• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EC default screen size

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I run EC in windows mode on a 21-inch monitor with native resolution of 1920 x 1080. I don't run full screen so I can jump to the task bar at the bottom. My question is why does EC sometimes open with the game window full screen width and only the task bar showing at the bottom, and other times it opens with the black areas on the right and bottom? I can't see any differences in the settings on any of my characters, and I'm pretty sure the game opens differently at different times on the same character.
My preference would be for the game to always open full screen width in a window, but I can't figure out how. Any ideas?
(Note: Changing the default resolution of the monitor doesn't seem to matter when I'm running the game in a window).

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It happens to me too. It seems to happen more if I log into a character on a different shard that I hadn't logged into since the change to the default and pinco's ui.