of a sim losing their flag once they had one. Anyone else?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I dont recall that...hmm. What I do recall was some sims on founder accts were not given flags if they created between Dec 17 02 and the end of Jan 03. We called this the blackout period. We complained about it for a long time until Randy fixed it for us restoring flags to all founder accts. This did not affect sims made before or after that time, and I never heard of a sim losing their flag once they had one. Anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]
I remember this.
There was a post on another forum, dated 12/18/02 that described a very small pre-launch update that created havoc with founder flags, objects, etc.

R

Riley-

I just can't wait to see what it will all be... I was a beta tester starting in Sept or October of 2002, but left in 2004 - so only entitled to like 800+ days, but still! I'm back and waiting =)