• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EC command to fire front cannon

mihali

Sage
Is there a "say" or verbal command to fire front cannon in EC, or a macro sequence that would do fire a cannon, specifically the front one?

Cat Musique

Journeyman
Is there a "say" or verbal command to fire front cannon in EC, or a macro sequence that would do fire a cannon, specifically the front one?
  • Fire (You can fire all cannons on port or broadside by saying 'Fire Port Broadside' (left) or 'Fire Starboard Broadside' (right)
*Wonders if one was to say "Fire Bow" (forward) if that would work?? Can't do that right now, but maybe another can play with that idea??

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
  • Fire (You can fire all cannons on port or broadside by saying 'Fire Port Broadside' (left) or 'Fire Starboard Broadside' (right)
*Wonders if one was to say "Fire Bow" (forward) if that would work?? Can't do that right now, but maybe another can play with that idea??
I tried "Fire Bow" "Fire Bow Broadside" and a few other silly things that I shall not repeat. no joy on the bow only so far.

mihali

Sage
I tried "Fire Bow" "Fire Bow Broadside" and a few other silly things that I shall not repeat. no joy on the bow only so far.
The enhanced client is like a Swiss Army knife in terms of macro capabilities and different commands. I have previously been a strictly classic client user, and I was not aware of this. Now that I'm getting it to enhanced client is like a completely different game, as long as one can put up a little bit with graphics that you're not used to. That is fine for me not much of graphics/deco person and much more of the functional player.
I tried different combinations of commands to see if the cannon in the front of the boat can be activated, and I do have one command that actually will open the cannon from any place on the boat however in order to load the cannon gump one has to be really close by. No way to fire the cannon or prepare the cannon so far with a simple command. The idea was to fire the cannon with one keypress, while you manipulating the boat with the other hand. There may be something that has to do with the code that you can actually program or allowed program into the EC's script language. The fun is in the testing also.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Not sure about all boats, but Tokuno and Orc you can open all the Port and Starboard cannons and have them laid out nice in EC. All within reach.

You can then do a macro that fires all of one side of your ship's cannons, flips your ship, and fires all of the other side of your ship's cannons. This happens within a second.

You then just go through the gumps already opened in step one and reload them all and repeat.

This makes scuttling ships so fast.

And then I grab some commodity deeds and go over to the ship and commodity deed their stuff and then bring it to my ship.

This is the most efficient way I've found to do ships.